Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Full PPR, deep benches in a dynasty league... Have to go with Wheaton tonight, right?

Pick 1:

Markus Wheaton @ NE (opportunity there with no Bell and no Bryant, but he's also garbage)

Rueben Randle @ DAL (Cruz probably not playing)
Devin Funchess @ JAC (had some lingering injuries, usage uncertain, he might not actually be any good)
Allen Hurns v CAR (JThomas out, Marqise Lee probably not playing)
Brandon Coleman @ ARI (total dart throw)
DeVante Parker @ WAS (not worth starting yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I have something I think I know the answer to, but humor me:
Luck @ Buf or Tannehill @ Wash? Yes, yes, ANDREW LUCK and all that, but Tannehills is going against the worst secondary in the league bar none and Buffalo is stout as gently caress defensively. I'm leaning toward Luck but am I crazy for even considering this?

I'd take Murray.

You're not crazy. Still, don't sit your studs, start Luck but be prepared for the possibility it turns out the other way.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I'm starting Scott Chandler tonight and none of you can talk me out of it. :colbert:

This isn't a question so much as an announcement.

Though if anybody else is wondering if they should start Scott Chandler tonight over literally anybody, the answer is definitively "no".

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
My gut tells me to start Murray over Ivory this week so let's hope it's right and not just Taco Bell

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

a shameful boehner posted:

My gut tells me to start Murray over Ivory this week so let's hope it's right and not just Taco Bell

DeMarco Murray? This is a no brainer. Murray all the way.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Malloreon posted:

Latavius.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Malloreon posted:

LMurray.

Flip a coin, really. If it were me I'd probably go Ivory but it's almost 50/50.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Latavius Pro: Had an excellent end of season last year, playing at home, Cinci's run D is/was horrible, likely to get the ball a lot especially if the Raiders can build a lead
Latavius Con: Plays for the Raiders

Ivory Pro: Playing at home, Cleveland has a mediocre run D, Fitzpatrick is going to be handing the ball off a lot, Chan Gailey offense
Ivory Con: Plays for the Jets

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd go Ivory, fwiw. Close, but I think Ivory is safer and has just about as much upside as Murray. Smaller chance of the Raiders being up on Cinci and running the clock than Jets being up on Cleveland, yeah? Game script isn't going to favor either of them too much this year, but Ivory more often.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Woodhead or DeAngelo Williams in full PPR? Thinking Woodhead as he should have a really safe floor with Gordon being iffy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR. Larry Donnel vs Dallas or Heath Miller vs NE? FP says Donnel.

I'd go Miller here. No Bell, no Bryant. It's gonna be AB & Miller show

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
.5 PPR, Pick 2

Jonathan Stewart @ JAX
Doug Martin vs TEN
Julian Edelman vs PIT
Andre Johnson @ BUF
Devanta Adams @ CHI
Sammy Watkins vs IND

Leaning Stewart and Edelman

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Welp, never thought I'd be asking this.

Currently starting Roethlisberger @ NE. Double dip with Antonio.

Any reason to bench him and start Peyton vs. BAL instead?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ben vs Dalton?

Foxboro will be wet, probably with light rain. Ben is missing Martavis, his center, and his all-world RB. Light rain is apparently really bad for offense: http://www.nflstatsblog.com/2011/08/myth-1-bad-weather-affects-score.html

NFL lines (line plus O/U comparison) have CIN scoring 1.5 points more than PIT this week.

Dalton is fully locked and loaded with a healthy offense against last year's pathetic OAK defense, in a good weather game. Both teams are on the road, but NEP's crowd will undoubtedly be much more energetic than OAK's. Both NEP and OAK have a good front four and weak secondary.

Actually leaning Dalton.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
PPR League 1:
Eddie Royal or Nelson Agholor

PPR League 2:
Danny Woodhead or Stevie Johnson

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Spoeank posted:

I'd go Miller here. No Bell, no Bryant. It's gonna be AB & Miller show

I had to make the same decision and went With Donnell. Also in the mix: Dwayne Allen.

Hmmm

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rick Grimes posted:

Welp, never thought I'd be asking this.

Currently starting Roethlisberger @ NE. Double dip with Antonio.

Any reason to bench him and start Peyton vs. BAL instead?

Nope

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

pmchem posted:

Ben vs Dalton?

Foxboro will be wet, probably with light rain. Ben is missing Martavis, his center, and his all-world RB. Light rain is apparently really bad for offense: http://www.nflstatsblog.com/2011/08/myth-1-bad-weather-affects-score.html

NFL lines (line plus O/U comparison) have CIN scoring 1.5 points more than PIT this week.

Dalton is fully locked and loaded with a healthy offense against last year's pathetic OAK defense, in a good weather game. Both teams are on the road, but NEP's crowd will undoubtedly be much more energetic than OAK's. Both NEP and OAK have a good front four and weak secondary.

Actually leaning Dalton.

Don't do this

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5ppr, 10 team

Flex

Amendola vPit
Agholor @Atl <---my new decision. Sounds good?
Abdullah @SD

I feel like Amendola is a sneaky WR1 this week but Agholor has a nice shootout. AA probably also has a great floor/ceiling but runs the risk of sitting behind a healthy Joique all game.

It might seem like I'm getting cute but with Jordy out, Spiller hurt, and L Bell suspended, my original game plan is out the window.

edit-
RB: McCoy, Doug
WR: AB, Hopkins, Cooper

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 11, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Ben vs Dalton?

Actually leaning Dalton.

lol, overthinking it a little, I see :)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
With no Spiller this week, who do I go with at RB2 in a .5 PPR?

Woodhead vs. DET
Dunbar vs. NYG
Kill myself with seppuku

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Woodhead vs. DET
Dunbar vs. NYG
Kill myself with seppuku

I mean, if those are really your options, Woodhead is 100% for sure the right choice. SD has been talking up a straight up RBBC, not just Woodhead occasionally spelling Gordon. Dunbar is going to be warming the bench.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Woodhead vs. DET
Dunbar vs. NYG
Kill myself with seppuku

Seppuku but if you chicken out Woodhead is a fine alternative

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That's what I figured but I have visions of Dunbar getting some 3rd down work in a shootout and taking two screens to the house and me feeling like a moron

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

That's what I figured but I have visions of Dunbar getting some 3rd down work in a shootout and taking two screens to the house and me feeling like a moron

cut back on the peyote

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You don't know my life.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Gore @ BUF or Crowell @ NYJ in .25 PPR.

Just saw the news out of Indy that says Gore is going to be on a "pitch count" of sorts early in the season to preserve him for a playoff run, and he's up against the Buffalo D this week. Crowell looks to get a good majority of work this week, and the Jets D is good but no Sheldon Richardson this week.

Starting 3 WR/2 RB/1 Flex and I currently have

WR: Maclin, Cooks, and A. Brown
RB: Forsett, Gore
Flex: Boldin

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Woodhead vs. DET
Dunbar vs. NYG
Kill myself with seppuku

How are those your RB2 options already? Spiller obviously, but did you draft Foster too for later? That's a rough RB group.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Combo posted:

Gore @ BUF or Crowell @ NYJ in .25 PPR.

Just saw the news out of Indy that says Gore is going to be on a "pitch count" of sorts early in the season to preserve him for a playoff run, and he's up against the Buffalo D this week. Crowell looks to get a good majority of work this week, and the Jets D is good but no Sheldon Richardson this week.

Starting 3 WR/2 RB/1 Flex and I currently have

WR: Maclin, Cooks, and A. Brown
RB: Forsett, Gore
Flex: Boldin

I'm rolling out Gore, despite being slightly nervous like you. Crowell has not been super impressive, and Duke Johnson is looking to be healthy and is being talked up by the coach.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm rolling out Gore, despite being slightly nervous like you. Crowell has not been super impressive, and Duke Johnson is looking to be healthy and is being talked up by the coach.

Gore won't even need 10 touches to make something happen running without a stacked box for the first time in over a decade

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Combo posted:

How are those your RB2 options already? Spiller obviously, but did you draft Foster too for later? That's a rough RB group.

Draft kind of forced me into 0RB when Gronk and Rodgers fell to me at 16 and 33. It's GoonTier, so the other owners are good enough that my mid-round targets were sniped, and I ended up going for IDP in the mid-rounds over questionable RBs. I think my team is pretty solid all-in-all if it stays healthy:

9 Dez Bryant, Dal WR
16 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
33 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
40 Golden Tate, Det WR
57 C.J. Spiller, NO RB
64 Chris Ivory, NYJ RB
81 DeAndre Levy, Det LB
88 Harrison Smith, Min S
105 Danny Woodhead, SD RB
112 Karlos Dansby, Cle LB
129 Daryl Smith, Bal LB
136 Stevie Johnson, SD WR
153 Breshad Perriman, Bal WR
160 Landon Collins, NYG S
177 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR
184 Michael Crabtree, Oak WR (Dropped for Eric Berry)
201 Khalil Mack, Oak LB (get DE eligibility like Yahoo plz tia)
208 Zach Zenner, Det RB
225 Lance Dunbar, Dal RB
232 Dan Bailey, Dal K
249 Willie Young, Chi DE (Dropped for Peppers)

Hopefully Zenner can work his way into at least a bye week flex and/or all of my WRs hit and I can flip one for an RB.

e: I just dropped Dunbar for McKinnon. Khiry, West, and Polk are probably the best RBs out there; it's like a wasteland.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 11, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I'm starting Scott Chandler tonight and none of you can talk me out of it. :colbert:

This isn't a question so much as an announcement.

:smug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
QB question
Wilson at STL or
Bridgewater at SF

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

B-Mac posted:

QB question
Wilson at STL or
Bridgewater at SF

Teddy, the rams d is good

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

lol, overthinking it a little, I see :)

hmm, maybe not "over" thinking, the way things are going for PIT... gotta love the NFL

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

hmm, maybe not "over" thinking, the way things are going for PIT... gotta love the NFL

Did you end up going with Dalton? Ben might still snag a late TD here, of course, but Dalton to Green is probably the better bet now!

E: :toot:

sourdough fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 11, 2015

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Did you end up going with Dalton? Ben might still snag a late TD here, of course, but Dalton to Green is probably the better bet now!

E: :toot:

I ended up going Ben because it's just week 1 but that's the type of logic I go through for start sits midseason. Was mad for not going Dalton until the final meaningless 45 seconds of that game with the gift yardage and TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Opponent has Gronk so I need the nuclear option. Highest ceiling (1 ppr): Mcfadden vs NYG, Bernard @Oak, Yeldon vs CAR. I'm currently going McFadden (opponent also has Randle so covariance)

• Locked thread