Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Happy Labor Day!

:siren:Special Event:siren:
:bubblewoop:Going to stream about 12 hours of Rimworld in two sessions today!:bubblewoop:

:mufasa:TWO MINUTE TRAILER I NARRATED 4 U:mufasa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfPXv0VmgWQ

This cat wrote the game and is the main dev. He's founded his company Ludeon Studios on this game.

As your colony grows and becomes more advanced, so does your technology.

This is Cassandra, the balanced AI story teller. When you play with her, the difficulty of events slowly increases over time.

Phoebe Basebuilder is for weenies who don't want to get unfairly steamrolled by advanced A.I. mechanoids when their colonists are still living in wooden huts.

This is Randy Random. He's basically.. the storyteller equivalent of playing on Hard Mode. We'll be facing a serious challenge by selecting the 2nd highest difficulty tier this session.

We'll be choosing where we land. I'm thinking Boreal Forest -- a challenging zone with cold winters and hot summers.

This is a creature you'll want to hunt for meat, lest your colonists starve!

Base defense is a very serious matter!

THE PLAN
We're going to play on hard mode yo. The colony may be wiped out but we're going to do our damndest.
1. Storyteller Randy Random: Good and bad events will happen randomly and more frequently than with any other storyteller
2. Challenge mode: Vendors will give us lower prices for our goods and be more pricey. Colonists will get cranky moods more often and there is a risk they'll go totally bonkers! Enemies will be stronger.
3. Naming colonists after viewers -- hope you survive!

tldr; Watch the trailer linked right after the first pic
Playing Rimworld on Labor Day
YoutubeGaming stream for high quality stream
Streaming Eastern Time from roughly from 8:30AM - 12PM, 2PM - 10PM. Megastream!

GO! https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCF242gZEfY0KMGi6CyKQOMA/live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope you had a good stream!

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.

Mega64 posted:

I hope you had a good stream!

I streamed for about 18 hours! It was insane. At no time did my concurrent viewers exceed 3 and for the vast majority of the time I had 1 viewer -- some kind fsoul idling my stream.

Well, no one was browsing the Rimworld section on gaming.youtube.

Thanks for the well wishes.

• Locked thread