Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
under current federal law, gay people should be allowed the right to marry
im a worthless piece of poo poo and get mad at other peoples happiness
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gawker posted:

Kim Davis, the Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk who made headlines for refusing to issue marriage licenses after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to legalize same-sex marriage in June, has been jailed in contempt of court, local news outlets are reporting.

According to Bluegrass Politics, U.S. District Judge David Bunning ruled to imprison Davis until she begins issuing marriage licenses. “Crowd outside erupts in applause,” the outlet tweeted this afternoon.

http://gawker.com/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-jailed-for-refusing-to-issue-s-1728512107

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Good.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Good. :patriot:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
god bless america

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She's about to get so rich off patreon and kickstarter it's unreal

Why didn't I cook up this scam?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

i dont give a single poo poo

^ also that. bitch will never have to work again

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

poopzilla posted:

i dont give a single poo poo

hot take, why dont you give a single poo poo??

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There were a lot of subtle gay bashing themes in Garfield if you think about it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

milkingmycow posted:

There were a lot of subtle gay bashing themes in Garfield if you think about it.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Her kickstarter is gonna pull in so much money, I'm thinking I should just start a false one and pocket the money...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Feed her to lions.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

hot take, why dont you give a single poo poo??

because i give a gently caress what some bigots in buttfucking arkansas or whatever do/think/care about/anything

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
bitch got a 5head

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Jails too good for her, she should've been fitted with a Stolypin necktie or thrown against a wall and shot.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
She's going to make a fortune on the Fox News / book tour / Christian martyr gravy train now. Would have been better off just letting her throw her little tantrum and shuffling her quietly out the door during the next round of "budget cutbacks".

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
how long can they keep her in prison for

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

XMNN posted:

until she is executed

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

reminder that she's on her 4th marriage and was pregnant by her 3rd husband while still married to her first but she respects the sanctity of marriage and god's word, so would she be ok with being stoned or some poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is it legal by kickstarter rules for me to start a "Kim Davis Memorial Fund" and then buried in the text I mention that the money goes to me?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucking owned

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
I figured they would just fire her

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah she didn't get jailed for not issuing gay marriage licenses she got jailed for refusing to do her job after being court ordered to do it or quit

who cares

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Baxter posted:

I figured they would just fire her

its an elected position so she can't be fired, she can only lose the position if the state legislature impeaches her or if she's voted out in the next election.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's not a sexual thing. Please don't think this is a sexual thing I just like mudkip and babies need diapers, that's how it works.

XMNN posted:

Literally until she agrees to sign the licenses

If she doesn't agree to it she could serve her whole term in prison and if she gets re-elected stay in prison

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Blurred posted:

She's going to make a fortune on the Fox News / book tour / Christian martyr gravy train now. Would have been better off just letting her throw her little tantrum and shuffling her quietly out the door during the next round of "budget cutbacks".

Yep, she's going to be filthy rich now cause everyone on both sides of this story is a retard.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I'd hit it.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
She herself is probably a freaking same sex desirer

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Any money she makes should be immediately seized by the government as ill gotten gains since she would essentially be profiting from breaking the law.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally until she agrees to sign the licenses

If she doesn't agree to it she could serve her whole term in prison and if she gets re-elected stay in prison
:getin:

will she still get conservative martyr bucks if she caves and starts marrying gay people

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Not sure why she's in jail, but she should have been fired a long time ago. I see a pain killer addiction in her future.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i hope that kentucky has good unemployment insurance and takes care of her pension

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

milkingmycow posted:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A prison term could give her a new understanding of homosexual relationships. Gay for the stay?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's not a sexual thing. Please don't think this is a sexual thing I just like mudkip and babies need diapers, that's how it works.

Wafflz posted:

Yep, she's going to be filthy rich now cause everyone on both sides of this story is a retard.

The other side being the people who want to get married?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

XMNN posted:

:getin:

will she still get conservative martyr bucks if she caves and starts marrying gay people

If she continues to refuse to sign the license and stays in jail someone should organize a trollish re-election campaign/counter-recall so she stays in prison for the rest of her life.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

-S- posted:

its an elected position so she can't be fired, she can only lose the position if the state legislature impeaches her or if she's voted out in the next election.

Gotcha. Thanks, genuinely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I thought this was America :911:

• Locked thread