Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Snagged Brees in the 6th, value felt too good to ignore, I then grabbed Bradford in the 12th once again because I couldn't leave value like that on the board. I don't usually roster 2 QBs and this is why. Do you guys go

Brees @ ARI

or

Bradford @ ATL

Hopefully Brees is far enough from stud status I don't get mocked. ATL has a tougher D and ATL is a gong show.

When in doubt aboard chip's wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Flex Options, 0 PPR Standard Scoring

Markus Wheaton Pit WR
Stevie Johnson SD WR
Dion Jordan NE RB

Was thinking Wheaton originally but with all this talk of massive storms I'm beginning to feel like that may be a poor decision?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Hey guys, i'm seriously considering benching Luck in the first week. Bills defense looks legit and Sexy Rexy loves to call blitzes all day, erry day.

My back-up is Phillip Rivers at home against the Lions. I know Luck is almost a lock to be a top 3 Qb for the year, however i think he starts slow this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

Flex Options, 0 PPR Standard Scoring

Markus Wheaton Pit WR
Stevie Johnson SD WR
Dion Jordan NE RB

Was thinking Wheaton originally but with all this talk of massive storms I'm beginning to feel like that may be a poor decision?

I like Stevie the most out of your choices. However, I imagine Pitt is going to chuck it non-stop tomorrow.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

chilihead posted:

Hey guys, i'm seriously considering benching Luck in the first week. Bills defense looks legit and Sexy Rexy loves to call blitzes all day, erry day.

My back-up is Phillip Rivers at home against the Lions. I know Luck is almost a lock to be a top 3 Qb for the year, however i think he starts slow this year.

Don't sit your studs. You drafted Luck to play him every week, you don't even need to be rostering a back up.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
I've currently got the Cardinals DST in for this week, but I'm wondering if any of these other teams are a better choice? I don't mind streaming DSTs if need be, as i don't like their matchup against the Saints?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Now that in the last 24 hours there have been two sources claiming Randle is the starter and 2 claiming DMC is the starter I'm thinking of just avoiding the situation. Who would you start as your RB2?

Randle v NYG
McFadden v NYG
Blue v KC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

Now that in the last 24 hours there have been two sources claiming Randle is the starter and 2 claiming DMC is the starter I'm thinking of just avoiding the situation. Who would you start as your RB2?

Randle v NYG
McFadden v NYG
Blue v KC

I'm in the same boat. I'd rather wait till game day and roll with whoever Dallas says is starting than play Blue.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR.

Need a flex.

TJ Yeldon vs Carolina
Alfred Blue vs KC
Stevie Johnson vs Det
Charles Johnson @ SF
Kendall Wright @ TB

Yeldon against a solid D in his first game scares me. Blue will get touches but he blows. Kinda leaning Charles Johnson. Thoughts?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I like Charles Johnson

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Skull Knight posted:

I've currently got the Cardinals DST in for this week, but I'm wondering if any of these other teams are a better choice? I don't mind streaming DSTs if need be, as i don't like their matchup against the Saints?

Vikings, Bucs, and Colts are all much much better options. If you don't want to stream, the Colts have a nice 4 game stretch to start the year, but Vikings and Bucs will likely be better week 1.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Skull Knight posted:

I'd go with TB playing the titans personally

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Standard scoring, no PPR, trying to figure out who I want for my flex spot:

Brandon Marshall (vs. Cleveland)
Kenny Stills (vs. Washington)

Kinda leaning towards Stills but I'm just not sure and thought I'd get a second opinion.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I'd rather have Marshall

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Any opinions on TJ Yeldon (vs Car) or Isaiah Crowell (vs Jets) in a standard scoring no PPR league?

I've got Yeldon in there right now because I feel like he'll get a lot of touches but playing against the Panthers in his first game has me a little worried. Then again, putting any faith in the Browns to do anything worthwhile is probably not smart.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SweetJahasus posted:

Any opinions on TJ Yeldon (vs Car) or Isaiah Crowell (vs Jets) in a standard scoring no PPR league?

I've got Yeldon in there right now because I feel like he'll get a lot of touches but playing against the Panthers in his first game has me a little worried. Then again, putting any faith in the Browns to do anything worthwhile is probably not smart.

Crowell against the Jets is a tougher match up, and Duke Johnson could take carries too. I'd for sure go with Yeldon here.

ZIGfried posted:

I'd rather have Marshall

Agreed

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Don't sit your studs. You drafted Luck to play him every week, you don't even need to be rostering a back up.

They forgot to put "Don't sit your studs" in the thread title :(

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
WDIS in my flex spot. 1 ppr league

Isaiah Crowell @ NYJ
Joseph Randle vs NYG
John Brown VS NO
Kendall Wright @ TB

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Skull Knight posted:

Vikings, Browns, Bucs are streaming options this week.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reik posted:

They forgot to put "Don't sit your studs" in the thread title :(

:tipshat:

added

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
0ppr standard TE choices:

HAVE:
Dwayne Allen @ BUF

FA:
Richard Rodgers @ CHI
Fleener @ BUF
Ebron @ SD
Chandler vs PIT
Fuller list:
I would be dropping Allen for one of those if they might do better. Here's to a season of TE3/4 streaming :shepicide:

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 9, 2015

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the feedback; Vikings it is. I'd have gone with the Colts, but I think McCoy will be playing...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

0ppr standard TE choices:

HAVE:
Dwayne Allen @ BUF

FA:
Richard Rodgers @ CHI
Fleener @ BUF
Ebron @ SD
Chandler vs PIT
Fuller list:
I would be dropping Allen for one of those if they might do better. Here's to a season of TE3/4 streaming :shepicide:

Nah, keep Allen. Rodgers is the next best option this week, but he's like a poor man's version of Allen: low volume and extremely TD dependent. Difference is Allen should have slightly better volume and chance of a TD.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
My WR's are driving me nuts. (Also a weak spot because we drafted before the Jordy injury)

.75 PPR, pick 3, my current choices in bold:

A. Robinson vs CAR
S. Watkins vs IND
J. Brown vs NO

S. Johnson vs DET
M. Wallace @ SF
B. Coleman @ AZ

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hixalot posted:

My WR's are driving me nuts. (Also a weak spot because we drafted before the Jordy injury)

.75 PPR, pick 3, my current choices in bold:

A. Robinson vs CAR
S. Watkins vs IND
J. Brown vs NO

S. Johnson vs DET
M. Wallace @ SF
B. Coleman @ AZ

Your choices look good. If Stevie gets a lot of looks this week, you can bump him up and play the better match ups between him, Watkins, and Brown.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

RVProfootballer posted:

Your choices look good. If Stevie gets a lot of looks this week, you can bump him up and play the better match ups between him, Watkins, and Brown.

I agree.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I have Dez as my WR1 but having trouble deciding between WR2. Should I go Devante Adams (against Chicago) or Larry Fitzgerald (against New Orleans)? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
Standard scoring, 0 PPR

WR
Odell
Keenan Allen
Steve Smith, Sr.

Boldin
Stevie

RB
Hill
Yeldon
Murray

Gordon
Vereen

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Is that Yeldon in the flex or do you have to start 3 and 3? Because even though it's not PPR, I would give some serious thought to starting Stevie (or Vereen if you're a gambler :getin: ) over him.

FWIW, I think all of those plays are somewhat dicey in 0PPR. Rest of the roster is spot on though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Markus Wheaton Pit - WR
Thu 7:30 pm @ NE

or

Allen Robinson Jax - WR
Sun 12:00 pm vs Car

and lessor or

Tyler Lockett Sea - WR
Sun 12:00 pm @ StL

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VietCampo posted:

Markus Wheaton Pit - WR
Thu 7:30 pm @ NE

or

Allen Robinson Jax - WR
Sun 12:00 pm vs Car

and lessor or

Tyler Lockett Sea - WR
Sun 12:00 pm @ StL

Robinson for sure. Pittsburgh is desperately trying to whip up Wheaton hype, but I'll believe it when he actually shows something.

Don't start Lockett until we see how the Seahawks will use him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

I have Dez as my WR1 but having trouble deciding between WR2. Should I go Devante Adams (against Chicago) or Larry Fitzgerald (against New Orleans)? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Gonna have to agree with you. Fitz is healthy and Michael Floyd is not going to be at 100% with what he went through with his fingers.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Is that Yeldon in the flex or do you have to start 3 and 3? Because even though it's not PPR, I would give some serious thought to starting Stevie (or Vereen if you're a gambler :getin: ) over him.

FWIW, I think all of those plays are somewhat dicey in 0PPR. Rest of the roster is spot on though.

It's a 3 WR 2 RB 1 Flex situation. I'm just not sold on Yeldon or Gordon doing well the first week and Stevie I know only a little about. Once Bell comes back I'll be solid in the RB position.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
1 PPR, need to decide who to start in my 2nd flex spot

John Brown vs. NO
Kendall Wright vs. Tampa Bay
Tevin Coleman vs. PHI

I've already got 3 WRs in play with ODB, Megatron, and Mike Evans as my first flex, while my starting RBs are Gore and Murray. Thoughts?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Standard scoring, 0 PPR

WR2
Keenan Allen vs Det

Flex
DeSean Jackson vs Mia

Bench
Larry Fitzgerald vs NO

Stand pat or shuffle them around?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Eternal Hobo posted:

It's a 3 WR 2 RB 1 Flex situation. I'm just not sold on Yeldon or Gordon doing well the first week and Stevie I know only a little about. Once Bell comes back I'll be solid in the RB position.

You basically need one of those three to either get a ton of yards or a TD because it's not likely either will have a shot at both. Yeldon is probably most likely to score, but I can see him having a rough go of it; Stevie is the second most likely to score, but is the most likely to rack up yards and could score you 7-11 points there alone, with a potential TD being gravy; Vereen is the wildcard, he's the least likely to score, but with the Giants likely destined for a shootout, he's probably got just as much chance as scoring 2 points as he does taking two screen passes to the house.

So basically, I feel that Johnson has the floor and Vereen has the ceiling, even though 0PPR favors neither; Yeldon is TD(s) or bust.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Who sits in 1PPR?

Sammy Watkins vs IND
Stevie Johnson vs DET
DeAngelo Williams @ NE

I'm the Bell owner and got Williams in the 15th in a 12 team so I mean...this is like the reason I made the pick. But bleh.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

Who sits in 1PPR?

Sammy Watkins vs IND
Stevie Johnson vs DET
DeAngelo Williams @ NE

I'm the Bell owner and got Williams in the 15th in a 12 team so I mean...this is like the reason I made the pick. But bleh.

Williams is the super easy sit decision

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

e: nevermind

weekly font fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swarmin Swedes