Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

What's the hard part to explain?

What does you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, I love my younger sister. Fired up Facebook this morning and she had liked and shared a string of pro-Confederate Flag images and some blonde white girl was giving her poo poo via comments about how raysis it is to like that sort of image and HOW DARE YOU, etc. She and I are only half-siblings; her dad is half-Hispanic, half-Black so she's 3/4 Hispanic and 1/4 Black, getting told off by a white girl for being racist.

I love liberals. They're so loving nuts.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PCOS Bill posted:

Haha, I love my younger sister. Fired up Facebook this morning and she had liked and shared a string of pro-Confederate Flag images and some blonde white girl was giving her poo poo via comments about how raysis it is to like that sort of image and HOW DARE YOU, etc. She and I are only half-siblings; her dad is half-Hispanic, half-Black so she's 3/4 Hispanic and 1/4 Black, getting told off by a white girl for being racist.

I love liberals. They're so loving nuts.

The fact that your sister likes the flag of the men who believed that people like her should be slaves isn't racist, but it sure is dumb

E: Unless she actually believes that black people should be slaves, in which case she is both dumb and racist

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

they're idiots and judge away OP

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Pththya-lyi posted:

The fact that your sister likes the flag of the men who believed that people like her should be slaves isn't racist, but it sure is dumb

E: Unless she actually believes that black people should be slaves, in which case she is both dumb and racist

I have a feeling intelligence is not a trait that runs in that family.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

I'm all into politics and I like talking it and debating it and all that good stuff.

But I have some "friends" and co workers that say they aren't racist, but love the confederate flag. Say Hillary is just like Hitler while advocating rounding up and detaining immigrants. Claim to love freedom of religion while praying for Kim Davis to somehow "win" and strip legal rights from gays in the name of their religion.

I call these people names and judge them publicly for this and they get really mad.

Are we at the point in society where you can call a confederate flag flier an idiot in public, or a Donald Trump supporter a moron, and be OK with it? Or is it still taboo at this point?

I mean you can call someone an idiot in public for using the N word or for claiming the holocaust didn't happen, so that stuff is pretty well put down for us.

But this new Neoconservative nonsense movement thing, are we there yet? Can we write these people off yet?

who let you back into gbs

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

I have a feeling intelligence is not a trait that runs in that family.

Wow, could you be a little more racist buddy?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

shut the gently caress up you mexican piece of poo poo

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh yeah, definitely.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

shut the gently caress up you mexican piece of poo poo

Mods??????????

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Oh yeah, definitely.

don't talk to that beaner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Well, your friends could be at the other end of the spectrum and be like:

Friend : My wife gave birth to our baby yesterday
You : congratulations! boy or girl?
Friend: oh, they're not old enough to decide yet.

Quite succinct there friend.

• Locked thread