Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They should at least have the decency to put a 'y'all' after the roll tide tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
*the florida man rub hands together deviously* I'm about to go hard, we gon dominate the whole Atlantic coast!!! *devises plans to steal all copies of DVD copies of scarface and green fried tomatoes from stoned teenagers and literal retired grandmothers in the area*

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Roasted Donut posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioMocciaNMSU/status/640376053387632640

yall loving florida pieces of poo poo stole new mexico state's poo poo, who are the team that had to ask for literal grandma's to make them lunches during camp because they had no money. yall stole the grandmas dvd copies of legally blonde and bridget jones' diary

classless

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Roasted Donut posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioMocciaNMSU/status/640376053387632640

yall loving florida pieces of poo poo stole new mexico state's poo poo, who are the team that had to ask for literal grandma's to make them lunches during camp because they had no money. yall stole the grandmas dvd copies of legally blonde and bridget jones' diary

Now you see why Florida refuses to leave the state to play an OOC game.

But really though, that state is just the worst.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Typical Mizzou stuff. Mauk is still not very good and Lock is probably good. It was good seeing him play a bit today but I'm sure if we ever really need him to take over, Mauk will inexplicably be left in because Mizzou. Go the Cougs bitch, RIP wheez.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky tried really hard to be Kentucky but failed even at that and won the game anyway.

Boom Williams went 75 yards for a TD on the first play from scrimmage. Mikel Horton ran over some guys for the final winning TD. Offense looked good for most of the game, especially the first half. Defense really looked gassed in the second half though. Really shows the lack of depth on that side of the ball. Credit to the Ragin Cajuns for staying in it though. Just glad it's a win.

Also

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Long-winded butthurt masquerading as thoughtful commentary is much worse than low-content posting IMO.

i think you meant to say

roll tide

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I don't like Auburn but we can be friends if you want.

Its way too early and it was basically a rent-a-rout game but I think Georgia's got a RB trio capable of running on anybody in the country, including Bama. Chubb did his thing but Sony Michel looked very good and Keith Marshall seems to be back to form.

I ain't no Auburn fan, just a Cam fan

my college football allegiances drift like the endless seas

e: actually wait i go to a college with a football team now GO MONTCLAIR STATE REDHAWKS

e2:gently caress WE LOST TO DELAWARE VALLEY

Alaois fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 6, 2015

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Bob Stitt and Montana lost to Cal Poly (an okay but not great FCS team) by a score of 20-19 today. Something to keep an eye on?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Mississippi State won in the most Mississippi State fashion

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Dalmuti posted:

Mississippi State won in the most Mississippi State fashion

They finally broke someone's leg?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Heaf posted:

Bob Stitt and Montana lost to Cal Poly (an okay but not great FCS team) by a score of 20-19 today. Something to keep an eye on?

wait, Montana played again already :psyduck:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Welp. We're still loving terrible. Maybe even worse than last year. I thought Joe Wickline might cobble together a halfway competent offensive line since his whole deal is cobbling together competent offensive lines out of garbage players, but I guess it wasn't to be.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Southern Miss lost BUT:

This is the best southern miss team to take the field since 2011
MS State was actively trying to break legs

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
All I'm saying is maroon is the color of dried blood, your honor

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I sincerely hope A&Ms Dline continues to murder people because that was great.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
All three remaining Rutgers OOC opponents (Wazzu, Army, and Kansas) lost to FCS teams today. I'm still deathly afraid of Wazzu due to our entire secondary being led away in handcuffs from our training facilities four days ago and all. But still, gotta love PSU having probably their worst loss in a decade and Michigan/Nebraska looking bad.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Mahoning posted:

No, you see, Notre Dame fans are excited because they beat a team badly that they were supposed to beat badly. Notre Dame fans are used to either losing in embarrassing fashion a game that should've been over at halftime, or squeaking by.

So, the team meeting expectations is, in fact, newsworthy.

It's a glimmer of hope that things will be different this time™

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sash! posted:

I never said anything about national championships. I'm talking about winning games period. Temple, for instance, has lost 57 percent of all the games it's ever played, won one conference championship ever (1967),and has been to four bowls (1934, 1979, 2009, 2011). They got kicked out of the Big East! They went 14-80 in conference during that time.

Is it that insane to suggest that teams like Temple could possibly benefit from shifting from the bottom third of FBS to possibly being the top third of FCS?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I didn't watch the Penn State game because it was Penn State, but is this going to finally derail the incredibly stupid "Christian Hackenberg as #1 pick" hype train that made no sense even during the offseason?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OU gonna win a natty this year. Feel free to quote this as a good prediction in a few months.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Incoherence posted:

I didn't watch the Penn State game because it was Penn State, but is this going to finally derail the incredibly stupid "Christian Hackenberg as #1 pick" hype train that made no sense even during the offseason?

Yeah, even with no o-line help he was pure dogshit

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

VDay posted:

I like that after hyping us all offseason a bunch of experts are immediately off the Pac-12 bandwagon because ASU and Stanford lost.

Haha, too bad the huskies lost too but I love seeing Stanford lose.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Incoherence posted:

probably not because it's the same retards who said blaine gabbert would be a good pro, i.e. people that love the draft but have never watched a single college game veer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Went to a NAIA game today. It was not good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'd make fun of Penn State, but we got this big Rice test coming up next week, and I don't want to tip karma against us.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Incoherence posted:

Found out that the only reason Rice was playing (and routing) a mediocre FCS team is because UAB dropped out of football and Wagner was the replacement they could find on short notice.

:smith:

Rice fans are currently daring to dream about maybe beating Texas next week, although I am highly skeptical.

Don't be. :smith:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Football is dumb. Texas fans deserve every second of this for throwing an old man out on his rear end instead of enjoying a decade long retirement party of 8 and 9 win seasons.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I still can't believe how unbelievably bad Nebraska's defense was on that Hail Mary. There had to be at least six motherfuckers in the end zone just watching that Mormon chucklefuck catch the ball.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Zypher posted:

Football is dumb. Texas fans deserve every second of this for throwing an old man out on his rear end instead of enjoying a decade long retirement party of 8 and 9 win seasons.

You sure have a different memory of that 2012 and especially 2013 season being any fun at all, or that there was really any sign it was going to be maintained. This isn't really any different than what BYU and Ole Miss did in 2013 with the caveat that ND might actually be a pretty good team.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zypher posted:

In what world does Mack Brown add 3 wins last season?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Big Ten is gonna end up 8-6 for the opening weekend (unless Purdue sacks up or God answers my prayers and OSU loses), but it's definitely not the 6 I would have guessed on Wednesday. Minnesota, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin all taking losses early is hilarious, but Wisconsin has probably the easiest remaining schedule in the Power Five and will win their division to get walloped in the B10CG by OSU. But let's look on the bright side, the Big Ten beat such football luminaries as:

Virginia Tech
MAC team
FCS team
FCS team
FCS team
FCS team
#15 Stanford
MAC team

edit: Seriously, look at this sad poo poo:
vs. Miami (OH)
vs. Troy
vs. Hawaii
vs. Iowa
@ Nebraska
vs. Purdue
@ Illinois
vs. Rutgers
@ Maryland
vs. Northwestern
@ Minnesota

If Wisconsin doesn't win out, they should be kicked out of the Big Ten. They're not gonna see another ranked team until December.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 6, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

cougs bitch :smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Nebraska :negative:

I'm so sorry

No matter how much I try, I cannot feel sympathy for Nebraska because I am still salty over the 96 Fiesta Bowl.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Eastern Washington remains a team that no Power 5 team should schedule as they will hang 30-40 points on you, making you look bad even when you beat them by 20+. Vernon Adams looks competent and had one really, really bad pass that should have been picked but he got lucky.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Zypher posted:

some revisionist rear end history. Texas was on the decline big time, Charlie took over for when mac's lack of talent development or caring made them hit bottom.

would've liked a more competitive game, but meh. my only hopes for this season are a winning record. one loss doesn't ruin that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zypher posted:

Oh lol dude who forgot all of TFF talking about how washed up Mack Brown was the season before he was fired.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone get/make a gif of the Bowling Green defensive lineman losing a shoe and then falling over pretending to be hurt when he realized he wouldn't be able to get off the field in time?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

New angle of the K State marching band blowjob starship enterprise battling a Jayhawk

https://twitter.com/teamcatlab/status/640363598938787840

For those that somehow missed it. The proest of clicks

https://twitter.com/pufizzle/status/640335336594214913

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Big Ten is gonna end up 8-6 for the opening weekend (unless Purdue sacks up or God answers my prayers and OSU loses), but it's definitely not the 6 I would have guessed on Wednesday. Minnesota, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin all taking losses early is hilarious, but Wisconsin has probably the easiest remaining schedule in the Power Five and will win their division to get walloped in the B10CG by OSU. But let's look on the bright side, the Big Ten beat such football luminaries as:

Virginia Tech

poo poo, I came all the way down to Blacksburg and I missed the game?!?!

• Locked thread