Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*is matt parker and trey stone*
*inserts stupid libertarian viewpoints into most episodes*
*thinks they're funny*
*makes poo poo tons of money writing reddit-level humor into formulaic animated comedy central show*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
they had some great stuff but i appreciate that the basic comedy of the show relies on jew jokes and the asian guy "chink" character

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wrong , you just got old and lovely

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lovely (city) wok!

GET IT!? :lol: asian people can't pronounce hard C

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
alright but the somalian pirates episode is really funny, you cant argue with that one

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

wrong , you just got old and lovely

i've been watching south park since the very first episode aired live. i thought it was funny for a few seasons then i grew up and realized it is pretty stupid and relies on the same shock gimmicks and formulaic pop culture references and story structures ad nauseum. so i guess in a way you're right.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
It's alright

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
op have you considered watching family man the animated series

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

*is matt parker and trey stone*
*inserts stupid libertarian viewpoints into most episodes*
*thinks they're funny*
*makes poo poo tons of money writing reddit-level humor into formulaic animated comedy central show*

"yeah reddit sucks" - a guy posting on SA

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

It's crazy how they met in 1992 in a film class, and pretty much the first thing they made together became a proto-viral sensation, and within five years they had the highest rated show on Comedy Central in its history, and soon the highest rated TV show in basic cable television history. That kind of success has to come down to a lot of luck. It's pretty cool they still work on the show after all these years.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I remember being blown away by quick they can poo poo those out when their Elian gonzolez episode had "ripped from the headlines" plot points from like a day or two prior.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
no i enjoy the following animated shows:

* simpsons (only the good seasons)
* rick & marty
* archer
* bob's burgers

there might be a few other good ones I am forgetting but that's about it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bromplicated posted:

It's crazy how they met in 1992 in a film class, and pretty much the first thing they made together became a proto-viral sensation, and within five years they had the highest rated show on Comedy Central in its history, and soon the highest rated TV show in basic cable television history. That kind of success has to come down to a lot of luck. It's pretty cool they still work on the show after all these years.

i mean that is cool but it doesn't change the fact that their show is stupid garbage for immature babies like 90% of the episodes at least

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i prefer pony or show or something gay and ironic or whatever its cartoons who gives a gently caress!!!! gently caress YOU OP!!!! ARGHGHGHGHG./

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

no i enjoy the following animated shows:

* simpsons (only the good seasons)

w/o arguing like a bunch of loving goons which are the good seasons because i torrented season 3 and am thinking of illegally downloading some more episodes as well

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
bobs burgers is a retard show for literal sub IQ60 retards. ok the only reason anyone watches it is because its the same voice actor as archer but the characters are all lovely. my least favorite bobs burger character is the ugly nerd girl with ugly breasts voiced by a man, shes disgusting, the show is bad

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

w/o arguing like a bunch of loving goons which are the good seasons because i torrented season 3 and am thinking of illegally downloading some more episodes as well

the general consensus is seasons 4-8 make up the pure golden run

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

killaer posted:

bobs burgers is a retard show for literal sub IQ60 retards. ok the only reason anyone watches it is because its the same voice actor as archer but the characters are all lovely. my least favorite bobs burger character is the ugly nerd girl with ugly breasts voiced by a man, shes disgusting, the show is bad

i dont get the cult following but it is a fun show that reminds me of the good simpsons. sorry you're an idiot loser who hates fun and cute family-oriented shows.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
ya true but why care so much to post a thread and countless other posts here i didn't read ? are you angry?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lascivious Sloth posted:

ya true but why care so much to post a thread and countless other posts here i didn't read ? are you angry?

no it's just that not enough people seem to understand it sucks just trying to get the word out there. no sweat off my back, a post here, a few responses there. i don't have much going on at the moment i figured why not :justpost:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

South Park is good and funny but it's good that it's down to 10 episodes a year now.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
yea okay but where is this 'cult following' you speak of? does the show even exist anymore? this was a valid argument in the 90s but jesus dude let it go, no one even knows about the crapy show anymore

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

lovely (city) wok!

GET IT!? :lol: asian people can't pronounce hard C

thats not a hard c

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
*points to dick*

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
this is a hard c XD

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Frostwerks posted:

this is a hard c XD

yeah, it's hard to see

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lascivious Sloth posted:

yea okay but where is this 'cult following' you speak of? does the show even exist anymore? this was a valid argument in the 90s but jesus dude let it go, no one even knows about the crapy show anymore

i still hear people quoting it on a regular basis and using catchphrases from it expecting me to find them amusing or even warrant a laugh. i'm taking this real personal and i suggest you get out of my way lest you get caught up in my wake. bitch.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
hmmm, I guess I don't hang around 10 year olds, so fair enough.. proceed

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Lascivious Sloth posted:

yeah, it's hard to see

sweet loving jesus

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lovely name sports team

heh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The movie was pretty good I even played the bideo game BOTH of em!

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

south park just got old and lovely
fixed 4 u

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sometimes it's funny

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it was funny when i was in middle school

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

shout out matt and trey for introducing me to xavier renegade angel.

Uberskooper
Apr 30, 2007
Skoops up goood
South Park is a poo poo show that hasn't been funny in years. I think the two guys who make it just gave up but are still contractually obligated by old executives/can't let go of the easy source of money. They clearly give no fucks anymore and want to focus on other things like their Broadway show. They should have the decency to just kill it off. Maybe with an episode in which a falling rock kills everyone in the town forever.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Lascivious Sloth posted:

yeah, it's hard to see

rack 'em

stump collector
May 28, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

it was funny when i was in middle school

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
if you dont think this is funny then i legitimately feel bad for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0HnziwyLRc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Wow i thought i was going to get berated for insulting south park but it turns out you goons arent so bad i tell you what... :downs:

• Locked thread