Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Also, I have to be careful changing lanes because of all the retarded BMW drivers speeding and slaloming between cars without using their turn signals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

safetyStanddown posted:

I dno't drive a "musle car," but gently caress you and also die in afire.

God willing one day I'll get to do it to you :twisted:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I drive a Buick LeSabre Custom Ltd. King of the Road.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I like my subaru. It's got decent gas mileage and its really nice for doing 40 in the passing lane

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I have a 2012 Impreza sport package that is royal blue with 19k miles on it because I only ever drive it to work. I recently refinanced it and the bank made me send them additional paperwork in regards to the mileage because they dont believe me.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my vehicle is 17 years old and only has 76k miles... im powerful

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

What are you trying to say with this picture

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

THE PENETRATOR posted:

my vehicle is 17 years old and only has 76k miles... im powerful

Way to drive your dead grandma's car.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

natetimm posted:

Way to drive your dead grandma's car.

shes alive

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
edit: for now

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The real drivers to watch out for are the ones who have "Baby on Board" stickers

They are the worst drivers

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
I drive a Toyota Corolla not because I have to but because I can.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Fried Watermelon posted:

The real drivers to watch out for are the ones who have "Baby on Board" stickers

Nope. Old people.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Everyone but me sucks at driving.

I also suck at driving.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Fried Watermelon posted:

it's actually the jesus fish

every single god drat one of them

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
no joke my 1990 subaru legacy shitbox red station wagon saved my rear end in a head on freeway collision

I miss that car

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

что?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

rezatahs posted:

it's actually the jesus fish

every single god drat one of them
yep.

anyways, I don't drive one, but I'd def get a 2015 Subaru Legacy if I was in the market for a mid-size sedan. it's actually a really good car for the price and easily 10k less for similar car with bells+whistles from a competitor and has the best KBB resell value of any similar car. also incredibly good mileage for AWD.

never really had problems with suburu drivers, most go a pretty good 75 and decent awareness to move over if needed

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Any brand minivan. Sure to be driving like a supreme jackass.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I thought the stereotype was that lesbians drove them

It's starting to sound like everyone, literally everyone drives them

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I like the Baja. I went to find a good image, but instead I found this:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i owned a subaru. it was rad. only had the stock turbo, but had it cranked up to 21.5 psi protuned and made ~390-400 hp crank. I launched the poo poo out of that motherfucker 100's of times and only damaged a few cv joints. thing was solid as a loving tank and after 80,000 miles I didnt even have low compression. i got it aligned 3 times and it was so within spec it couldnt even be touched after removing the entire suspension , hundreds of launches, off roading, etc... jesus christ I regret the day I sold it many times over. also 11 years later it only lost 30% of its original value. if you include inflation, it almost never lost value even with 80,000 miles.

welp thats my subaru story, ill be in another as soon as it is feasible

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Wizchine posted:

Also, I have to be careful changing lanes because of all the retarded BMW drivers speeding and slaloming between cars without using their turn signals.

BMW drivers are all horrible suicidal fucks. grant their wishes; run them off the road and into an early grave

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gtfo commie

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

also 11 years later it only lost 30% of its original value. if you include inflation, it almost never lost value even with 80,000 miles.

yea sounds about right. they do hold incredible resale because surprise, they're actually good cars. unlike a lot of trash poo poo that domestic and such pump out.

though 80k miles over 11 years seems really low--most cars usually hit that in like 5 years.
e: maybe it depends on the state but at least here in california, most people i know easily put 15k+/mi a year if it theirs primary vehicle and commuute with it

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 6, 2015

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

if theres a subaru in front of you then put down your loving phone and pay attention to the road

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Best Giraffe posted:

BMW drivers are all horrible suicidal fucks. grant their wishes; run them off the road and into an early grave

yeah if u get the chance try driving someone elses M5 sometime and it will all make sense very quickly

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

gtfo commie

FORMER commie.

Watch Goldeneye like a thousand times in fifth grade you uncultured swine.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Xaris posted:

yea sounds about right. they do hold incredible resale because surprise, they're actually good cars. unlike a lot of trash poo poo that domestic and such pump out.

though 80k miles over 11 years seems really low--most cars usually hit that in like 5 years.
e: maybe it depends on the state but at least here in california, most people i know easily put 15k+/mi a year if it theirs primary vehicle and commuute with it

it was an STi, and has an extremely unusually low depreciation (at least in the last few years), although geography is a factor. In 2006 I bought a 2004 for $21,000, ten years later it was worth $26,000 lol

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Subarus are good cars. But those god drat commercials with the people wearing plaid and talking about wanting a safe car for their family. Those people are just /so/ relatable aren't they? Good Thing You Got A Subaru(TM)

edit: subaru impreza wrx sti vroom-PSCHHH VROOOM-PSCHHHHH VIN DIESEL

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
My 2nd car (and my daily driver since I let my wife drive the nicer car) is a lovely old 96' subaru legacuy that had a failed head gasket that a bad mechanic barely repaired to point where it is runnable again. told me it would probably die within 6 months and to start working on buying a new car because an engine replacement would be more than the car is worth. it was already leaking oil into antifreeze again and burning a quart of oil every 2 weeks when I got it back.

I decided to drive it into the ground until it dies. It's been 3 years and 30K miles later now with absolutely no maintenance put into it, not even a single oil change (though i have to add oil every month), still running well enough for 60 mile daily commute and handles well enough on the highway.

am kind of annoyed it wont die because i need an excuse to buy another car.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

FaradayCage posted:

FORMER commie.

Watch Goldeneye like a thousand times in fifth grade you uncultured swine.

that was on tv tonite and goddamn has it aged well.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Incomplete Fish posted:

Subarus are good cars. But those god drat commercials with the people wearing plaid and talking about wanting a safe car for their family. Those people are just /so/ relatable aren't they? Good Thing You Got A Subaru(TM)

yea they definitely advertise to sort of DINKY-soon-to-be-expecting aging 35+ tail end of millenial/gen x crowd. and to be fair their safety record is actually top notch and won the best there but yeah it's sort of annoying all the same since i don't care and im a dumb invincible driver who never expects to be in an accident anyways and isn't a selling point to me. price def is though

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Incomplete Fish posted:

PTTSCHHOOO PTSCHH deoop deoop doop doop dopp pstt. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PTSCHH - BRRrVvvROoOOOOOOOM PTSCHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

that was on tv tonite and goddamn has it aged well.

The actors carry it.

The special effects....are indeed...."special".

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i owned a subaru. it was rad. only had the stock turbo, but had it cranked up to 21.5 psi protuned and made ~390-400 hp crank. I launched the poo poo out of that motherfucker 100's of times and only damaged a few cv joints. thing was solid as a loving tank and after 80,000 miles I didnt even have low compression. i got it aligned 3 times and it was so within spec it couldnt even be touched after removing the entire suspension , hundreds of launches, off roading, etc... jesus christ I regret the day I sold it many times over. also 11 years later it only lost 30% of its original value. if you include inflation, it almost never lost value even with 80,000 miles.

:jackbud: i love evos and stis

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

unlimited shrimp posted:

what about people who drive hondas

asking for a friend thanks

Depends.

code:

Honda age       20+ yrs  old      15+ yrs old       10+ yrs old      5+ yrs old      Almost new      New
Driver quality     Old, poo poo      Young, good      Parent, ok        Parent, ok      Old, poo poo      Suburban mom, poo poo

*Please make hearty discounts if female and Asian.  Male Asians have their driving impairments fixed to white levels when in a Honda if under 40.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

natetimm posted:

I drive a Subaru because all wheel drive is the poo poo.

Are you aware that it is okay to go 5 over in the city and 10 over on the highway.

Are you also aware that you don't just keep the clamshell on top of your car at all times.

Incomplete Fish posted:

Subarus are good cars.

Yes, they are. The cars are fine.

The drivers are horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
the guy on the right might be cute if he shaved

• Locked thread