Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There are certain things that are integral to western culture and western dominance. Democracy, individual rights, including the rights of women. Europe is letting in people who, on average, don't believe that all men and women are equal, and who think that god, not the government is the highest authority. It amazes me that just as the western world has finally broken the stranglehold of Christian fundamentalism on society (certain parts of the USA excluded) Europe decides to willing import thousands of devout Muslims. I could understand spending millions and using military force to create and maintain a safe camp in Syria, but this idea of taking a million people of different language and culture, and settling them in your population is just bizarre. Migrants self select. You get people who are tired of thier poo poo culture who might be interested in adopting yours. These refugees don't want to assimilate, they want to escape. I can't blame them, but Germany is not obligated to do a thing for Syria. If citizens or private groups want to help then fine, but the government of a people is only obligated to the people that elected it, no one else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread