Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This thread was inspired by the legendary Blue Story thread in E/N
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Wherein Blue Story reveals that she can't budget because she neeeeeeds to spend all her money on fast food and star wars toys, then reveals she's an accountant.

I know tons of accountants who are bad with money.

Then again, I know even more psychologists who are harboring deep-seated, untreated mental disorders.

What are some other careers that seem to attract people unable to follow the guidelines they dole out?

Don't say "cops because they break the law when black people are involved." It's true, but we have like 5 threads about that, already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:firstpost:er

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i've never seen unpacked electrical PPE

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
That woman's life is a mess. What was the outcome?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

firefighters advise people not to go into flaming buildings.

then firefighters go into flaming buildings

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

symbolic posted:

firefighters advise people not to go into flaming buildings.

then firefighters go into flaming buildings

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

The Protagonist posted:

i've never seen unpacked electrical PPE

:stare:

Quit working at this place wherever it is

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Nurses lead super unhealthy lifestyles

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Cops.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Never met a doctor with cancer

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

teachers, because it is they who are learning from the kids

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Priests. Duh

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Politicians

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Biologists and medical researchers keep trying to find cures for diseases but keep dying before such cures can be discovered.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
mods

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lowtax is a webmaster who doesn't post

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pro global warming scientists, they are suppose to use science not computer models.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Bill Hicks was never funny!

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Subway Sandwich Artists.

Those fuckers are all on meth.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
strippers are wearing clothes like 99% of the time

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Subway Sandwich Artists.

or heroin

the good ones are on heroin

like the ones who are good at making sandiwches

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Subway Sandwich Artists.

There used to be a Subway here, but it closed down before I got a chance to order from it. I think the problem was, that they didn't have meth.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

mng posted:

There used to be a Subway here, but it closed down before I got a chance to order from it. I think the problem was, that they didn't have meth.

or too much meth

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
PETA employees kill a lot of animals.

they are extremely bad.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

PETA employees kill a lot of animals.

they are extremely bad.

Aren't they honor killings though?

Alastor
Nov 18, 2007
I am the cream filling.
To be fair, an accountant balances checkbooks and accounts. That doesn't mean they're a good money manager or investor. That's a different job. For all we know, the woman in the OP has an account book documenting every penny she's ever made and spent rounded up or down as provisioned in the United States Tax Code. It's not her job to help people MAKE money. It's her job to help them ACCOUNT for money.

Teachers learn from students, but they're also teaching the students. Dentists clean each others' teeth, that doesn't make them failures at what they do.

Priests was a good answer, as they often cannot live up to the expectations they espouse to others.

Psychologists are also a fair answer. We're always worse at solving our own problems than giving good advice to others. "It's hard to see from inside the fishbowl."

The one I offer up is doctors. I have no idea how many unhealthy doctors I've seen. Tebow Christ, there are a lot of them.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
yeah doctors basically had/have to be forced at gunpoint to not be filthy disgusting people

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Subway Sandwich Artists.

or raping children.

eat fresh.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I just ended my first relationship with a doctor and one of the biggest reasons is because I couldn't get over the fact that she was a doctor who willingly drank a MINIMUM of 3 18oz diet mt dew bottles everyday. The final straw was when I took her dog out for a walk in the morning before we got ready for work, at like 7am, and when I got back she was halfway through her first bottle of the day. The other reason I ended it was because in everytime I tried to have a conversation with her about how unhealthy drinking all of that soft drink was, she would come back at me with, "No it's not, I'm a doctor."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

That is really lovely.

:3:

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

PyPy posted:

I just ended my first relationship with a doctor and one of the biggest reasons is because I couldn't get over the fact that she was a doctor who willingly drank a MINIMUM of 3 18oz diet mt dew bottles everyday. The final straw was when I took her dog out for a walk in the morning before we got ready for work, at like 7am, and when I got back she was halfway through her first bottle of the day. The other reason I ended it was because in everytime I tried to have a conversation with her about how unhealthy drinking all of that soft drink was, she would come back at me with, "No it's not, I'm a doctor."

stdh

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

PyPy posted:

lol ur gay

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
trash people, because they smell

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds posted:

This thread was inspired by the legendary Blue Story thread in E/N
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Wherein Blue Story reveals that she can't budget because she neeeeeeds to spend all her money on fast food and star wars toys, then reveals she's an accountant.

that thread is a treat and a half

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

PyPy posted:

That's very Seinfeld

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
I work with accountants, they're stingy, but not really "good with money'. Like they all make tons of money and drive crappy cars but make naive investment decisions.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Drunk Nerds posted:

Then again, I know even more psychologists who are harboring deep-seated, untreated mental disorders.

90% of the problems psychologists have tend to be shared by the types of people who don't visit psychologists. I know a <lot> of psychologists with a <lot> of problems but those problems tend to be more around the type-A, I do too much work, never take any time off, and have a lovely work/life balance which is unhealthy but critically examining the problem might lead you to solutions that might have you do less work, take on fewer responsibilities, and maybe miss out on a career opportunity or, worse, have a client worsen or receive less care because you chose to take time for yourself. The people with "deep-seated untreated mental disorders" tend to get weeded out in the process between finishing undergraduate and being accepted to graduate school.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I know a few auto mechanics who's cars are falling apart. Also, I know a recently retired judge who's also a stage 5 hoarder with other mental issues who's house you can smell from her driveway. It's a bit of a stretch but I find it disturbing that she was in charge of passing judgment on other people for years and years.

Edit: got to agree about shrinks and especially nurses. Most of the ones I've met personally are absolutely insane, for some reason.

SOME PIG fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
School counselor

• Locked thread