Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Go the Cubs, vanquish the Satan's Child

Josh Donaldson has had such an insane second half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Here's a weird thing I noticed about Jose Bautista after reading a Hardball Times article recently, why is his BABIP so incredibly low for his career?

Its .233 this year and .267 for his career. It can't just be that he's slow or something, does he pop up a whole lot? I don't get it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

Does Manfred still want to make shifts illegal, or did he quietly drop it after everyone said how profoundly stupid it was?

I don't get why reverting the strike zone to pre-2013 levels is out of the question. Like, its demonstrably bigger and lower than what it was, so why go after shifts, which has been a part of baseball forever

Deathlove posted:

*licks finger, holds up to wind* dexter fowler is actually very good

he's been extremely good and I hope they can resign him for the next few years but he wont be cheap at this rate

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Dexter Fowler owns

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Hey you know that whole "The 2015 Cardinals have been stranding baserunners at historically unprecedented rates" thing, well

Thank you regression

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I still won't feel comfortable with any size lead.

After the game the Cubs lost when they took a 4-0 lead in the first inning? I wouldn't feel safe with 10 runs because the Cardinals are literally the loving Devil.

So far so good though. Nice to get into the bullpen so early in the first game of a series (though its less meaningful with expanded rosters, but still)

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

God, to the deepest part of the park. Addison Russell showing so much power potential at 21 years old.

Love this team.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This Jumbo Diaz guy, he seems to really suck

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Intentionally walking Rizzo to get to Bryant? Okay.

I love this team for this reason

Also that they have so many good positions players right now they can't fit them all in the lineup

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

God drat it, Bryant. You just made Matheny look like a competent manager. :mad:

They knew his one weakness, a high strike out.

(it also happens to be the same weakness of nearly every player on the team)

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

The Cardinals are in complete free fall mode but the Cubs are facing their most dangerous enemy, the Philadelphia Phillies, and wont be able to take advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Sydin posted:

Coghlan has turned into some kind of baseball savant today. He's normally pretty good anyway, but he's 3-for-3 with two triples, a HR, and an incredible diving catch at the wall. :allears:

He's like 4 feet away from 3 homers too

He's been a really great piece for the Cubs

• Locked thread