Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FIFA FUT PACK OPENINGS, BETTER THAN REAL LIFE according to Zotix,

Zotix posted:

Well, I don't know if EA releases the numbers but there are a poo poo ton of people buying packs. I just don't understand why when people admit to buying packs they get jumped on. There are millions of people sitting at bars right now just blowing money on alcohol. There is far less rewards for that than fifa packs. If people get entertainment out of what they get out of the packs then so be it.
More PRO CLUB details !!!

Fluo posted:

Goon proclub details ... is open to any goons who just want to play pro clubs

Club name - Parmo Reserves
Managers - Fluo
Usual play times - anytime what best works for people
Ethos - Quit getting mad at video games
PRO CLUBS (EURO) DETAILS:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Club name - Mates FC
Managers - Andre LeFuckFace, The Big Taff Man
Usual play times - anytime between 9pm GMT and Midnight GMT
T-Minus 3 Day update: FIFA 16 has claimed it's first victim,

Mr.PayDay posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3lco3f/my_81_players_after_600_packs_of_84000_fifa/
Snaphots: http://imgur.com/a/kcdkt

I spent 618 Euro = 706 US$ until yesterday. :shepspends: Last year I spent "only" ~30k points early and at least got Neymar 86, Hazard 88, Reus 86, Falcao 88, Götze 85 and Benzema 85.

I pulled 2 more informs today, unfortunately not IF Ronaldo. Because IF Ronaldo is a streamer card it seems. All 5 Fifa streams I checked have IF Ronaldo unpacked. :ortiz:

At least I got three 83+ squads (BPL, Bundesliga, Serie A)

It's that time again. The demo is being released soon. Prepare your assholes.

Release Date: September 22, 2015

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwz98athxQ8

Innovations (lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EmXnLxg5Tw

New FUT Features (draft gonna own)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzogfrv-WUw

Sights & Sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZhVMcSK9uA

Career Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3dhLjB-dU

Resources:
EASPORTS FIFA Youtube
EASPORTS FIFA Twitter
FUTHead
FUTBin

Tzen fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
How much abuse can Rutter take?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Rutters dead baby.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
im at work so i cant watch the career video. what did they change? looks like you finally have unlimited subs in friendly games.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

zooted heh posted:

im at work so i cant watch the career video. what did they change? looks like you finally have unlimited subs in friendly games.
Yeah you can do pre-season tournaments JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE, which includes the ability to have unlimited subs. The prize purse from the tourney goes to your transfer market funds. There is also player training, using up to 5 players from your squad to work on skills/etc. If you're in player mode, you have up to 5 training sessions per week which will improve your player. They said they've adjusted the prices and made the market more realistic as well.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Does this game have female teams? Not buying it then. What a joke.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

cool i fool around with career mode and try to take a diivsion 2 team up to their top division. some good changes.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Apparently nothing has changed at all in pro clubs, the menus are even exactly the same according to some streamer

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Apparently nothing has changed at all in pro clubs, the menus are even exactly the same according to some streamer

This doesn't shock me at all, but it does make me pretty sad.

Cmon EA...

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Not sure what they could really change about Pro Clubs. The gameplay will have changed, but outside of that? Maybe being able to "create" your virtual team mates, or buy players using coins from winning tournaments so you can have say messi on your side.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

Not sure what they could really change about Pro Clubs. The gameplay will have changed, but outside of that? Maybe being able to "create" your virtual team mates, or buy players using coins from winning tournaments so you can have say messi on your side.

They could take a stab at actually doing the stuff they said they were gonna do with the mode when they originally created it, for one.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-16/32335-fifa-pro-clubs-the-forgotten-mode, for reference.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 8, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

They could take a stab at actually doing the stuff they said they were gonna do with the mode when they originally created it, for one.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-16/32335-fifa-pro-clubs-the-forgotten-mode, for reference.

Your link didnt work but I found the article

"“Longer term I see the time when you have managers, an economy system whereby you might be able to buy or sell real human players online and have contracts with clubs, where playing FIFA becomes an alternate reality to the real world of football. The day will come where there are virtual equivalents of David Beckham or Ronaldinho, from different parts of the world, who are expert FIFA gamers and clubs are clamouring to recruit them to represent their side, just like the real world. Ultimately the ambition for studio is to have the best 11 English FIFA football players at each position playing against the best 11 American, German, and Italian FIFA football players at each position to actually stage a virtual world cup where you have the very best strikers, midfielders and defenders from around the world playing FIFA against each other to earn the right to be the world's best FIFA football team.” David Rutter"

That sounds hyper retarded, what people want when they play clubs is to play with people they know. Also imagine logging in and finding that because I think you're a twat Ive sold you to Soulex FC and now you're doomed to only ever play with him because you cant get out of your virtual contract.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Apparently the FUT draft is on the demo, my bet is massively increased chances of superstar players to get people more hooked onto it

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Apparently the FUT draft is on the demo, my bet is massively increased chances of superstar players to get people more hooked onto it

I think the way FUT draft is set is to give you great players every time anyway.

I think pretty much every game on the beta my team had at least one of Bale-Ronaldo-Neymar-Suarez-Messi.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

That sounds hyper retarded, what people want when they play clubs is to play with people they know. Also imagine logging in and finding that because I think you're a twat Ive sold you to Soulex FC and now you're doomed to only ever play with him because you cant get out of your virtual contract.

That sounds really awesome, actually.

Anyway, there's some other interesting ideas in that article about what they could maybe do with the mode, but I think the bottom line is it could use a shitload of improvements and changes, because the way things work currently is pretty lame. Everything from player progression to how matchmaking works to how the AI players behave is just really terrible.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I played a few seasons in manager mode with Sheffield United in 15 on the pc and it's alright but transfers and scouting sucks and for some reason all the big clubs plays with their kids even though i've won the premier league a couple of times so there might be a reputation thing like in FM?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

You're always gonna get some really good players in FUT draft basically, although the one in the demo is only working from a database of 12 teams or however many are in the demo AFAIK so it's pretty limited.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Pro Clubs makes them no extra money, if they can start charging for custom badges and better pro club computer players.. then maybe they'll do that.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Looking forward to destroying Taffman in that 1 vs 1

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Pro Clubs needs a casual practice mode so teams can mess around and try stuff out

For that matter, practice match mode needs to come back, sometimes you just want to play 11 v 4 and set up crazy goals

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And while we are at it, I'd love to play Fifa 98 indoor mode again, it's crazy the amount of time I spent there with friends.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Id never name a club after myself you kidding me? It'd be something like "what are legs? FC" or "FC robot circumcision."

Also, you should be able to buy contracts out to prevent playing with me. Which I really only do drop ins when playing pro clubs anyway. That way they do the same bullshit Taff would do except I wouldn't have to hear his high pitched giggle for 90 minutes.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

cant wait for the rage in this thread when someone gets sent to mexciana boyz fc on a transfer cuz everyone is too passive aggressive to tell someone they suck at fifa

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

zooted heh posted:

cant wait for the rage in this thread when someone gets sent to mexciana boyz fc on a transfer cuz everyone is too passive aggressive to tell someone they suck at fifa

Pretty much what it boils down to. He's holding on to poo poo years old. I tried to reconcile like three times, but he just wants to keep on hatin

Fluo
May 25, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Pro Clubs needs a casual practice mode so teams can mess around and try stuff out

For that matter, practice match mode needs to come back, sometimes you just want to play 11 v 4 and set up crazy goals

:agreed:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So is the demo out on PS4? I don't see it anywhere in the PS Store

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is definately up on Origin (PC), downloading right now to see how bad it is and how the release will play completely different to the demo.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Big Taff Man posted:

Also imagine logging in and finding that because I think you're a twat Ive sold you to Soulex FC and now you're doomed to only ever play with him because you cant get out of your virtual contract.

lol

Some top banter going on in this thread and it's only page 1. Will we get a broken fifa disc this year?

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 8, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lol

Some top banter going on in this thread and it's only page 1. Will we get a broken fifa disc this year?

Nope. I'm done with the meltdowns, buy my games digitally, and largely give no fucks about this iteration of FIFA. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but the Taken King comes out next week and that will have my priority.

I wasn't impressed with the beta and unless the demo/actual game plays 100% different, I doubt I'll get it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Soulex posted:

Nope. I'm done with the meltdowns, buy my games digitally,

I'll be awaiting a smashed monitor

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Soulex posted:

Nope. I'm done with the meltdowns, buy my games digitally, and largely give no fucks about this iteration of FIFA. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but the Taken King comes out next week and that will have my priority.

I wasn't impressed with the beta and unless the demo/actual game plays 100% different, I doubt I'll get it.

loving destiny jesus christ Soulex you're embarrassing

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Stefan Prodan posted:

So is the demo out on PS4? I don't see it anywhere in the PS Store

I couldn't find it either just now

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I think it's not out yet in north america for whatever reason.

I've been playing it (on pc) and man even the extremely limited draft mode playing against the stupid AI is extremely cool.

Draft might legit be the most awesome thing they've done with the game in years.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Same thing happened last year, just make a European account, doesn't take long

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Destiny in the FIFA thread?

Mods?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They actually put more detail on Palacio's rat tail, that's a step up from Konami's Totti selfie celebration, I'll buy Fifa 16 for sure. Jokes aside, as a demo is decent and they added some cool poo poo like the spray for free kicks staying for some time on the grass and better power shots.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The demo is fine but it actually never matters because the final product is always pretty different. My only worry is I think they hosed with pace too much. I had Aubameyang and he was loving slow on the ball. Terry caught him from behind. Again actual FUT gameplay will probably be faster but all the players felt about the same speed which was annoying.

I tried the PES demo too and it was really bad. There was broken english and the menus looked looked awful. Robben looked like a cave troll and ran like he took a poo poo in his pants.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

The demo is fine but it actually never matters because the final product is always pretty different. My only worry is I think they hosed with pace too much. I had Aubameyang and he was loving slow on the ball. Terry caught him from behind. Again actual FUT gameplay will probably be faster but all the players felt about the same speed which was annoying.

I tried the PES demo too and it was really bad. There was broken english and the menus looked looked awful. Robben looked like a cave troll and ran like he took a poo poo in his pants.

What I noticed with the pace issue is that in order to actually get the full benefit of the pacy players you have to knock the ball ahead for a full out sprint.

But I mean either way it's gonna be different again in the full version so who knows.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
It is never different in the full version. Just another delusion FIFA stockholm syndrome sufferers tell themselves. Very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

What I noticed with the pace issue is that in order to actually get the full benefit of the pacy players you have to knock the ball ahead for a full out sprint.

But I mean either way it's gonna be different again in the full version so who knows.

The knock ahead feature was in previous games. Ronaldo and Aubameyang sprint dribbling shouldn't get caught by Terry.

• Locked thread