Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

beaner69 posted:

Could you hook a brother up with that link? I have no idea where it is or if you can enter it in game. I did sign into the bnid website though.

Oh poop, thanks for the reminder.

I believe it's this link: http://ss.idolmaster.jp/serial_campaign/confer?rnd=286545924

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Wow. I should save up my love gems to do a bulk pull like this. One at a time just seems to posh now.

Never ever solo scout when using love gems. You always get a bonus card for scouting in bulk so 50 gems gets you 11 cards instead of 10. And between events you are guaranteed at least 1 SR with the 10+1 scout. Turning a 9% chance into a 100% chance is pretty good.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
^ Don't forget about the scout coupon when you fill up the scout meter.

graybook posted:

Oh poop, thanks for the reminder.

I believe it's this link: http://ss.idolmaster.jp/serial_campaign/confer?rnd=286545924

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Speaking of which,

graybook posted:

CGSS: I don't think the iOS version is out yet

The iOS version is available here (or search for 'starlight stage' in Japan iTunes). You do need a Japanese iTunes account but there's plenty of tutorials on the internet for that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'll update the OP now, actually. Thanks!

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
In addition to the event running in SIF, there also seems to be something special going on with scouting tomorrow. The text says something to the effect of an SR member or above being guaranteed every time you do an 11 pack.

However, it also says only specific members are available during this period but when I looked at the list it seemed to be the same world-wide list you always scout from, so...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

squidflakes posted:

In addition to the event running in SIF, there also seems to be something special going on with scouting tomorrow. The text says something to the effect of an SR member or above being guaranteed every time you do an 11 pack.

However, it also says only specific members are available during this period but when I looked at the list it seemed to be the same world-wide list you always scout from, so...

I think they're finally applying the same 10+1 pull promo that happens outside of events to the limited scouting boxes that are open during events.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Am I wrong in thinking that there'll eventually be blue scouting ticket options for the limited scouting during events? I had it in my mind that this was in the JP version, but now that I can't find any info on it anywhere I'm not sure why I'm holding on to 15 of them.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Ahh, the limited scouting is for the second years only.

Eh. I hope they do one for the third years.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Ahh, the limited scouting is for the second years only.

Eh. I hope they do one for the third years.

Yeah, it cycles around. Sometimes by year, sometimes my color, sometimes by subgroup, sometimes by when the cards were released. Maybe others.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
i am going use this game and whisky to self-medicate years of untreated depression. will i have to worry about losing progress when i upgrade to an iphone 6s?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Necronomoticon posted:

i am going use this game and whisky to self-medicate years of untreated depression. will i have to worry about losing progress when i upgrade to an iphone 6s?

Make certain to generate and save your transfer code. Other -> Settings -> Issue Passcode, then, once you have your new device, Enter. If you're switching from Android to Apple (or vice-versa, for that matter) you can't have any love gems on your account, so scout them away first (any <5 extra can be used to increase the number of idols you can have). I think you can have them sitting in your inbox, though?

You can issue the code now and it's good for your account for a year, so really, :siren: if the thought of losing your account fills you with dread, make certain to get your transfer code and write it down. :siren:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The above also applies to CGSS except linking your account is good forever, I think.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Have an id for the friend thing recruit... whatever. Or invite me as your friend. Don't matter.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Been playing LLSIP since the US version came out. I'm super jealous of your good draws. The times that I've gone all in with 50 gems have netted me a couple of SRs but mostly just Rares that I already had.

I play on my Nexus 4 so its just two thumbs for me. I tried using multiple fingers but it doesn't flow quite as well. I'm always amazed at the people with tens of thousands of points during the events.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm going to put a little table in the OP of CG:SS/LLSIF (EN) user IDs for folks who want to populate their friendslists with people they marginally know.

Moldy Taxes, I think your LLSIF ID was malformed at 10 digits instead of 9; could I request a repost of that?

Also apparently the new SSR is a Miku so I might as well finally do my premium 10-draw.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
In the CGSS tutorial, I vaguely remember something about a different kind of Star Lesson where you can grind up the lower rarities of a character and buff your SRs with a Rare and a Rare+. Is that a thing, or was I misreading/not paying enough attention?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can use Rares and above (and veteran trainers) to (possibly) improve the level of a character's special skill. This just happens on the regular lesson screen.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

graybook posted:

I'm going to put a little table in the OP of CG:SS/LLSIF (EN) user IDs for folks who want to populate their friendslists with people they marginally know.

Moldy Taxes, I think your LLSIF ID was malformed at 10 digits instead of 9; could I request a repost of that?

Also apparently the new SSR is a Miku so I might as well finally do my premium 10-draw.

:( wanted that cattegirl but got 2 SRs and the rest Rs instead.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

Double tapped a second 4 there. Weird.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

beaner69 posted:

Same result for me. SRs were Anya and Miku though.
An SR cat is fine too.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'd like to do that thing you said.

My LLSIF ID is: 901924162

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

beaner69 posted:

At least you probably got off better than me:

That is too many Jougasakis. I'm pretty happy with the roll overall though, especially getting two SRs who heal. Also the Cutest Idol.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I've done two 10 card draws so far which has given me a total of 3 SRs...
What makes it worse is that all 3 SRs are Miria. Why?????

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

graybook posted:

I doubt anyone here would object to letting your own OP include the SIF IDs from the other thread. Unless iDevice versions of the games can't friend Android versions and vice versa? I haven't confirmed

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
SIF EN (generally a Cool or Pure UR center except during SM events) : 135584207
SIF JP (generally a Cool UR): 148922560
SS (Cute or Passion S): 118424954

If you want to be friends, let me know so that I can make room for you.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If you want to be friends, let me know so that I can make room for you.

All of my cards are still pretty low level, would that be a problem?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

All of my cards are still pretty low level, would that be a problem?

Not at all!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And more OP editing done.

If anyone wants to add me, please send a message in-game so that I know it's not some game-only rando. For reference, I only have a Smile UR for my center. Honoka seems to bless me more than any other girl.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

If you want me in english SIF, just let me know here. I can prune some of the randos.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Did my first 10 pull in CGSS.

1 SSR, 1 SR.

Kikari is my SSR, Kaede is my SR.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

Did my first 10 pull in CGSS.

1 SSR, 1 SR.

Kikari is my SSR, Kaede is my SR.

I'd care more about not pulling an SSR in two 10-pulls if I knew who the characters were. Well, I know Anzu, but I don't know if that makes me want her or to avoid her.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Got bored and thought, why not?

CGSS ID: 368091936

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with doubles of an SR? It seems like a waste to throw her into a star lesson, but I'm not sure what else to do.

EDIT: just to clarify, this is Starlight Stage, not Love Live

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

jellycat posted:

Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with doubles of an SR? It seems like a waste to throw her into a star lesson, but I'm not sure what else to do.

EDIT: just to clarify, this is Starlight Stage, not Love Live

I Star Lessoned my double, because I think there's literally no other use for her.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can simultaneously field a + idol and her non-+ self (though it picks a random different character model) if you think the special effect is worth it. At least, I think so, it works for Normal and Normal+ and the text it pops up seems to say both special effects apply.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I Star Lessoned my double, because I think there's literally no other use for her.

Ahhhh, that's too bad. I guess since you're always swimming in normals and getting them to 5 stars is so easy, it feels like a weirdly trivial way to use SRs to me.

Polsy posted:

You can simultaneously field a + idol and her non-+ self (though it picks a random different character model) if you think the special effect is worth it. At least, I think so, it works for Normal and Normal+ and the text it pops up seems to say both special effects apply.

I got that text when I had them both in the same unit, but I didn't read the part about their effects very closely. It seems to apply to SRs as well, though.

I guess I'll probably hold on to her for a while, then, since I still have plenty of space and the extra star level doesn't seem like that big a deal.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I don't usually read ANN articles, but this article caught my eye.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2015-09-20/.93182
Fess up, which goon is the author?

Excerpts containing facts:

quote:

One of those things was something called The Idolmaster. If you're not really into this stuff, you might know this video game/music/anime franchise as the thing that keeps making Kentarou Miura stop working on his decades-spanning opus Berserk.

quote:

Nico is trash.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

UchihaHirou posted:

I don't usually read ANN articles, but this article caught my eye.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2015-09-20/.93182
Fess up, which goon is the author?

Excerpts containing facts:

No, it's cool, I already beat this guy up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm sure this couple is a pair of great human beings but haha her name is prairie toole