Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously everyone is hyped up about Star Wars Episode 7 but the original star wars was loving garbage. Like why is anyone interested in seeing another movie about some stupid kid and his pod racing career as it spins out of control? His pit crew was loving annoying as well. How many movies are they going to make about this kid trying to become the pod racing champion of the galaxy far away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

op have you ever considered the gun?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
episodes 1-3 of stars wars really sucked but they really pulled it together for episodes 4-6 when they brought in a new cast and crew and went with the old school sci fy theme. Gotta respect when someone sees whats not working and then fixes it!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

there are gonna be so many star wars threads in gbs in the coming months.

fudge

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously everyone is hyped up about Star Wars Episode 7 but the original star wars was loving garbage. Like why is anyone interested in seeing another movie about some stupid kid and his pod racing career as it spins out of control? His pit crew was loving annoying as well. How many movies are they going to make about this kid trying to become the pod racing champion of the galaxy far away?

darth mall is the only good star wars villain

i mean they couldn't think up a single other good villain in the entire original series? come on

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like the part when Anakin Skywalker, who ends up being Darth Vader, says from my point of view the Jedi are Evil. I was in my 20s when it came out but boy did that sure reveal that things aren't as black and white as one would think. A lot of gray areas in life, and Star Wars taught me that. Rly made me think

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

thats one gosh darn controversial opinion you've got there OP

i'd like to purchase it from you. how much bitcoin for the ownership rights to this really good opinion?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

musical instrument digital interface, op, hth

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kuato posted:

I like the part when Anakin Skywalker, who ends up being Darth Vader, says from my point of view the Jedi are Evil. I was in my 20s when it came out but boy did that sure reveal that things aren't as black and white as one would think. A lot of gray areas in life, and Star Wars taught me that. Rly made me think

when obi wand was all like "you were the chosen one!" to anakin on Lava World and he was like "i hate you!" and rolling around on fire i cri ed. their relationship was so well established in the previous movies that they are often cited as the best friendship ever written

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's going to be terrible.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
theres a part of me thats where ur at. peace

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
i've always preferred star trek

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
star wars is loving awesome *begins hootling n hollering"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lets just pull our floppy lightsabers out and slip slap em all over each others faces

i need someone to force choke my prostate asap

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

SLICK GOKU BABY's original troll threads sucked, so why is anyone excited for this one?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

star wars is loving awesome *begins hootin n hollerin"

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 7, 2015

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Film is going to break all kind of records. #Disney

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I genuinely lol at anyone dumb enough to like the prequels. The OT ain't any great shakes but seriously the prequels are dogshit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pawn 17 posted:

SLICK GOKU BABY's original troll threads sucked, so why is anyone excited for this one?

That is exactly the point I am making you loving stupid newbie.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

excited because im going to the premiere as george lucas. movie is probably gonna be excitingly mediocre.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

because people born in the 70s and 80s have a real hard time with letting go, no matter how awful the poo poo they are clinging to really is.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I liked what Abrams did with Star Trek, and if he just does the same kind of movie in a star-wars like setting I'll be happy to watch another fun fantasy in space movie with a good amount of action and nice secenery to look at. And while the original triology was never great in terms of story telling, it certainly set a standard for looking awesome, and I like to look at awesome looking stuff in movies, otherwise I'd just go read a book.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

as long as it has wizards in space im on board

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

After reading the thread title, I knew the OP was going to be about The Phantom Menace.

Didn't even read the whole post. Not reading the rest of the thread. k bye

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my wife had never seen the original trilogy so we watched it recently and it hit me that 4-5-6 are movies from the 70's and 80's that were made for babies

i like the idea of star wars more than the actual movies

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
As long as I can watch episode seven while slurping on a big meaty pecker, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Ehud posted:

my wife had never seen the original trilogy so we watched it recently and it hit me that 4-5-6 are movies from the 70's and 80's that were made for babies

It's called nostalgia.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
me personally i liked the fett man

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ehud posted:

Prequels are all sophisticated with Trade Federations and poo poo. The Thinking Man's Star Wars.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
use the force to suck my cock

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

I genuinely lol at anyone dumb enough to like the prequels. The OT ain't any great shakes but seriously the prequels are dogshit.

Paging Super Mechagodzilla

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My favorite moment is when Anakin talks about why he hates sand. It really makes you think.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

Paging Super Mechagodzilla

I too form my opinions solely on the basis of the Autistic Troll Prince

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
yeah why are nerds excited for a new movie intended for children, nerds hate things intended for children!!

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
what;s even more confusing is how star wars fans -hate- the phantom menace and the other prequels all becauseo f jar jar binks

jar jar binks is a good star wars character, consistent with the camp silliness of the original franchise and is no different thematically to the comical talking bear chewbacca or the funny speech impediment goblin wizard yoda, and any pretense that the original trilogy is somehow more serious, less camp or more mature in any way is nerdish pseudonostalgia for a time that never existed.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I liked Star Wars when it was called Cliched Joseph Campbell Wet Dream.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I liked Star Wars when I was 12.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwmY3SXvLxQ

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

the only thing i love more than comic book movies is star wars movies! the complex explorations of morality and the human condition really speak to me. can hardly wait for opening night, gonna buy all the merch and camp out in my chewbacca pjs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
nerds and their sar warts

• Locked thread