Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

JamieTheD posted:

So all I need to do now is Let's Play one of the Virtual Battlespace engine products,
Take Operation Flashpoint and that mission where you're supposed to sneak alone past squads of all-seeing AI. Or OF: Resistance where the first mission is to wait for a regular bus and take it straight to Resistance HQ. Or just any mission since they all seem to have at least a 50% chance of a vital script breaking.

I believe it was Resistance that had a scripted cutscene which got stuck at the highest graphical settings. The optional detailed terrain feature added random bumps to the map, and one of them blocked the line of sight for a sniper who was supposed to take a shot and kill a dude to trigger the rest of the cutscene.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 19, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

Oh hey, the game throws some "variety" at us at last. Too bad it all pretty much sucks.

Episode 3: Handi-Capable

The Search for Spock.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

kjetting posted:

For how bad everything else in the game is, the animation of the main character is pretty fluid. I wonder which game they traced her movements from?
The vertical jump looks pretty bad regardless of its origin.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Pound of Ground looks kinda like Armed & Dangerous but worse in every single way.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Cutscenes or gameplay? Because there's quite a difference there.
Gameplay. A&D is barely mediocre in the walking sections once the novelty of the Land Shark Gun wears off.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Banzai Pecan still seems slightly better than that The Tick game. The pits killing you are an extra nice touch.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

*rap video finishes*
*hero takes out his sword*

Yeah, that was... uh... a thing. The bosses were kinda like the skater mooks in Maken Shao.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Combat Lobster posted:

How about a game where the A.I. is constantly bumping into poo poo including each other? Even better, how about a game where each and every race requires you to drive a lovely rear end tractor over a LOOOOOOOooog stretch of road with no differences in terrain other than the occasional left and right turn?
NASCAR?

Has anyone got Lada Racing Club?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

Do NOT miss this Star Trek update. Even if you've been ignoring the LP up until now. This is absolutely required viewing for this thread.

Episode 7: Fock
Up next...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Major_JF posted:

Drunk whomever's constant laughing exasperated my headache.
I think that's what made YT queue up cat mating.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nidoking posted:

Sometimes, you encounter a game that leaves you wondering whether the people who made it even bothered to play it before foisting it on the world and trying to see how much money they could rake in before word got around that it was a pile of unplayable bytes.

This is Pandora: Purge of Pride, a decent tech demo with the words "tech demo" scratched out in red crayon and "game" written next to it in white to disguise the fact that they forgot to finish making the demo. The following picture is pretty much the best part of the entire game:

The Kerbal Space Program music really sets the mood.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nidoking posted:

I've never played it - are you talking about the music in the actual game or the tune I used for the subtitle frames (which is from Undertale)?
A couple of tracks also used in KSP played in the first and at the beginning of the second video in-game. One was from assembling your rocket and one from orbital view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Physics.

• Locked thread