Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Do we finally get the match of the century we got robbed of 25 years ago? M1A1s vs T-80s on the hot sands. Migs and F-16/18s in the desert heat. ungggg I'm dripping pre-cum.

Also: pretty close the the "plains of megiddo" so we get the crazy religious factor up in this bitch too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Nah.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

you are the most disappointing tranni

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
*jpeg of tom clancy, shirtless, smiling invitingly

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
The most likely outcome is that both sides will shamelessly do whatever it takes to benefit their warmongering supporters and then some Vice documentary will go viral and your friends on Facebook won't shut up about it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope Russia conquers Syria, that place is a shitshow and even slav overlords would be a massive improvement

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I hope Russia conquers Syria, that place is a shitshow and even slav overlords would be a massive improvement

youd think so but this totally didnt work out in afghanistan

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

actually, life improved for some of the public, if you ignore the whole war thing

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

none of this poo poo would ever have happened if hitler had won the second world war

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

TEAYCHES posted:

none of this poo poo would ever have happened if hitler had won the second world war

Looking around me today, I see no evidence that he lost.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

xutech posted:

Looking around me today, I see no evidence that he lost.

you wail out in english when you are getting pegged by a fat, ugly woman with a hairy mole, not in german

our eugenics programs stink

jews, everywhere you look, from the t.v., to the hospital, to possibly even your own bed, jews.

plating is not the national pastime

Sizone fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 6, 2015

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I would like to think Russia still has the manpower to wipe the entire region off the map, but I don't think they have the financial resources to put much effort into this with fighting in the Ukraine still going on.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

4outof5 posted:

Do we finally get the match of the century we got robbed of 25 years ago? M1A1s vs T-80s on the hot sands. Migs and F-16/18s in the desert heat. ungggg I'm dripping pre-cum.

Also: pretty close the the "plains of megiddo" so we get the crazy religious factor up in this bitch too.

Won't they make themselves an even bigger target for islamic extremists now ? It will be nice to compare the US vs. Russian "war on terror" and take hints form each other

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Decebal posted:

It will be nice to compare the US vs. Russian "war on terror" and take hints form each other

USA- We'll help fight for the cause, replace your government, and your country may or may not be a better place when we're done. Then, we'll have to stay because it's not working and new terror threats will emerge and we'll then start pulling troops out right when you need them again because Obama. Go ISIS.

Russia- Your people have fought for hundreds of years over your hatred and butthurtedness of each other's religions and because of your fiery temper like short man. We will end it all with the push of a button. After the nukes hit, your war will be over and your country will look no worse than it already does. [An oily, shirtless Putin presses the button and then heads home riding on bearback wearing only dress slacks and a rifle strapped over his shoulder].

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

USA- We'll help fight for the cause, replace your government, and your country may or may not be a better place when we're done. Then, we'll have to stay because it's not working and new terror threats will emerge and we'll then start pulling troops out right when you need them again because Obama. Go ISIS.

Russia- Your people have fought for hundreds of years over your hatred and butthurtedness of each other's religions and because of your fiery temper like short man. We will end it all with the push of a button. After the nukes hit, your war will be over and your country will look no worse than it already does. [An oily, shirtless Putin presses the button and then heads home riding on bearback wearing only dress slacks and a rifle strapped over his shoulder].

rightwing boners over retards like putin are so loving funny

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

War, war, what is it good for? (absolutely nothing)

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

toggle posted:

War, war, what is it good for? (absolutely nothing)

What about a burst of industrial and scientific innovation ?

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thats me

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The US is also in Syria. Everyone who's anyone is in Syria.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

[An oiled up Gadaffi presses the button and then heads home with his sexy all female commando unit wearing a Roman general outfit, tasteful traditional Berber hat and a rifle strapped over his shoulder].

Wow, what a badass and arousingly uncomfortable dictator with lots of photo ops!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Russia shouldn't unilaterally nuke ISIL. It should be done through the UN Security Council.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
At least we'll see what conventional russian weapons can do. I'm tired of seeing US poo poo all the time

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Decebal posted:

At least we'll see what conventional russian weapons can do. I'm tired of seeing US poo poo all the time

stuff explodes and people die its pretty similar

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

jBrereton posted:

Except for the Syrians.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Does Russia actually have the centrifuges needed to refine freedom though? Because if not none of their bombs will actually have freedom in them, so iirc the explosions will actually look very different!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQhLRr0HRGI

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

stuff explodes and people die its pretty similar

That Hind attack helicopter looks pretty powerful and it hasn't seen any action since Afghanistan. Can it still perform to modern standards ? Do syrians have a honeybee countermeasure system?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TEAYCHES posted:

'Cause the US totally wasn't trying to stir poo poo up and support any opposition to glorious communism

jBrereton posted:

Let's hope everyone pulls out so there aren't Syrian bastard offspring

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

satanic splash-back posted:

actually, life improved for some of the public, if you ignore the whole war thing

did not lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SocketWrench posted:

'Cause the US totally wasn't trying to stir poo poo up and support any opposition to glorious communism

an alternate universe where afghanistan is a moderately successful, secular, stable nation in central asia because the united states wasnt feeding osama bin laden thousands of stinger missile launchers

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

4outof5 posted:

Why aren't you over there fighting for freedom you little punk?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

an alternate universe where afghanistan is a moderately successful, secular, stable nation in central asia because the united states wasnt feeding osama bin laden thousands of stinger missile launchers
It wasn't that in 1979 despite trying, which is why the Soviets invaded in the first place.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jBrereton posted:

It wasn't that in 1979 despite trying, which is why the Soviets invaded in the first place.

they should just make kabul and northern afghanistan its own nation imo and just write off the rest of it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sizone posted:

you wail out in english when you are getting pegged by a fat, ugly woman with a hairy mole, not in german

our eugenics programs stink

jews, everywhere you look, from the t.v., to the hospital, to possibly even your own bed, jews.

plating is not the national pastime

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Love at first sight?

• Locked thread