Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/05/judge-dismisses-white-woman-lawsuit-black-sperm-donation

:cumpolice:

:cumpolice:

quote:

A judge has dismissed a white Ohio woman’s lawsuit accusing an Illinois sperm bank of mistakenly providing sperm from a black donor, resulting in a mixed-race child the mother said she was not culturally prepared to raise.

DuPage County judge Ronald Sutter tossed the lawsuit alleging wrongful birth and breach of warranty on Thursday, the Chicago Tribune reported. But he said Jennifer Cramblett of Uniontown, Ohio, could refile her lawsuit against Midwest Sperm Bank under a negligence claim.

Cramblett became pregnant in December 2011 through artificial insemination using sperm donated by a black man instead of the white donor whom she and her partner selected. When the mistake due to clerical error was discovered, the sperm bank issued an apology and a partial refund.

Cramblett, said she loves her three-year-old daughter. But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.

i for one really feel for her. what will she do when the baby starts listening to rap music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
that child is doomed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cool maybe she can refile and it will take another four years and she can explain to her daughter why she's suing over her being the wrong race

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
This is gonna be a sitcom next year so watch out.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Enfield posted:

that child is doomed

well yeah she's being raised by a lesbian

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"yes dear mommy loves you even though you are a mud person"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enfield posted:

that child is doomed

lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Ohio continues to prove it is the worst state in our union.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
She should've gotten a full refund, imo.

Like, she's a racist and a terrible person and all, but she paid for white cum and the sperm bank hosed up.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
When your were born the heavens cried and the wind wispered "partial refund".

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

good use of cum police smiley

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
If she wanted fast money, she should have sold her story to Vivid. Clerical errors in sperm donation fetishists are badly under serviced.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is it weird that I would be more sympathetic to this woman if she was more attractive?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i love this country man. greatest show on earth

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

boom boom boom posted:

Is it weird that I would be more sympathetic to this woman if she was more attractive?

Nah, it's just how things work in this wacky world.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

it doesnt help that you can tell by the photo that theyre a really loving boring couple

but congrats to the gay person for being unaccedpting of others lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BLACK MAN RAPES AND IMPREGNATES WHITE WOMAN AGAINST HER WILL, COURTS COMPLICIT

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

The Goatfather posted:

quote:

But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.

I believe the preferred term is "Americans"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

from back when it first happened

quote:

The story was hot news for about twenty-four hours and included an interview with Cramblett on NBC. “We love her,” she said of Payton. “She’s made us the people that we are.” Cramblett then burst into tears. “But,” she continued through clenched teeth, “I’m not going to sit back and let this ever happen to anyone ever again.”

That disjunctive, the “but” clause of her despair, was reiterated throughout Cramblett’s court papers. Despite being “beautiful,” Payton was “obviously mixed-race.” While Cramblett purportedly bonded “easily” with the little girl, she “lives each day with fears, anxieties and uncertainty.” Her community is “racially intolerant,” plus Cramblett suffers from “limited cultural competency relative to African Americans,” having never even met one till she got to college. Then there’s Cramblett’s “all white” family, who can barely stand that she is gay…and dear lord, now this? While Cramblett felt “compelled to repress” her sexual identity among family members, “Payton’s differences are irrepressible,” the lawsuit states. “Jennifer’s stress and anxiety intensify when she envisions Payton entering an all-white school.”

she a bad person

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
limited cultural competency is such an awesome phrase.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

she just doesn't want to culturally appropriate a black child

she should be applauded for this

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The lesson here is that you should never use a sperm bank ever.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

fyodor posted:

"yes dear mommy loves you even though you are a mud person"

Dindu and mud person are new phrases to me from threads this week here. Thank you SA!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Apoplexy posted:

seriously

drunkb posted:

Dindu and mud person are new phrases to me from threads this week here. Thank you SA!

how sheltered are you

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I wonder what'll happen when the kid gets to be like sixteen and finds out mommy sued the sperm bank for giving her a negro baby

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Craigslist is my go-to for diverse and dignified sperm needs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Imagine if a black couple got a white kid

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
All for one and one for all. Are you kidding me?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Imagine if a black couple got a white kid

ah, the reverse cuck

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan posted:

congrats to the gay person for being unaccedpting of others lol

"Its okay to be gay but no niggers"

Lmfao. Holy poo poo it goes to show how awful people are.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

jiharlequinade posted:

I wonder what'll happen when the kid gets to be like sixteen and finds out mommy sued the sperm bank for giving her a negro baby

She'll find out at like 9. The information age is a sword with two edges.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Apoplexy posted:

At least you're making a little interest back, it's better than just keeping all your sperm under the your mattress.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know we've been joking around about this for a while, but is this 'peak cuck'?

(Not to be confused with Peking Duck)

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

drunkb posted:

I learned about 'shitskin' a few months ago, but that was a tumblr page I think.

Words are fun.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

I learned about 'shitskin' a few months ago, but that was a tumblr page I think.

Words are fun.

curry wog is funny

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I really do like how shes like "i can't raise a black kid because i don't know about the blacks." Like they're some kind of foreign animal and not human beings.

boom boom boom posted:

No. I'm pretty sure when we saw she was stereotypical dyke the sympathy dropped a lil more. Lets be honest here, attractive people get more sympathy. I'm sure the judge who threw it out was thinking the same way.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mooktastical posted:

She'll find out at like 9. The information age is a sword with two edges.

Enfield posted:

that child is doomed

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Limited cultural competency is only knowing like two gang signs

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I really do like how shes like "i can't raise a black kid because i don't know about the blacks." Like they're some kind of foreign animal and not human beings.

The ultimate reason this whole thing is retarded: race and ethnicity are not the same thing. The kid's obviously going to be raised white, so it's entirely irrelevant how much "limited cultural competency" is or isn't involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

we talking full blown mulatto? i mean if it was an octoroon or even a quadroon i could let it slide, everyone makes mistakes after all its why pencils have erasers.

• Locked thread