Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Your advanced scouting is equally terrible so why do you believe either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So what do the people with good advanced see?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

duyarvish posted:

How are the teams left in Clemens?

My old team has good hitting and is perfect for Colorado but the pitching is a bit of a problem. Two seasons removed from a WS appearance though!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

My advanced isn't good, but here's what my intl scouts see:

If he hits those numbers, he'll be not all that different from Edgmer Roque. It's a big if, though, and he's got some STA/DUR work to do to keep from being a pain in the rear end to manage.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I present to you, the season 33 Royal Kilted Yaksmen

Doc Brignac will be promoted after 20 games and will basically be a super utility player. I'm expecting big things from this offense. Hopefully Weinhardt won't be completely snubbed in the MVP race like last season.

This pitching staff is the stuff that legends are made of. I'm obviously not competing this year, otherwise i'd bring up Braulio Canseco. Elrod Biddle will be brought up after 20.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
With Season 33 about 10 minutes away from starting, here's the Gaedels opening day roster:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Looks like almost half the league didn't vote for HOF

Shameful

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

gardenald posted:

Looks like almost half the league didn't vote for HOF

Shameful

No idea why they don't do auto votes for non voters like MVP or just have it be a percent of people who vote. All they have to add is a box to check that you purposely votes for no one.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Looks like we've lost a new player already

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
All aboard the Omar Valdes MVP train

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Somehow I knew I should have gone after Marmol instead. Oh well. Good job, Gaedels.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

Somehow I knew I should have gone after Marmol instead. Oh well. Good job, Gaedels.

Thanks, I've been in on all three of those solid looking IFA pitchers, so it was nice to get one of them. Surprisingly close to his projections for an 18 year old.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Ugh I sat at 11 million on Marmol and now I feel like an idiot

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone have a more realistic projection for the guy I got? My monkey scouts saw 95/100 splits and even though I know that's not right I had to throw money at him. His current ratings are decent for an 18 year old at least.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Norberto Ayala is out for 30+ days. Awesome.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My pitching has given up the least amount of earned runs by far. This is sustainable.

Also Terrence Weinhardt hasn't hit a dinger yet. What a bust. Trade the bum.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was hoping my old-rear end team could be the Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp of Dimaggio, coming back and capturing the spirit of them at peak form. So far it's looking like Salem's the Clerks 2 of Dimaggio.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
when's the "super 2" date for the extra year of arb in this league? 20 games?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's just 6 games, but minor league assignments must be 20+ games to not count as major league service. If you're holding kids to reset their arb clock, that means you can promote them Sunday morning.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
After the games of 9/26 pm1, to normalize across time zones

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Kent Page is hitting .175, and Rodney Frazier is 0 for 17 to start the year. Swell.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Why am I only now noticing the text box headline for arb day is spelled ARBITRATRION

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

IT IS I ARBITRION HEARER OF THE LAMENTATIONS

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.

Power of Pecota posted:

IT IS I ARBITRION HEARER OF THE LAMENTATIONS

fave

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Toby Cox, ladies and gentlemen.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
The Ellis Zornes era of Dumpsters baseball is here. Now he has to wait patiently for the Bob Bolton/Terry Lee era to start if he actually wants to win games.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I hate to be That Guy but Bolton should be among your call-ups. He was basically ML-ready from the day he was drafted and he'd be arguably your best SP out of the gate

+ Plus he's already 23. Might as well let 'er rip

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

No, Bolton should be boltin' to Cleveland in a trade.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
i am not being owned!! i am not being owned!! i say as my alden gragg slowly shrinks to a corncob

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
at least you didn't pick a guy with bad in his name

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Peter loving Ogawa just threw 8 innings of 1 hit 2 walk 0 run ball against me :suicide:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Santo Park is 13 for 87 to start the season, with 25 strikeouts. Oof

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Peter loving Ogawa just threw 8 innings of 1 hit 2 walk 0 run ball against me :suicide:

Just blow it up now. Your team has been hexed.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I've got a player with a 59 baserunning rating that seemingly runs every single time he's on base, is there something I can do to get him to stop?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Not for that guy specifically, no. You can only control aggressiveness on a team level. If you set your entire team to run less, so will that guy.

If you try to set up a running team, you need to make sure all the guys with high speed also have high baserunning. Speed determines how often a player will be aggressive (base stealing, taking an extra base, etc.), and baserunning determines how successful the guy will be when taking these actions.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I like to imagine whenever I see guys with 90 speed and like 30 baserunning that they start their steal attempt by doing a cartwheel or running backward

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Henderson Ross has been on base all of like 10 times and he's attempted to steal more bases then all but one player on my team. There's nothing I could have set that would make him do it?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

duyarvish posted:

Henderson Ross has been on base all of like 10 times and he's attempted to steal more bases then all but one player on my team. There's nothing I could have set that would make him do it?

There is a team steal setting, but individual steal settings do not exist in HBD.

To change team setting is in Managers Office -> Manager Settings -> Edit Manager Settings.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ross won't sustain a .391 OBP, so this problem might resolve itself naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Love my goddamn disaster bullpen

• Locked thread