Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3lco3f/my_81_players_after_600_packs_of_84000_fifa/
Snaphots: http://imgur.com/a/kcdkt

I spent 618 Euro = 706 US$ until yesterday. :shepspends: Last year I spent "only" ~30k points early and at least got Neymar 86, Hazard 88, Reus 86, Falcao 88, Götze 85 and Benzema 85.

I pulled 2 more informs today, unfortunately not IF Ronaldo. Because IF Ronaldo is a streamer card it seems. All 5 Fifa streams I checked have IF Ronaldo unpacked. :ortiz:

At least I got three 83+ squads (BPL, Bundesliga, Serie A)

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.PayDay posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3lco3f/my_81_players_after_600_packs_of_84000_fifa/

I spent 618 Euro = 706 US$ until yesterday. :shepspends: Last year I spent "only" ~30k points early and at least got Neymar 86, Hazard 88, Reus 86, Falcao 88, Götze 85 and Benzema 85.

I pulled 2 more informs today, unfortunately not IF Ronaldo. Because IF Ronaldo is a streamer card it seems. All 5 Fifa streams I checked have IF Ronaldo unpacked. :ortiz:

Wait is that seriously you because lmao holy poo poo what is wrong with you.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mr.PayDay posted:

And so it begins.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
kill yourself if you spent that much money on fake soccer cards ffffff

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I opened about 10 packs and my best card was Joe Hart :quig:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

so if you do the draft thing do you not have to be hosed with contract cards and all this poo poo and it's a level playing field, or is it still SoccerMagic2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
You could feed some third world kid but I'm glad you spent the money on virtual soccer cards instead because gently caress humans

Reach for that Ronaldo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's good to see Germany being the motor of world economy.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Stefan Prodan posted:

You could feed some third world kid but I'm glad you spent the money on virtual soccer cards instead because gently caress humans

Reach for that Ronaldo

Actually its good that third worlders starve. Malthus was right

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Poster in germany whos spent a lot on Fifa?

You're fooling no one Soulex. Post under your normal account.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Stefan Prodan posted:

Reach for that Ronaldo

I actually have a sponsorship of "Save the Children", I am member of the Deutches Rotes Kreuz and I suggest you eat your trolling flame, buddy.
My Hearthstone spendings surpass my Fifa spendings by far. I just bought another 12000 points.

Sitting on 2200 contracts is fun by the way. :D

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

Poster in germany whos spent a lot on Fifa?

You're fooling no one Soulex. Post under your normal account.

Check the PC Club Leaderboard ;)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.PayDay posted:

I actually have a sponsorship of "Save the Children", I am member of the Deutches Rotes Kreuz and I suggest you eat your trolling flame, buddy.
My Hearthstone spendings surpass my Fifa spendings by far. I just bought another 12000 points.

None of that changes that you're an insane moron literally throwing hundreds at lottery tickets whose expected payout, up front and in your face, is nothing.

Like, yes, people can spend their money how they want, but they should also expect to be laughed at and called an idiot when they're literally doing worse than just straight up lighting it on fire (since that actually provides some light and warmth, even if it is temporary)

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Well, I have fun in spending my disposable income for Games, Micro Transactions and my Hardware.
My result of 600 packs may or may not help for decisions regarding pack buying.
It's amusing tho beeing called a moron because I do what others don't like or can't.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.PayDay posted:

Well, I have fun in spending my disposable income for Games, Micro Transactions and my Hardware.
It's amusing tho beeing called a moron because I do what others don't like or can't.

No we're calling you a moron because what you did was dumb. Even if I could spend 700 dollars on fifa points (and i'm sure there's enough people in this thread that could), I wouldn't, because it's incredibly stupid.

Never buy packs.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Congrats on literally throwing away money Mr.PayDay - You're added to the OP.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Like if I were to buy $700 worth of post it notes I would expect to be called an idiot. I could say something like "I enjoy spending my money on post it notes, I even got some sweet ones that are gold colored!", but that wouldn't change the fact I wasted $700.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RCarr posted:

Like if I were to buy $700 worth of post it notes I would expect to be called an idiot. I could say something like "I enjoy spending my money on post it notes, I even got some sweet ones that are gold colored!", but that wouldn't change the fact I wasted $700.

I got an inform post it though so it was all worth it!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mr.PayDay posted:

Great username/post combo.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

I'd call you a moron just for using "tho"

However you're a bigger moron for coming into this forum and expecting praise and adulation for spending $700 on virtual Pokemon cards

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My god the salt is so loving real in this thread. Why is it okay to buy packs in hearthstone, but not in this game? I haven't seen a single person rip people up in that thread for buying packs. The day the expansion came out it was tons of people buying packs. Here it's like you are a poo poo head if you don't play the game the way other people expect you to.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's because Hearthstone is a card game first, and free to play.

FUT sent FIFA in the wrong direction, and since it's a cash cow because of turds like PayDay, now a ton of the incremental changes every year focus on it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Zotix posted:

My god the salt is so loving real in this thread. Why is it okay to buy packs in hearthstone, but not in this game? I haven't seen a single person rip people up in that thread for buying packs. The day the expansion came out it was tons of people buying packs. Here it's like you are a poo poo head if you don't play the game the way other people expect you to.

I don't know much about hearthstone, but the odds of using any of the cards you open in FIFA is like 10% and they literally become entirely useless when you inevitably stop playing the game in 4-5 months or when the next cycle of the game comes out (1 year). I don't mind that he spent his disposable income on virtual cards in FIFA, as long as he knows it was indeed a waste of money. It's just a dumb thing to do. But from the looks of it, $700 is chump change to Mr. PayDay.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zotix posted:

It's loving dumb in hearthstone too, so that only proves that hearthstone goons are idiots.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Paying for packs is my shortcut: I can play right from the start with my own UT and Squads I otherwise would have to build over many weeks or even months. I dont want to invest Time in trading but playing.
I read that some web App traders needed 4 days and Nights just for 50k gold.
Do you call THIS "waste"?
Because for me trading would be waste of Time.
Depends on how you value your own ressources. I got "more" money than spare time.
I invest in my Personal time to play and beeing independent. This worth my money. I can afford spending stupid amounts of money in virtual bullshit. Because it is fun for me.

You can disagree or simply STFU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Heaethstone might be free to play but if you think you can pick the game up at this point and be competitive without time or money or lots of face Hunter, you are wrong. Criticizing someone for playing how they want to play is such a stupid and childish thing. I see the rates are poo poo myself and will only drop $60 before the first happy hour, but that is just me. If he has the disposable income it is what it is. It's no different than two $300 nights at the bar.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.PayDay posted:

Paying for packs is my shortcut: I can play right from the start with my own UT and Squads I otherwise would have to build over many weeks or even months. I dont want to invest Time in trading but playing.
Depends on how you value your own ressources. I got "more" money than spare time.
I invest in my Personal time to play and beeing independent. This worth my money. I can afford spending stupid amounts of money in virtual bullshit. Because it is fun for me.

It's not because it's a waste, buying and playing videogames is inherently a waste, it's because it's loving stupid. Its like spending your money gambling at a table you know is rigged because you just enjoy gambling. You're addicted to gambling and you're an idiot for playing a rigged game.

Don't buy packs kids.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Mr.PayDay posted:

Sounds like your just bad at the game and trying to make up for your inadequacies, imo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If he spends $700 on Fifa Pokemons, imagine all the other poo poo he buys.

Dude is driving around a Ferrari and living in a penthouse in Manhattan. Probably vacations in Hawaii for a few months a year. Life is good for Mr.PayDay.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 19, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RCarr posted:

If he spends $700 on Fifa Pokemons, imagine all the other poo poo he buys.

Dude is driving around a Ferrari and living in a penthouse in Manhattan. Probably vacations in Hawaii for a few months a year. Life is good for Mr.PayDay.

He probably lives in a hut in a swamp and lives off welfare tbh, that's what I do more or less.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wait wait wait

You're telling me this dude isn't filthy rich, and is instead poorly managing his money?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Rename Mr Payday Herr Zahltag

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth I would make fun of anyone spending a lot of real money on hearthstone packs also but this is worse for the reasons stated and you should expect to get made fun of

BTW you could have spent $700 on coins and had any player you'd possibly ever want, that's also why this is dumb and you are dumb.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

Rename Mr Payday Herr Zahltag

loving lol.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm going to spend $100 on packs right now just to show you how stupid you are

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

So if I send some money to charity no one will mind if I just set $1000 on fire, right? I'm already helping people so it doesn't matter if I literally just waste tons of money that would really help because I already helped some

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mr.PayDay posted:

I got 50k in coins working the market and didn't have to spend 4 straight days and nights on my computer. Is this a waste? Oh, I also didn't have to spend seven hundred god drat dollars either.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

fut is the loving worst so thanks for proving EA right by making fifa a stock market simulator for idiot bitches.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine all the clicking that occurred after purchasing $700 worth of packs, assigning all those cards to his club.

Then after that, dude makes a smug post on here and on Reddit, crowing about his big haul of virtual Pokemon cards. Then after that, he is surprised that nobody here gives a poo poo apart from the fact that he's hilariously retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

loving lol dude spent 700 bucks to play fifa 16 im considering not buying it for 60.

• Locked thread