Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

The fifth instalment of the Persona series is scheduled to be released in late 2015 – early to mid 2016 (depending on where you live). Since I’m a big fan of the series (and Atlus games in general) I’d like to revisit some of the older titles to get hyped up for the upcoming game.
Since pretty much everybody knows Persona 3 and 4 let’s go back even further. Hence, we're going to play Persona 2: Innocent Sin.
This LP is going to feature the PSP version of the game.

quote:

The remake has an extended port with an updated user interface, new character portraits designed by Shigenori Soejima and heavily improved controls, but keeps most of the game's original gameplay systems. The battle system, however, is overhauled and based on the one used by the game's sequel, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, but adds adjustable difficulties and battle cut-in portraits like in Persona 3 and Persona 4. The remake also includes the whole new Sumaru Climax Theatre, which features sidestories written by various other authors from Atlus. The stories are like quests and in the end, players will have to face a boss. Additionally, players can make their own quests in the Japanese version of the game (the feature was omitted from the English release).

In addition, players can select whether they want to hear the old soundtrack of the original game or listen to about 100 new arrangements of the original soundtrack by Shoji Meguro, the game's director and composer. The arrangements make use of guitar sounds, J-Pop, and other modern music genres. The voices have been remastered for the Japanese version, but Atlus did not re-record anything due to some of the original voice actors having retired.

There is an all-new opening movie created by Satelight, with music by Lotus Juice. Lovers of the game's first incarnation will notice that the original opening is included, too.

What can we expect from this game?
In order for you to get the most out of this LP there’s a couple of things you need to realize before you read any further let alone watch any of the episodes:

This game is not Persona 3 or 4!!!!
If you came here and expected another social life simulator with some battles sprinkled into it you’re at the wrong place. The Persona series was drastically changed with Persona 3. A ton of features that are now considered to be staple features of the series didn’t exist at that time.
Persona 2 is much more a Shin Megami Tensei game than a Persona game. Similar to the SMT series, the story is quite complicated and pretty insane. That said it’s not as dark and there’s a lot of light-hearted moments in between the crucial plot points to lighten up the mood every now and then.

If you’re a fan of the SMT series you’ll have a great time.
If you never experienced any SMT games this is actually a pretty good entry point into a series of crazy and awesome games.
If you’re a fan of the newer Persona titles, you’ll find another group of likeable characters that experience a lot of development through the course of the main story. However, don’t expect a focus on social interaction and “making friends” the way you do in the newer games.

About the LP
As usual we’re going to enjoy the game in its entire glory. That said I’m not going to 100% complete the game, since there’s a lot of extra content that can be unlocked by repeating a handful of tedious tasks over and over and over again. (Screw you demon rumours!)
So instead of repeating some boring action a couple hundred times we’ll be focusing more on the fun parts of this game such as side missions, optional bosses and all that good stuff. That said we won’t completely skip the demon rumours, since we need them for the legendary weapons.
I’m also not planning on going collecting all the pokem …. I mean Personas, since there’s no such thing as a compendium which makes collecting them quite tedious. (Plus getting the fool Arcana is super RNG dependant and so far I never got a single one of those:cry:)

Spoiler Policy
As far as Innocent Sin itself goes I’d prefer no story spoilers whatsoever since the story is the big focus of this game.
Talking about Eternal Punishment is fine but please try to refrain from any major spoilers since other people *cough*me*cough* might want to play that game in the future.

Episodes
New Opening
Episode 1: Rumours Are Truth
Episode 2: Beginning of the End
Episode 3: Japanese Toilet Ghost Stories
Episode 4: Teamwork
Episode 5: Disco Time
Episode 6: Bomb Shelter
Episode 7: Masked Circle
Episode 8: Video Shot
Episode 9: Ginko's Fame
Episode 10: Explosive Debut
Episode 11: Smile
Episode 12: The Devil and The Cosplayer
Episode 13: Burning Up
Episode 14: Heroic Escape
Episode 15: Founding The Masked Cirlce
Episode 16: What?!
Episode 17: It's Raining Nazis
Episode 18: Reach For The Stars
Episode 19: The Real Evil
Episode 20: Aquarius Temple
Episode 21: Love Kickstarts Again
Episode 22: What is Love?
Episode 23: Haunting Past
Episode 24: Fathers
Episode 25: Becoming Legendary!
Episode 26: Beat Your Parents Up!

Synopsis of the first Persona game:

MonsieurChoc posted:

You guys are more-or-less right. The reason the Snow Queen quest was dropped from the american is more likely time constraints than a single boss fight (there's just as bad in the main quest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5AI70jNgo

Megami Ibunroku Persona came out in 1996 on the Playstation 1. A spin-off of the long-lasting Shin Megami Tensei series aimed at teenagers (hence the High School setting), it was fairly popular when it came out. The gameplay was a simplified version of the SMT gameplay, although by now it has aged a lot and feels very clunky. It still has first-person dungeons, phases of the moon changing how the monsters react and what's available in the shops and requires lots of grinding. The PSP remake, unfortunately, doesn't really change that gameplay, it jsut puts a fresh new coat of paint on it. If you want to experience the story without the gameplay, there's the Drama CD or the manga adaptation, both fairly good and fan-translated.

Anyway, the story takes place in the fictional city of Mikage, which kind fo feels like a rusting industrial town. The game starts with the MC and his friends play a game known as Persona, kind of like calling Bloody mary, and are mysteriously struck by lightning and meet Philemon in their dreams. After waking up, their teacher (Miss Saeko) sends them to the hospital to get checked. They decide to use this as a chance to visit their friend Maki Sonomura, who's sick. She gets attack, and while Maki is in the ICU everything goes wrong and demons invade the city. Their Persona awakens and they try to find out what's going on. The bad guys in the game turns out to be a rich rear end in a top hat by the name fo Takahisa Kandori, an ambitious and ruthless man who wants to use the occult to gain greater power. Eventually, after much twists and turns and a trip to an alternate universe, the heroes defeat Kandori and his persona Nyarlathotep (like the Lovecraft dude) and learn what's up with their friend Maki. After graduation they all go their separate ways in life.

The Snow Queen quest is an alternate storyline that can be activated early on by unsealing a creepy mask that had been hidden in the school. The Mask then posesses your teacher and freezes the entire school, planning to turn the entire world into an eternal night (P3 style). To defeat her, you have to complete three Towers full of bullshit that make it seem as if the game designed by fuckign Cavia, and if you want to unlock all the Final Personas you need to comple them in reverser order from hardest to easiest (I still can't believe I pulled that off once). It should be noted that Yukki joins the party only in the Snow Queen quest, as in the normal story she stays behind to protect the school.

Awesome stuff:

SSNeoman posted:

Goddamn lotsa good material here:

"Hell of a post, private"
"*whirrrrr*"

"When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled"

EDIT: Got them both under 100 kb

Apepresident fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Protagonists and their starting Personas

Tatsuya Suo

This handsome fellow is our silent main protagonist.
His supportive Persona is Vulcanus, the roman god of fire, volcanoes (d'uh), forge and metalworking.

Lisa "Ginko" Silverman

Student in class 2-C. Native Caucasian who's fluent in Japanese and loves kung fu. Self-proclaimed hottest girl in school.
Her persona is Eros, son of the greek god Aphrodite and he's somewhat important for love ... I guess ?
(It's actually a bit more complicated so you might want to google him if you want to know more I'm not going into any more details over here)

Eikichi "Michel" Mishina

A 2nd year at Kasugayama High who has it in for Tatsuya. A narcissistic gang boss as well as lead vocalist in his band.
His Persona is Rhadamntys, a greek king (the son of Zeus and Europa) who later turned into the judge of the dead

Maya Amano

A beautiful and cheerful journalist. She's gathering rumors from students to compile into a special report.
This lovely lady is supported by Maia, one of the Pleiades and the mother of Hermes.

Yukino Mayuzumi

Maya's partner and (apprentice) shooter. She does part-time work to pay her way through photography school.
Yukino's Persona is Vesta, the roman virgin goddess of hearth, home and family.

Jun Kurosu

Tatsuya's best friend who swore 10 years ago to protect Maya.
She described them (Tatsuya and Jun) as being like light and Shadow

Jun starts off with Hermes, the greek god of transitions and boundaries. He's also the son of Zeus and the Pleiad Maia.

Apepresident fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 12, 2015

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I really liked the remake, but I felt like they made a lot of the bosses way too easy in comparison to the PSX version.

Also, I love the OG Persona series and I've always hoped some of the cast from 1 and 2 would return in the later ones (Kei :kiddo:)

Looking forward to this!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The only spoiler I will post about EP is that it's good and you should play it. It's a shamr we didn't get it's psp remake.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There are people working on a fantranslation for EP remake. Dunno how far they are, but it's been going on and off for at least a year now, so don't give up yet. Remember: let's positive thinking!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

For those who haven't played the first game, there's already been a few characters from Persona 1 in the first update.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Over/Under on how many updates this one'll last? (I'm not dissing you, OP, the LPs of the first two Persona games are just cursed).

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There are people working on a fantranslation for EP remake. Dunno how far they are, but it's been going on and off for at least a year now, so don't give up yet. Remember: let's positive thinking!

From what I've heard the main story itself is already finished. They're now working on the menus, stats (probably also demon dialogue etc.)
Hence the big hope that it'll be finished before P5 hits the market.

Aumanor posted:

Over/Under on how many updates this one'll last? (I'm not dissing you, OP, the LPs of the first two Persona games are just cursed).

Guessing around 50 updates or so should cover everything I've planned to do. Not 100% sure though, since for the LP I'll have to do a bit more exploration than I usually do while playing this game.

Judging by your question it seems like everyone who tried to LP any of the older games stopped midway through.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The only spoiler I will post about EP is that it's good and you should play it. It's a shamr we didn't get it's psp remake.
I'll probably wait for the PSP remake since the added contentseems like a bit deal.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember watching a walkthrough of this game years ago (the PS version with translation) and liking this game's story and characters, but hating the gameplay. I wonder if my feelings for it will be the same when I watch it again.

And believe me, you do NOT want any spoilers about Eternal Punishment. None at all. I mean it's a direct sequel continuation of this game, much like Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 5, 2015

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Oh man, Persona 2! I played it and really liked story and characters, if only the game was, like, playable!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Good luck!

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I've (somehow) never played or watched a persona game before despite hearing about them a whole bunch. This seems as good a place to start as any, looking forward to it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Powerfrog posted:

I've (somehow) never played or watched a persona game before despite hearing about them a whole bunch. This seems as good a place to start as any, looking forward to it.

Keep in mind the newer Persona games are way different than the older Persona games. While I personally think they're an improvement (I said it :colbert:) it's a point of contention among the fanbase. Particularly the dating sim aspects of them.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Yeesss. I absolutely love Persona 2. The janky battle system always got a pass from me on the basis that the game is so easy to break.

Also, you better go to every store/bar after any story event to get new dialogue from your party members :colbert:

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

SSNeoman posted:

I said it

Well it's true. P1 and P2 aged HORRIBLY, they're almost unplayable unless you're specifically into that stuff. Sure the plot is superior, but they aren't books where plot is all that matters

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dasmause posted:

Well it's true. P1 and P2 aged HORRIBLY, they're almost unplayable unless you're specifically into that stuff. Sure the plot is superior, but they aren't books where plot is all that matters

I think you're exagerating a bit? I mean, P1 is very old school, but P2 is very playable. It's got a too big encounter rate, which is a problem that can still be found today. It demands a bit too much grinding sometimes, especially in EP, which si also a problem that can be foudn in modern games. It's alright.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

P1 has aged badly due to stuff like the fact that whoever does the most in battle gets the lion's share of experience (though that was always a bad mechanic). It usually results in one character being several levels ahead and one character being several levels behind. P2 IS & EP have aged fine though. Perhaps if you gave us some examples beyond 'they're old, so they're bad unless you like that sort of thing', we'd see what you mean.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

What I'm talking about is that the battles aren't great. They boil down to "find the combo spell that works, now spam it". Combo spells have short cutscenes during them, but if they're the only thing you ever use (and they are), it can get old really fast, and thanks to the encounter rate it probably will. Especially since not even bosses are too challenging and you can outheal them with simple Media. That's why I don't like gameplay too much. Maybe I am exaggerating a bit

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!

Now that the main premise of the story has been established it's time to get into some actual gameplay.
Since the "Rumours are Truth" thing is now active, it's time to use that to our advantage. The entire rumour mechanic gets a bit more complex later one, however it's always used to unlock some new content ranging from additional weapons in the shop all the way to secret abilities and extra bosses.
Battling and talking to demons is also a thing in this game. Especially contacting the demons is unnecessarily complex with way too many possible actions to choose from and it'll only get more convoluted as the game progresses.
In this episode we were only able to cover the basics of those 3 main mechanics. There's still a lot more useful details that we haven't even touched yet but these basics should actually be enough for the first few battles.

dasmause posted:

What I'm talking about is that the battles aren't great. They boil down to "find the combo spell that works, now spam it". Combo spells have short cutscenes during them, but if they're the only thing you ever use (and they are), it can get old really fast, and thanks to the encounter rate it probably will. Especially since not even bosses are too challenging and you can outheal them with simple Media. That's why I don't like gameplay too much. Maybe I am exaggerating a bit
In all honesty, later in Persona 4 the battles (atleast the boss battles) also tend to devolve into "buff MC -> power charge -> Hassuo Tobi -> repeat". Now that I think about it, I think most SMT games have that one late game spam that's pretty much the best you can do.
However, I do see your point and I have to admit: the fights against your normal shadows in later titles are much more engaging (and also challenging) than most of the random encounters in this game and that's simply due to elemtal weaknesses being much more important than in this game.

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Also, you better go to every store/bar after any story event to get new dialogue from your party members :colbert:
Don't think that all dialogue is going to change each time, but sure I'll check out as much as possible.

SSNeoman posted:

Keep in mind the newer Persona games are way different than the older Persona games. While I personally think they're an improvement (I said it :colbert:) it's a point of contention among the fanbase. Particularly the dating sim aspects of them.
Gameplay wise the series got better and better each game (in my opinion). While I would've enjoyed some features of the old games to make an appearance (such as messing around with the turn order, fusion spells and allocating stats points) the simplified press-turn combat is an awesome addition and the social sim gameplay is actually pretty immersive and well done.

That said I play Persona games mostly for the characters. While the gameplay is good, the battles don't come close to say Nocturne or DDS (Plus I enjoy their story more than Persona's for the most part)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Alright, so get Tarot Cards->Go to Velvet Room->Turn cards into Persona->Rank them up to take on tougher demons and get better cards

Apepresident posted:

In all honesty, later in Persona 4 the battles (atleast the boss battles) also tend to devolve into "buff MC -> power charge -> Hassuo Tobi -> repeat". Now that I think about it, I think most SMT games have that one late game spam that's pretty much the best you can do.
However, I do see your point and I have to admit: the fights against your normal shadows in later titles are much more engaging (and also challenging) than most of the random encounters in this game and that's simply due to elemtal weaknesses being much more important than in this game.

Not helping matters was that P4's bosses were way more boring than P3's. I guess it's a personal thing, some people hated the Fortune fight because of the spinner having the potential to gently caress up your party. I loved it because the spinner made the boss unique and did something original (you can even instant kill the boss with its own move if you had Thanatos). I hope they take some inspiration from P3 bosses for P5.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Apepresident posted:

Don't think that all dialogue is going to change each time, but sure I'll check out as much as possible.

It does. It's crazy! But every plot point or so, all the NPC dialogues will change and your party members will all have different dialogue in every shop and area too. I almost went crazy chasing them all,e specially since it's not quite every plot point that the dialogues changes: sometimes it takes two or three.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Unless I'm mistaken, Tamaki is the main character of Shin Megami Tensei: if..., the prototype of the Persona series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Cameos so far:
- Principal Hanya is the Vice-Principal in Persona 1
- The homeroom teacher is the homeroom teacher from Persona 1
- Tadashi is a classmate from Persona 1, and a cameo from the storywriter Satomi Tadashi.
- Tamaki is another classmate from Persona 1, the heroine of Shin Megami Tensei If... and Satomi Tadashi's waifu.
- The Kuzunoha Detective Agency is a reference to Kyouji Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers (The Raidou games had not come out yet). It's hinted the chief is being possessed by Kyouji's ghost.

I think that's it so far.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the Velvet Room crew. Philemon, Igor, Nameless and Belladonna all showed up in persona 1. The Demon Painter is new, and is a cameo from character and demon designer Kazuma Kaneko.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 7, 2015

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I like the designs of the personae in this game, like Eikichi's with the motorcycle handles.

I don't suppose anyone could pull up some nice pictures so we can see just how strange/interesting they are? (I'm bad at linking pics)

e: Also the music in this game is really nice!

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 7, 2015

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Koorisch posted:

I like the designs of the personae in this game, like Eikichi's with the motorcycle handles.

I don't suppose anyone could pull up some nice pictures so we can see just how strange/interesting they are? (I'm bad at linking pics)

e: Also the music in this game is really nice!

Sure

This is Vulcanus, Tatsuya's persona

Eros, Lisa's persona

And Rhadamanthus, Michel's persona

I believe most of designs in this game are by Kazuma Kaneko, he has lots of crazy poo poo like this

dasmause fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 7, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Nameless and Belladonna are totally there in Persona 3 and 4, but since it's forced perspective when you're there you just don't notice them hanging out offscreen.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Now that the most important tutorials are out of the way it's time to put all that knowledge to good use.
Besides finishing the dungeon itself (which also leads to us getting some new party members) there's a lot of battling we need to do. Ranking up all the personas to rank 8 (the highest rank possible) takes quite a while but it is super helpful and we're going to need all those extra abilities some time soon for some new fusion spells.

Speaking of fusion spells, there's a ton to unlock right now. It's kinda hard to guess which combinations work and which don't so having a guide at the ready is pretty helpful.
And then there's also Rumor Demons (yeah, Maya was actually right about that one). I like to think of them as side bosses, they're optional but killing them is always a good idea since you'll be earning a lot of bonus EXP and money plus some "quest rewards".

Also in case you want to read some more toilet ghost stories: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/04/6_types_of_japanese_ghosts_that_hang_out_in_toilet.php
Oh japan, you and you're crazy toilet ghosts.

Koorisch posted:

I originally planned to add some pictured and descriptions for the second post.
Been working a bit too slow but the characters + starting personas should be here probably tomorrow.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Cameos so far:
- Tadashi is a classmate from Persona 1, and a cameo from the storywriter Satomi Tadashi.
- Tamaki is another classmate from Persona 1, the heroine of Shin Megami Tensei If... and Satomi Tadashi's waifu.
- The Kuzunoha Detective Agency is a reference to Kyouji Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers (The Raidou games had not come out yet). It's hinted the chief is being possessed by Kyouji's ghost.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the Velvet Room crew. Philemon, Igor, Nameless and Belladonna all showed up in persona 1. The Demon Painter is new, and is a cameo from character and demon designer Kazuma Kaneko.
Oh crap! I knew that each persona game had some cameo appearances from the earlier titles, but this game just throws a handful of them at you during the first hours of playing.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

Cameos so far:

You also forgot Yukki, who was a party member in P1

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
No, Maya, I don't think your giant boob hearts are too flashy, don't be silly. That's a very subtle and understated fashion choice.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
Oh man, I love this and Eternal Punishment. I tried LPing the fanslated Innocent Sin once, but life intervened. Glad to see someone else doing it, Persona 2 is probably one of the most-overlooked of the series simply because Innocent Sin never got a translation until recently and parts of Eternal Punishment just don't make sense without it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dasmause posted:

You also forgot Yukki, who was a party member in P1

I didn't forget, I was waiting for after this update!

Edit: Maya has the best theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8Vjer60VE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UUlE-n_AFU

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 10, 2015

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

GirlCalledBob posted:

No, Maya, I don't think your giant boob hearts are too flashy, don't be silly. That's a very subtle and understated fashion choice.

In the sidebooks its revealed that Maya just really doesn't give a poo poo :v: She prides herself on being able to buy an entire outfit for 1yen and will wear whatever her wannabe fashon designer roomie throws at her. Maya is great

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Maya is one of my favorite SMT protagonists despite the boob hearts and the "silent" treatment in the second game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I was so disappointed when the P1 and P2 people didn't show up in the crossover Persona Games. I'd have bought them as overpriced DLC!

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was so disappointed when the P1 and P2 people didn't show up in the crossover Persona Games. I'd have bought them as overpriced DLC!

That's because Persona started at 3

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

What are you talking about? They do appear.

As a couple of alternate color palettes in Arena, that is.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
We spent a little more time inside the first dungeon than I actually expected so it's about time to finally finish off that place so we can actually advance.
The first boss of this game is, as you might expect, now tough in any way shape or form. If you also take the time to max rank all your personas he gets even easier. That's actually a common theme for this game, the difficulty is really low. So unless you're going full retard getting a game over is pretty unlikely.

I'll probably also stick to showing the new shop dialogue at the end of each episode so if you're not interested in them you can skip them all together (though you're missing a LOT of amazing backstory)

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sadly the earlier titles were never really able to attract enough attention to warrant atleast another cameo appearance in the newer games. Even the PSP remade versions weren't able to change all that much about it.
Guess not a lot of people were interested in revisiting the older games in the series. Though I actually can't blame them: The games sure have changed a lot!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maya is one of my favorite SMT protagonists despite the boob hearts and the "silent" treatment in the second game.
Just out of curiosity: Is it ever explained why she's silent all of a sudden in Eternal Punishment?
I guess not but it would be fun to see a game that actually explains why the silent protagonist is silent.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You titled the video as "Valkyria Chronicles 3: Extra Edition".

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The LPs are merging together. We must pray for Nyx to save us from this fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

SSNeoman posted:

I guess it's a personal thing, some people hated the Fortune fight because of the spinner having the potential to gently caress up your party. I loved it because the spinner made the boss unique and did something original (you can even instant kill the boss with its own move if you had Thanatos). I hope they take some inspiration from P3 bosses for P5.

I never understood this gripe because I figured out the timing for the Fortune bosses spinner pretty quick and it basically did nothing to me the rest of the battle...

• Locked thread