Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

I don't think she can hurt her so it doesn't really matter

Yeah but it'll be a problem when she fights people who aren't Alex Chambers.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Team Alpha Male has clearly done great work with refining PVZ

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fifthace posted:

I always feel like the lower weight classes should use more elbows. Like if you're probably not gonna knock someone out then might as well cut them up a bunch

Fighters in general should use more elbows, but they're difficult to train properly and it's tough for most people to use something in a fight they don't train extensively, so talented elbowers are rare.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Northjayhawk posted:

Team Alpha Male has clearly done great work with refining PVZ

The Kampmann striking defense is hard at work tonight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They really need to bring Van Zant along a lot slower. I couldn't imagine her beating Rose, much less Gadelha or Joanna.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
Unless Chambers is really really good on the ground and pulls something magical out this is looking pretty dire

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Chambers is tough as gently caress.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
You can go for submission too Paige

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Joe is already making an excuse for Joanna vs Van Zant

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Chambers gonna get some fluke rear end back take and win by rnc.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

1st AD posted:

They really need to bring Van Zant along a lot slower. I couldn't imagine her beating Rose, much less Gadelha or Joanna.

How much slower is it supposed to be? She went from fighting a ranked opponent to an unranked one.

I also think you guys are being ridiculously critical on her. She's 21 and it's her 7th pro fight. I think she's fighting pretty well considering that and no this isn't a Clay Guida performance.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
It'll be interesting to see if tomato can will be able to rally in the third

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bubba Smith posted:

How much slower is it supposed to be? She went from fighting a ranked opponent to an unranked one.

I also think you guys are being ridiculously critical on her. She's 21 and it's her 7th pro fight. I think she's fighting pretty well considering that and no this isn't a Clay Guida performance.

yeah she's putting a whooping on this girl

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

no this isn't a Clay Guida performance.

She burped in the corner, that was the guida reference

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chambers looked really sad there while putting in her mouth piece.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Fifthace posted:

I always feel like the lower weight classes should use more elbows. Like if you're probably not gonna knock someone out then might as well cut them up a bunch

I agree. The 0roblem is, it's really hard to train elbows from what I hear (not many training partners are willing,oddly enough)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't know but at her current trajectory she's gonna be fighting for a title in 2016 and that's gonna be real bad for her.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
lol at Joe repeatedly talking about how much better jedrzejczyk is than the two people in this fight

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Vitamin Boss posted:

You can go for submission too Paige

See?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Rousey like INDEED GOLDIE!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I don't know anything about PVZ before tonight but I like her style. Just keep throwing.

edit - dat finish

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

henkman posted:

She burped in the corner, that was the guida reference

Oh my bad, I didn't see/hear that. I thought they were ragging on it being a slow fight or something.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:(

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Fifthace posted:

lol at Joe repeatedly talking about how much better jedrzejczyk is than the two people in this fight

I mean, he's right

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
A respectful round of applause for tomato can please, good effort

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
slick

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Mechafunkzilla posted:

A respectful round of applause for tomato can please, good effort

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I was really impressed with Chambers' ability to not throw up when she was getting kneed.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

She calls that the PTO.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That was a sweet armbar transition

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

I don't know but at her current trajectory she's gonna be fighting for a title in 2016 and that's gonna be real bad for her.

Tons of people lose their first title fights to later win it. PVZ getting beat up by Joanna at the age of 22 won't mean she'll forever suck.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sad sack Daniel Cormier promo.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Was that a pity promo to get people to stop calling him a paper/interim champion or something?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
after paige's first fight I was touting her as the future champion, because the ultimate fighter was happening and carla esparza was the top of the heap. It was like rose vs carla when paige had fought so I was saying carla was keeping the belt warm for paige. Too bad Joanna showed up and has smoked every 115er out there and continues to be a destructive force. I wish Paige the best of luck and just because I consider her my favorite straw weight fighter I don't know if I would bet on her vs JOanna.

I can see her beating most of the 115ers and she would have a hell of a fight with Rose.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

squarerandom posted:

Was that a pity promo to get people to stop calling him a paper/interim champion or something?

Didn't work for me.

loving crybaby. (I'm kidding).

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This fight seems like it should be on the pre lims.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Houston Alexander AND Sokoudju? holy moly

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Le Saboteur posted:

This fight seems like it should be on the pre lims.

It was I think, but then Henry Cejudo didn't want to fight Josepeh Benavidez so they moved those two guys off the card.

And yeah this is the only fight I'm worried about being lovely on this card. Hopefully it surprises us, otherwise they should just show footage backstage of Rumble eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
I don't know who either of these dudes are aside from recognizing the Beastin 25/8 nickname

• Locked thread