Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
As far as I can tell that dude is not a MIT professor. I think he was an MIT undergrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Al Nipper posted:

i had a prof who swore by 'efficient' living, including a 4 hours awake/30 mins sleep cycle, and looked and acted like an absolute crazy person as a result.

there's a thin line between MIT genius and hobo making GBS threads on the sidewalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

didn't Kramer try that?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
does he have baths? or at least go to the pool or beach once a month or so?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

Beaches around Boston are trash and cold as gently caress.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Yeah dude while I'm no professional anthropologist or MIT GRADUATE I'm pretty certain "our ancestors long ago" chilled out in natural bodies of water because it cleans you off and feels good. Is this guy not just forgoing soap and stuff but washing altogether?

Whatever resources it takes to manufacture, package and ship whatever load of poo poo he wants to sell is going to heavily outweigh a short rinse-off. Good scheme... NOT

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Demonachizer posted:

He is not a professor at MIT fyi.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

pretty sure some people here, or at least TCC, have beaten that by a few years

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Whiskey Sours posted:

Maybe he sits outside when it rains.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

fivethree posted:

gee he doesnt look like his balls stink at all

My balls smell like curdled milk after a day, I bet his smell like rancid beef.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Hexel posted:

My balls smell like curdled milk after a day, I bet his smell like rancid beef.

you're disgusting

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
i'll be generous and assume that there's a limit

if you haven't showered for 3 months, you couldn't possibly smell any worse. the extra 11.75 years won't change anything

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

flesh dance posted:

Yeah dude while I'm no professional anthropologist or MIT GRADUATE I'm pretty certain "our ancestors long ago" chilled out in natural bodies of water because it cleans you off and feels good. Is this guy not just forgoing soap and stuff but washing altogether?

Whatever resources it takes to manufacture, package and ship whatever load of poo poo he wants to sell is going to heavily outweigh a short rinse-off. Good scheme... NOT

Fresh water used to be a lot more scarce in a lot of areas and the idea of wasting your drinking water on bathing was a luxury for the elite and Americans shower a lot more than the rest of the world. Both of my german teachers, one of which was a real badass 70-something german both lamented how loving gross it could be to visit germany since it was normal for people to not bathe for a week or more at a time.

Not to make excuses because you should bathe every day or more depending on your activity level.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Saw this dude mentioned on a newswire blurb; immediately knew there'd be a gbs thread about him.

At least he shaves I guess.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Phobic Nest posted:

Saw this dude mentioned on a newswire blurb; immediately knew there'd be a gbs thread about him.

At least he shaves I guess.

He doesn't shave. Hair is too afraid to grow on his face.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

hemophilia posted:

Not to make excuses because you should bathe every day or more depending on your activity level.

Maybe this guy hasn't moved in 12 years so it's totally okay!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SirEvelynTremble posted:

He doesn't shave. Hair is too afraid to grow on his face.

i used to have a patch like that.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

STEM.jpg

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

just remember the morlocks eat like kings

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

hemophilia posted:

Fresh water used to be a lot more scarce in a lot of areas and the idea of wasting your drinking water on bathing was a luxury for the elite and Americans shower a lot more than the rest of the world. Both of my german teachers, one of which was a real badass 70-something german both lamented how loving gross it could be to visit germany since it was normal for people to not bathe for a week or more at a time.

Not having the luxury of bathing back in the day is one thing, but a person living comfortably in a wealthy modern city going 12 years to prove a point that's not even a point while aiming to sell some dumb poo poo is another.

I bet he showers on the DL like a teetotaler plucking a cold one out of the toilet tank

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

What's his account name?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

evilpicard posted:

What's his account name?

StigOfTheDump

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Can't wait for Obama to kill all whites

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Showering feels good and is fun. I think it's worth doing

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

evilpicard posted:

Can't wait for Obama to squeeze all whiteheads

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's not so strange, only Americans use showers and baths after all. Literally the entirety of the rest of the world showers like, I dunno, once a month tops to conserve their water since they're all poors and bad at technology and freedom

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

You have never been in a Writing or English Lit class then. The crazy chicks that go overboard into the hippy/vegan scene don't bathe, never shave, and jfc the dreadlocks.

Sometimes you find them in Art.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
autists have an aversion to water

it is fact

he is only justifying his phobia

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
somewhere across town richard stallman stops biting his toenails and sniffs the air warily. there's a challenger, nay, a pretender to the throne

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

YA GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL
IF YOU WANNA GET IN THAT BOY'S HOLE

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Howard Beale posted:

somewhere across town richard stallman stops biting his toenails and sniffs the air warily. there's a challenger, nay, a pretender to the throne

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

LOL

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
If you go more than a day without showering you generally dont smell too nice, especially if you have a pussy.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
of COURSE this guy is a fuckin chemical engineer. Who else would be so contrarian?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
If this guy was a quiverfull it would put me over the edge.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

I literally laughed out loud to this in the company of others.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

down n out posted:

of COURSE this guy is a fuckin chemical engineer. Who else would be so contrarian?

He found a way to turn mountain dew and child molestation into (body) oil, he's just doing his job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

psyopmonkey2 posted:

loving barf.

loving :smallbarf:

• Locked thread