Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Honestly, Russia might be on the right side here... has there actually been a dictator in the middle east/north africa that was overthrown and then the quality of living actually went up?

Iran
Iraq
Libya
Egypt

I'm sure Syria is going to be the one that turns out better once Assad and his hot wife are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Blistex posted:

Honestly, Russia might be on the right side here... has there actually been a dictator in the middle east/north africa that was overthrown and then the quality of living actually went up?

Iran
Iraq
Libya
Egypt

I'm sure Syria is going to be the one that turns out better once Assad and his hot wife are gone.

Egypt has a dictator.

Eternal Islamic revolution, imo.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I think America needs to look to their own East/West coast rap war before they start telling Syria what to do with their oil.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Agag posted:

Egypt has a dictator.

Eternal Islamic revolution, imo.

True, but did things get better after Mubarak was ousted?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Blistex posted:

Morsi was in charge for five minutes, then another dictator was installed, held an "election" where he won %95 of the vote, and the West turned on the military aid spigot and called him a hero. It was some 1930's level poo poo.

Oh, and Sisi liquidated most of the old Muslim Brotherhood leadership, so the next uprising in Egypt will be straight up ISIS maniacs. Stability!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Are there seriously no high-quality drawings or photoshops of Obama and Putin making out?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blistex posted:

All Egyptians who were afraid of the military hijacking the government back were spot on.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ak47s over m16s in a desert climate?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

frogfoot v warthog

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

toggle posted:

frogfoot v warthog

I always liked the frogfoot more in Desert Combat, which I assume was an accurate simulation

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Maneki Neko posted:

I always liked the frogfoot more in Desert Combat, which I assume was an accurate simulation

Just build like 15 NOD bikes. Other guy's base will be toast.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Blistex posted:

Iran
Iraq
Libya
Egypt

Maybe communist bombs will work instead of freedom bombs?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

toggle posted:

ak47s over m16s in a desert climate?

ISIS seems to be getting good use out of M16s.

Also wouldn't be great if nations had a arena island, basically a island in which open warfare was allowed so we could
see if russia or USA had the best military.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

etalian posted:

Also wouldn't be great if nations had a arena island, basically a island in which open warfare was allowed so we could

I stand by my plan of each nation training 300 hoplites and squaring off on a football field.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

etalian posted:

There is, it's called "The Global South."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

There is, it's called "The Global South."

Its called Afghanistan, and what we learned was "lol, way to spend a trillion dollars on this poo poo."

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIUm1E4OcI

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Spacman posted:

hahahaha, like they don't have that sort of poo poo.

The cold war was awesome for crazy poo poo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29

Get that crap flying now, soldier!

What's the point of like a "small" nuclear bomb, isn't the whole drat point of nukes a fuggin huge explosion that kills everyone around? If the idea behind this nuke is tiny nuclear explosion why not just use a normal bomb?

Also if it isn't just a much smaller nuke, then that seems like a very dangerous weapon for the user too, how do you even field those just give it to the dumbest guy in the squad and hope he doesn't accidentally set it off?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

frytechnician posted:

your friends on Facebook won't shut up about it.

this will happen no matter what and it will largely be uninformed drivel

check back in for Peeler's GBS predictions!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
After invading Ukraine and loving that up, Russia needed another quagmire to get bogged down in.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Yaos posted:

After invading Ukraine and loving that up, Russia needed another quagmire to get bogged down in.

Russia is a quagmire that itself is getting bogged down in.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Yaos posted:

After invading Afghanistan+Iraq and loving that up, USA needed another quagmire to get bogged down in.
:c00lbutt:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
The Russians are coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vev8P6wSF1Q

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
how have these idiots still not learned never to do this, all it takes is one strafing run to destroy the lot

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The UN should sign legislation that will outlaw ISIL forever.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

I'm Crap posted:

how have these idiots still not learned never to do this, all it takes is one strafing run to destroy the lot
LOL if you think ISIS/ISIL has air force and Obama has courage to do so.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Lot of Tom Clancy fans posting itt.

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
Russia is helping honestly , Syria is pretty much real life mad max

but middle eastern armies are always poo poo tier and even Assad with new tanks and planes will probably gently caress it up somehow

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Lot of Tom Clancy fans posting itt.

Im the antagonists from Rainbow Six

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

McDowell posted:

Im the antagonists from Rainbow Six

*breach and clear*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

I'm Crap posted:

The most likely (but still very unlikely) possibility would be someone setting up some mortars or leaning a rocket pod against a wall and firing it remotely. That's why you usually see aircraft close to the font spread out more and with berms around them.

• Locked thread