Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I like how they matched up the couples best

AWarmBody posted:

Another chapter intro illustration from the health book features a guy wholesomely conversing with two unattended female minors. Please note the modest apparel of all the models (except for that elbow-showing slut on the far right):

darker people are ok, but make sure they couple up

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

yes. gently caress yes. hail satan

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot
i read 0 of that!

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

AWarmBody posted:

None are as good as the Goofus and Gallant one, but I've always loved the facial expressions on these two guys:

Another chapter intro illustration from the health book features a guy wholesomely conversing with two unattended female minors. Please note the modest apparel of all the models (except for that elbow-showing slut on the far right):

im the grown rear end man kneeling to talk to two children where their parents can't hear me..

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Home schooling is super super bad.

Dont homeschool your kids. They might turn out like me. :ohdear:

Well there's occasionally reasons for it that aren't "I am a religious psychopath that hates the universe." But 90% of the time it seems to be that.

Home schooling when your school district is complete rear end, when the kid is self-motivated enough to actually learn on their own, etc. can be fine; but I have to admit, there are more nut jobs than anything. I still want to tell the judge who demanded home schooling be stopped to "instill loyalty in the state and country" to eat a dick, though.

ED: There are home schooling courses that aren't dipped deep in religious insanity, but they're not amusing enough to post on the internet. Just saying, they exist.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
the best use case I've seen for homeschooling is for disabled or special needs children in bumfuck nowhere where no special schools are available. Most families move to some place where there ARE some schools. but for those who can't afford to or just don't wanna, there's homeschooling.

if you're not a tard, homeschooling will turn you into one.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

ChairmanMeow posted:

I like how they matched up the couples best

darker people are ok, but make sure they couple up

Properly hemmed pants are a mark of the devil otoh

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

froward posted:

the best use case I've seen for homeschooling is for disabled or special needs children in bumfuck nowhere where no special schools are available. Most families move to some place where there ARE some schools. but for those who can't afford to or just don't wanna, there's homeschooling.

if you're not a tard, homeschooling will turn you into one.

I don't know, if you've got a stay at home parent (esp. in a rural area) that wants their kids base education to come from a text book not written in Texas, it can work pretty well. Seriously a lot of schools are loving shitastic in the United States.

Again this is a super tiny % compared to hilarious stuff like you see in the OP. Anyone doing this entirely on religious grounds needs a slap upside the head.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

stubblyhead posted:

Properly hemmed pants are a mark of the devil otoh

You can't force a woman to hem your pants until you are married.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well there's occasionally reasons for it that aren't "I am a religious psychopath that hates the universe." But 90% of the time it seems to be that.

Home schooling when your school district is complete rear end, when the kid is self-motivated enough to actually learn on their own, etc. can be fine; but I have to admit, there are more nut jobs than anything. I still want to tell the judge who demanded home schooling be stopped to "instill loyalty in the state and country" to eat a dick, though.

ED: There are home schooling courses that aren't dipped deep in religious insanity, but they're not amusing enough to post on the internet. Just saying, they exist.

Homeschooling is still cowardly as gently caress because instead of actually putting any effort to improve schools you're just going "gently caress you got mine" and taking advantage of the fact that you're well-off enough to homeschool your kid to avoid having to acknowledge the problem exists. And then the homeschooling lobbies make public schools even worse.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Jesus said, thou shalt not rock hard.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
What's the official line on lovely Christian rock bands like Petra et al?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

stubblyhead posted:

What's the official line on lovely Christian rock bands like Petra et al?

It's all bad at Pensacola.

quote:

Whether or not the lyrics are Christian, music in the style of jazz, rock, rap, R&B, pop, country, or contemporary Christian is prohibited and may not be in a student’s possession or use on or off campus.

Source: https://www.pcci.edu/pathway/StudentResponsibilities/CollegeStandards2.aspx
(The whole thing is worth reading if you're interested in how they have gender-segregated elevators and stairs.)

AWarmBody fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 9, 2015

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

AWarmBody posted:

It's all bad at Pensacola.

Source: https://www.pcci.edu/pathway/StudentResponsibilities/CollegeStandards2.aspx
(The whole thing is worth reading if you're interested in how they have gender-segregated elevators and stairs.)

To be fair on this, if you're studying to go all biblical and poo poo and it's a private school I don't really have a problem with it. But that said lol at the draconian standards, especially off campus. What do the guys do when they see girls walk by in bikinis?

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Sleeveless posted:

Homeschooling is still cowardly as gently caress because instead of actually putting any effort to improve schools you're just going "gently caress you got mine" and taking advantage of the fact that you're well-off enough to homeschool your kid to avoid having to acknowledge the problem exists. And then the homeschooling lobbies make public schools even worse.
Most people don't have the time to go through all the lawsuits and appeals, even if they manage to find affordable or pro bono attorneys. And what do you do during the whole thing, keep your kids in school?

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 9, 2015

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Lil Peeler posted:

. What do the guys do when they see girls walk by in bikinis?

Avert their eyes in shame most likely. Also PCC is up in the piney woods part of town and probably 10 miles from the beach. I would be pretty surprised if they're allowed to go to such a den of sin. I remembered a pcc story to give you an idea. A friend of mine is a music teacher at the (fully accredited public) junior college in town, and there was a musical performance of some kind at pcc he wanted to attend. Rock music is sinful but classical is generally a-ok. So from the moment he gets out of his car pretty much everybody's giving him the stinkeye, and he can't figure out why. Even during the concert he's getting some funny looks. At some point he realizes he's literally the only person there with a beard. A few years later he went to some other concert after having shaved it off, and no one gave him a second glance.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Even beards are a problem? What, would those twerps even give Moses the stink-eye? :colbert:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

Beards, the true nests of evil.

Bifauxnen posted:

Even beards are a problem? What, would those twerps even give Moses the stink-eye? :colbert:

to be fair, moses was a jew

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
To be fair leviticus says you're hosed if you trim your hair.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Lil Peeler posted:

To be fair on this, if you're studying to go all biblical and poo poo and it's a private school I don't really have a problem with it.

That's a totally valid point. I think my issue with it is more that they advertise these standards but people still choose to go there.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

stubblyhead posted:

At some point he realizes he's literally the only person there with a beard. A few years later he went to some other concert after having shaved it off, and no one gave him a second glance.

quote:

Men are to be clean shaven (no beards/mustaches), with sideburns no lower than the middle of the ear

Your friend shouldn't have dressed like a filthy heathen imo. Jesus would not be welcome on campus either because of his filthy Jew-beard.

klaivu
Aug 29, 2006

"... Mother?"
Reasons to homeschool:
1. To instill religious values by cutting off the outside world
2. To hide abuse and neglect
3. Having special needs children
4. To protect a child from racism, bullying or other forms of discrimination

The dynamic is as follows: a child is found to have been sexually abused, mistreated or otherwise neglected for years. The abuse has been enabled by keeping the child in homeschooling, away from the eyes of authorities. As a result of this, a reformer decides to try and implement health and education standards in order catch abusers, or the people in group two and to generally better education standards. The people in group one respond vehemently, with thousands of calls and emails a day, including death threats. Reformer caves in and standards aren't implemented. Group one is considered insane by most, and groups three and four get tarred with the same brush.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Hippies ruined them, much like everything else. I read once about a sculptor who was commissioned to make a statue of some past president of BYU. They wanted him to be clean-shaven though despite the fact that he rocked a large beard.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

drat man musta been some hairy rear end bitches back in the Leviticus times

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

It's going to be great in 200 years when all the remaining Christians believe Jesus was blond haired, clean shaven white guy born in Iowa.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Absolute Lithops posted:

Your friend shouldn't have dressed like a filthy heathen imo. Jesus would not be welcome on campus either because of his filthy Jew-beard.

Goddamn, that is an insane level of control over something as simple as what a person wears to class or dinner. Between the fascist dress code and the focus on 'purity' I would have assumed this was from the website of a creepy isolationist cult, not some goofy bible college in Pensacola.

These are the same kind of people who insist on daughters pledging their virginity to their fathers, and hold 'purity balls' to celebrate said fathers possession of their daughters' body and soul until some dude comes along to marry her and take over from dad, right? Because that poo poo is creepy as gently caress.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

The Mentalizer posted:

Goddamn, that is an insane level of control over something as simple as what a person wears to class or dinner. Between the fascist dress code and the focus on 'purity' I would have assumed this was from the website of a creepy isolationist cult, not some goofy bible college in Pensacola.

The Mentalizer posted:

These are the same kind of people who insist on daughters pledging their virginity to their fathers, and hold 'purity balls' to celebrate said fathers possession of their daughters' body and soul until some dude comes along to marry her and take over from dad, right? Because that poo poo is creepy as gently caress.
:thumbsup:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Hey cut me some slack man, I'm just trying to figure out how all these different groups fit together. Just how do you expect a liberal New York Jew like me to do my job controlling the media and repressing Christians if I don't know what appeals to all the wacky little sects and offshoots?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Well we know he's evil cause he said ReLoad was a good album. Load really wasn't even good really.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Well we know he's evil cause he said ReLoad was a good album. Load really wasn't even good really.

Load had Outlaw Torn though.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

And Corinthians says you're hosed if you don't.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
op did you go to a purity ball when you were a teenager?

tuyop posted:

And Corinthians says you're hosed if you don't.

I guess Islam is the true path after all

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I knew some guys who went to Liberty University and there's a $500 fine for "witchcraft".

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

stubblyhead posted:

I guess Islam is the true path after all

I think they're confused as well. Al-Bukhaari says that the Prophet cut his hair, because it was sometimes long and sometimes short, and he would dye his hair because Christians don't, so a good Muslim should dye his grey hairs. You can't shave, though, because that makes you look like a woman and that poo poo is universally out.

But some dudes say you should never cut your beard because God made you that way, others say to trim it to a fist length because God likes it when you're tidy.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

stubblyhead posted:

op did you go to a purity ball when you were a teenager?

I went to homeschool dances, which basically guarantee you remain a virgin for life.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

AWarmBody posted:

I went to homeschool dances, which basically guarantee you remain a virgin for life.

Are those the kind you have to go to with your father?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

geeves posted:

Are those the kind you have to go to with your father?

Not required, but the adult:teenager ratio was like 1:3. Touching was allowed in a dancing context (actual ballroom dancing, not what the Normie teenagers do at actual schools with their bumpin' and grindin') but not immodest dresses. One of my friends wore a dress that came to her mid-thigh and it was a major scandal, resulting in a massive crackdown on girls' dresscode for future years.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
this thread reminds me of that billy joel song where he tells the girl she better put out or else she might die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

AWarmBody posted:

Wait, these are the right relationships? I thought they were examples of all the bad people. I'm seeing a teenage mom, a cougar, a pedophile, a gay couple, a lesbian couple, and I'm pretty sure those two hiding in the back are closely related.

HerStuddMuffin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 9, 2015

• Locked thread