Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In which the media and goons wonder whether [winning team] is really good or [losing team] is really bad, or perhaps even both!

The Pac-12 North loses a little bit more prestige as Stanford gets dominated by Northwestern.

Penn State gets its rear end thoroughly kicked by a mid-major team that it hasn't lost to since World War 2, gives up 10 sacks.

A whole bunch of games end on wet farts as coaches from sea to shining sea forget how to clock management.

A handful of power conference teams lose to FCS teams.

Aaaaaand a whole bunch of teams beat up on cupcakes.

College football is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NICE TRY, FUCKERS

WILDCATS

bitch

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OU looked and acceptable and Baker Mayfield did OK. That's all the analysis I have until after the Tennessee game see you guys then

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is a shitass loving football team and shouldn't be allowed to exist anymore

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the gators scored more in 1 game than they did in the entire will muschamp era

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Texas looked like poo poo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

the gators scored more in 1 game than they did in the entire will muschamp era

Muschamp ran up the score once last year in a cupcake game

It wasn't an aerial assault tho

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Kansas ate a dick on the field and again on K-State's field.
Washington defeated Washington 16-13 last night.
Temple was the team of the week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

Muschamp ran up the score once last year in a cupcake game

It wasn't an aerial assault tho

jeff driskel dropped an aerial assault for LA Tech tonight lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Week 1 Aftermath: The Passion of the Chryst

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Techs defense is terrible... Again. I'd love to see ttu d vs ut o tomorrow, as is. It'd be a battle between the unmoving object and the no-stop capable force.

It was hot, i got too much sun.

RIP wheez, here lies the cougs

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

Week 1 Aftermath: The Passion of the Chryst

gently caress off I made this title and its staying

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
GET THE JARS READY BOYS WE HAVE A DEFENSE

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

minnesota didn't embarrass themselves on national tv! this hasn't happened since the early 00s.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Raku posted:

gently caress off I made this title and its staying

It is a fine title! I just wanted to make a passion of the chryst joke.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

UNLV is a shitass loving football team and shouldn't be allowed to exist anymore

There is no hope end it all burn the jerseys pave over the stadium

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is a fine title! I just wanted to make a passion of the chryst joke.

Go to hell!1!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at every team that didn't upset a vastly overrated garbage team.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Please don't t pass against us and instead let us run the ball. Thanks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Our O-Line is many shades of terrible but I am pleasantly surprised with the defense. I said last year they had talent but were coached wrong but I didn't know it was that extreme.

I also still think Arizona State was much closer to us than the score reflects. They just made (more) questionable decisions.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

There is no hope end it all burn the jerseys pave over the stadium

Everyone is falling over themselves to be happy with this result. They were up by two touchdowns and slowly lost it all like always! Nothing is different. Hell the game against NIU last year had a similar score!! The new era is looking bright my rear end!!!!!! poo poo fuckers feel nice about this loving terrible game keep sucking up like you do to the poo poo rear end basketball coach dave rice. it's a loving loss!! "oh but they were underdogs!!" yeah and they had a chance at the game and pissed it away with the same mistakes they always make and the same fatigue they always have. gently caress these stupid rear end everyting with atheletics it's all bad. "oh they chose to fight when it looked like it was all going to poo poo" WOW how great what did that get them? losing by 8 because they were bad previously in the game to only get loving field goals!!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ncaa do the right thing and step in and end the program

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Our D-Line is poised to eat people. And they're young.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Strong doing the post-game interview after Texas/ND. It sounds like Jerrod Heard could have played more, but chose not to after getting the wind knocked out of him, so we got treated to that Tyrone Swoopes disaster instead.

This needs to be in the OP and I can't believe it's not already.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 6, 2015

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The huskers are bad. The defense loving sucks poo poo and the o-line is trash. I feel bad for the handful of good players that try hard to help the team. They deserve better.

Looking at the schedule, there are barely any games that make me think, "OK, yeah, that's a guaranteed win."

I miss Abdullah.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All of Georgia Tech's good stats from this week are completely meaningless because our opponent was FCS, but we did score 69 points, and that's what's important.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Michigan State looked worse than I'm comfortable with, but good enough that I'm not horribly worried. Our kick coverage was a literal abortion though!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The huskers are bad. The defense loving sucks poo poo and the o-line is trash. I feel bad for the handful of good players that try hard to help the team. They deserve better.

Looking at the schedule, there are barely any games that make me think, "OK, yeah, that's a guaranteed win."

I miss Abdullah.

The Big Ten West goes through Evanston

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Michigan and Penn State are gonna drink behind the shed, cry, and then slowly begin to explore each other's bodies

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Michigan and Penn State are gonna drink behind the shed, cry, and then slowly begin to explore each other's bodies

that doesnt happen until november 21

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It was nice to see Notre Dame beat up a big name opponent and all but oh my god did Texas look bad. There are not enough words to describe how uninterested they looked on offense. I honestly had the feeling that their starting O could have played 10 quarters against ND's starting D and they wouldn't have gotten into the endzone. I feel bad for that fanbase because I can't see that team being very good this season.

Also at this point my hatred for Penn State has faded enough that I don't cheer against them for the sake of doing so but it was pretty loving cool to see Temple, a school 60 miles from my house and a place I've spent countless drunken weekends, beat up on the state's powerhouse. Temple has a good squad this season and I'd love to see them bring competitive D1 football back to Philly. They could probably gently caress up Texas to be honest.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Ty1990 posted:

It was nice to see Notre Dame beat up a big name opponent and all

:lol: Even "Texas" is losing its luster in case you haven't noticed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How old is Michigan?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

can nebraska join in

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Most of the games today were boring or had super wet fart endings (RIP Kansas) but the end of the BYU game was hilarious and reminded me why I love football

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

:lol: Even "Texas" is losing its luster in case you haven't noticed.

Not a good team but if you reversed the score people would be making GBS threads on ND and UT fans would be howling. They're bad but beating Texas by 35 is still beating Texas by 35. Same goes for LSU, Bama, OSU, etc.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

Not a good team but if you reversed the score people would be making GBS threads on ND and UT fans would be howling. They're bad but beating Texas by 35 is still beating Texas by 35. Same goes for LSU, Bama, OSU, etc.

No, it's not the same thing. UT is & has been a bad football team for awhile.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Kansas State pitches a shutout (even if it is to South Dakota).
A Jayhawk sucks a dick in the Kansas State halftime show.
Kansas loses in the most hilariously Kansas way possible to South Dakota State.

It is already a good season.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Unhappy but not hopelessly so. I feel better about this team than I did after last year's McNeese State game, but only time will tell whether this team has momentum to improve or end up with a 6 or 7 win season.

Regardless, gently caress This Gay Earth and Long Live Wheez.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa State actually looks improved. We might win a Big 12 game :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

competitive D1 football back to Philly.

In order to bring it back, it would have had to been there in the first place

• Locked thread