Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
That ambition will be underlined at an Apple event in San Francisco on Wednesday, when the company plans to unveil an upgraded Apple TV, a device similar to a set-top box that brings video and music from the Internet to a television, according to people briefed on the product.

The upgrade, the first in three years, will expand Apple TV’s uses in gaming, including a redesigned remote control with a touch pad that can double as a game controller, said the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Importantly, the new device will include support for apps and games made by independent software developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
cool another apple thread

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
the megacorp is my friend

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i will do, my friend

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Is apple making a car yet?

Cuz they been taking chumps for a ride since the 90s!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple is now fully adopting nintendo's business strategy

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
can't wait to play falppy bird on my 4k tv
thanks tim
thim

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Real-Time Motion Capture Firm Faceshit May Have Been Acquired by Apple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfAmNDNgHk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh when people can design they own avatars.. drat you know people in the future will cease feeling attraction to regular humans and will need oculous rift just to have sex

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

echinopsis posted:

ugh when people can design they own avatars.. drat you know people in the future will cease feeling attraction to regular humans and will need oculous rift just to have sex

if u think this hasn't happened then guess what ur over 19 grandpa . tumblr sex feels better than anything in meatspace

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
too many cooks

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

apple is now fully adopting nintendo's business strategy

bet nintendo wishes they could adopt apple's sales numbers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

if u think this hasn't happened then guess what ur over 19 grandpa . tumblr sex feels better than anything in meatspace

tumblr sex :chloe:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

bet nintendo wishes they could adopt apple's sales numbers

why?

it's unsustainable and nintendo is about long term quality and profitability

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

why?

it's unsustainable and nintendo is about long term quality and profitability

you're right I'm sure Nintendo would just hate to have products that sell as well as apple's.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Nintendo is about quality

*releases wii u featuring lovely touch pad gimmick controller*

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

you're right I'm sure Nintendo would just hate to have products that sell as well as apple's.

they'd also hate to have products that would sell as poorly as some of apple's, including the ipad line which is in freefall

one of the lessons that pre-tim apple learned was to have a small lineup of excellent products

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
apple should buy nintendo and sony imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

an apple tv and ios pokemon red/blue with online play is a money printing fortress

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pokemon wouldn't translate well to ios since it's a game and not an app

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

your thoughts don't translate well to posts but somehow things just happen

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

they'd also hate to have products that would sell as poorly as some of apple's, including the ipad line which is in freefall

one of the lessons that pre-tim apple learned was to have a small lineup of excellent products

lol Nintendo execs would sacrifice their family if they could have one quarter of iPad sales numbers for the wii u yearly sales numbers. wii u is a certified bomb because they thought chasing a gimmick would pay off again. luckily their desperate price drop and lack of competition saved the 3ds from their foolish move of chasing the 3d gimmick.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

pokemon wouldn't translate well to ios since it's a game and not an app

Mario and friends will be getting pimped out on the App Store soon enough.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what's next in today's edition of apple repeats the failures of the 90s?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

lol Nintendo execs would sacrifice their family if they could have one quarter of iPad sales numbers for the wii u yearly sales numbers. wii u is a certified bomb because they thought chasing a gimmick would pay off again. luckily their desperate price drop and lack of competition saved the 3ds from their foolish move of chasing the 3d gimmick.

none of this is true, but sorry you're mad about it i guess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao stymie how have you managed to be so wrong but also so high profile sub-forum wide. must be all the labour that you do

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stymie is also the 23rd most ignored user on the forums

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy fuckin lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
he even beat three olives which is pretty incredible imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
damnson can all of us look here? someone write a thing that compares tyospos regulars against the list and ranks us. drat. we should all put in and award prizes. ill put in $10 nzd drat if someone else organises it (coz i dont have skills and i know some of you have nothign better to do)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pram posted:

he even beat three olives which is pretty incredible imo

lol fishmech and Nintendo Kid are in there

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Stymie posted:

lol if u think that nintendo would not like to have the amount of money / sales of apple

just lolololol you are loving dubm

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
mods please probate all of these idiots for quoting stymie, responding to stymie, and generally getting trolled hard by stymie.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Actually, stymie is good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

also probate people for using the ignore list

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

lol everything I posted is a fact just give it up

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

eric posted:

lol everything I posted is a fact just give it up

do you not understand how trolling works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The Management posted:

mods please probate all of these idiots for quoting stymie, responding to stymie, and generally getting trolled hard by stymie.

• Locked thread