Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

From the sidelines I dunno, they didn't say the price of gmops was going to change or the stronghold ad sinks, coal wards and so on and so on. The speed at which you can catch up to bis slot players seems really important to me for new players. Like having progression is important in an mmo, I get that but it should also be actually viable for people to get to bis by playing consistently. Anyone who takes the time to think about realistically how long it would take to get there would have to shake their heads I think. Looking at the description of the changes all I see is that speed getting even slower. Its pretty much why I'm done.

I wouldn't be too negative though. The game will go on just fine. When they release a new lockbox I bet the 420weedDrizzts won something announcements will be as frequent as ever. And it might not mean a whole lot to anyone who likes doing regular pve content. I understand they made everything substantially easier post mod 6. Its only really poison to people who like gearing up and maximising their toons or who want to participate in pvp without the high probability that they'll get smashed to pieces by some guy with 3x their gearscore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I don't really see them making the game more open to people who won't pay to win, since mod 1 they just pushed the game further and further away from where you could thrive as a freetoplayer every single mod. It would be such a gigantic u-turn I just don't see it. I wouldn't sugar coat beta to mod 1 as a perfectly balanced wonderland , like it was always kind of hosed up because of how expensive enchants were and are but it mattered less then.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

He's explaining how brutally they hosed up the endgame. I understand you're leveling so its not really a problem yet. When you're loving around at 70 trying to find ways to up your power it will start to make a lot more sense.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If I recall he's not an antagonist per say more of a friend to antagonists who isn't especially invested in their winning or losing. Sort of like a quasi evil Hans Solo who's around for fun and profit more than anything else.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'll just put this out there a rank 12 enchantment has 100% of the stats available to you for that slot. A rank 12 has 700 points of whatever, lets say its power. A rank 7 has 230 points of lets say power. That' 230/700 or 32% of what you can do with that slot and the typical level for most peeps. How about rank 10 that's 430 of power or 430/700 or 61% of the stats available to you. Most people will never ever hit rank 10. When dungeons were genuinely rewarding I made rank 9s and figured I couldn't go forward,. There was only a super marginal difference between me and a dude with 10s. Right now thats not true. 40% of the available stats are between ranks 10 and 12. You repeat that stat across 10 or so slots of available to to you it won't be pretty, even less so when you think about the difference between a teal artifact and an epic one. Like what the gently caress. I've loved neverwinter more than most but what the gently caress?

I left my stuff in the bank some time ago, a bunch of rank 12 enchants. I know whoever saw them remembered but I hope they got handed out fairly.

To be relevant a rank 7 used to have like 60% to 70% of the stats availible

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 15, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Glazius posted:

A fully leveled blue companion is pretty good even in tier 6 dice game dungeons; the only thing purple and orange companions do is upgrade your base 6 dice. So if you've got alts and you want to, save up for the class packs.

So here's a question - as a greatweapon fighter, I'm pretty much a damage hose, with buffs and debuffs that affect only me and my attacks. What can I do for the team as a whole? Daring Shout and IBS will stick combat advantage on a bunch of things with marks - any feats worth taking or powers/features I overlooked? I went weaponmaster.

hidden daggers, it stacks

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I think you have to log in and out of the game if you're in game just hanging around

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

I figured out the issues I was having with arc, my account was on probation because of using steam wallet so it canceled it. kinda wish I had known about this before doing it. Oh well I got what i was looking for and I wont be spending anymore money anytime soon so I guess it doesn't really matter (besides the fact that all my items are now account bound and I can't use the ad/zen exchange)

If you wait a day or so the probation period wears off and you can get unbound stuff. Yeah though its stupid and its only there to put people off letting steam cut a cut of the money.

I again sincerely recommend none of you buy lockbox keys with real money. Your odds of getting the good stuff is really, really low and the only reason you see the pop ups for winners regularly is a lot of people are making very poor decisions. If you feel like you want to throw them 10-50 bucks because you've been playing their game buy stuff that costs that much. Gambling will only buy you disappointment and trying to buy power will still likely set you back thousands.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 25, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

always be closing posted:

Any resources or build guides for the Xbox version? My brother wants me to play this with him, but said that I should follow a guide to build a character, so I don't gently caress it up.

Usually people use the builds on the official forums http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/class-forums-xbox-one

Check the date the op was modified to make sure you aren't using last mods fotm. Don't check the pc builds, the game is notoriously buggy and what worked for some classes on pc was broken for classes on xbone

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Maybe it doesn't anymore but the daggers used to stack, so people threw them all before hold m1. With 4 pips I think just 1 dagger gave you 40%. So it worked out to 120% or something in practice. Naturally it was multiplicative with the destroyer capstone.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

40% of the stats you can possibly get from enchants are in the last 2 ranks. You can't realistically get the top end enchants by playing the game. But you can buy zen to buy ad to get them from the market. When you fight someone with 40% more stats than you transcendent weapon and armour enchants you will know all about it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The interesting thing about having to stop to attack or do most things is you have to make a choice about best place to do whatever it is and the choice is obviously going to be about where it is most effective and how much danger you're in from red zones/where the mobs/boss are in their attack animations and how much you trust the other people in group to be effective (and how much you think the server is going to gently caress you). Running around and going through your rotation seems like there's less depth because you just aren't making that choice. Not saying that gw 2 is shallow because I'm sure there are meaningful choices or that timing doesn't matter in it because obviously every mmo has cooldowns on abilities but the upfront choice between fight or flight was one of the better things about Neverwinter when I was playing

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 7, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

OxMan posted:

Can you give guild leadership to anyone after you make a guild? Id make the PS4 one but I don't have guild leader time past that.

You could on pc but you are exploring a giant heap of poo poo which even its developers do not know the laws of. Tread carefully and don't spend stupidly.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

you could always just copy and paste the op and then modify it as you go

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

ParsleyTroll posted:

I'll try to get aquainted with the stronghold system as soon as possible.. :)

Good luck with that, hopefully it doesn't impact too much on you or anyone else

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You could just trade on a person to give them gold on pc. AD was a bit more challenging but pick a random low ad value and get the person you want to give ad to put it up for sale for the amount of ad you want to give them then buy that poo poo.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Gawrz posted:

Well, I could. But I'm also dumb, to be fair. If I opened 100 boxes, I could get like loads of fairly expensive items and profit massively, even if i just pull "average" stuff from every box

That's not how gamble boxes work in any game. At best its like 1/1000 you get something valuable and 999/1000 you get something worth a tiny, tiny fraction of what you put in. So its always cheaper to just buy what you want. Unless you enjoy the experience of gambling and that's what you are paying for. If that's the case there are games with much better odds you can play.

Buying stuff is expensive but that's just how cryptic choose to monetize.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

Gateway is getting shut down permanently.

Finally I can uninstall this poo poo game.

lol

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

When I played the game I remember that was largely because winning fights was mostly about how much gear you have and to a more minor extent what class you were and then to a tiny extent the amount of skill and effort you put into it. Its totally irrational to keep fighting someone who has bigger numbers than you do because you're just prolonging the rear end kicking you are getting.

I doubt that's changed much and its no wonder people get pissed off with it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You tend to have more people around when new content releases. Its pretty dull once everyone has their boons and new gear. I understand a lot of people got more unhappy with changes cryptic made to the economy and crafting.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Pooncha posted:

Sure, I can bump the guild off tonight. Nevermind, seems it needs at least 1 more leader vote for the other guild to leave the alliance and I doubt the other players play anymore. You can wait to see if the guild leaves on its own or get a leader of yours to kick it off.

e: Nitty gritty on the new BiS artifact weapons.

tl;dr beyond getting the base items it's horrible poo poo so don't try to poopsock your way through it if you value your remaining shred of humanity. Getting the components needs masterwork in either Artificing or Weaponsmithing and is mostly RNG-based and you need a lot of them. Hopefully they'll reduce the grind later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Fishing is pretty nice to do in spurts and you can go boat drifting if you're bored (it sails towards where the camera is facing).

If its a big deal I can download the game and vote on it assuming I wasn't demoted.

The grind only ever got exponentially worse so I wouldn't like hold out any hopes for that and they're only going to push the goalposts like continent further away anyhow

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well if you actually tried to grind that poo poo out its probably impossible. At least the high rank enchants mostly keep their value for mods in a row. They're ludicrously expensive but they aren't artifact gear obnoxious. Oh you leveled your's well here comes a marginally better version that you can only use on 1 character and we know for a fact you're going to swap to it or lol we decided to gimp this set/active because it was popular, gently caress you.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Thought this might amuse anyone who still remembers the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323027

Da law in china is forcing loot box games to publish the drop rates on the box contents. So from May for neverwinter you can know what your odds of getting whatever currently op bullshit is from a box. I wonder if people will have the rational response of I'm not paying for a near absolute zero chance or if they'll just keep buying. You know assuming it all goes as described.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Being quite frank any game that you can pay for power in is hosed. Its done but no one knows it yet or its still such a soft difference between playing for it and paying for it that people haven't caught on yet or are insanely invested in denying it. Or its straight done and you only have a whale population hanging around in the pathetic hope that the minnows will show up.

In pc neverwinter it went from money doesn't matter that much to money is the only thing that matters. I dunno good luck on console but I don't believe that you will have

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I haven't played the game in a long old while because i quit it and the old regulars aren't posting either. So like at this point I expect all anyone can say is good luck, have fun. But like maybe invest your time in a game with an endgame that's less about abusing you or get to max level with whatever tickles your fancy and then leave spending nothing.

Offhand paladin on being tanky while casting

• Locked thread