Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

natetimm posted:

Anyone ever play Stunt Island?

YES! Stunt Island was awesome. I loved doing the video editing, it got me into that as a real-life hobby.

Of course this was before running iMovie and Apple Motion, so for real-life video editing I had to connect my grandparent's camcorder up to my parent's VCR... what a mess that was. Hit PLAY on the camcorder then hit RECORD at the right moment.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
http://www.globalweb.net/business/internet.asp

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

This was for real the first gaming mag I ever bought.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the first game i played with 3d acceleration on my monster 3d II

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZ75L36m74

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

a retard posted:

sof was john mullins

Ah! Thought it was a real dude, just went with the guy that seemed right in my head though. Guessing similar personality.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Typical Pubbie posted:

This was for real the first gaming mag I ever bought.

The Gamepro from '89 with the review of TMNT the Arcade game was mine. Still have it, missing pages though. Posted some of the pics in a imp zone thread.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I played kings quest V at a friends house and thought it was good.

I was a loving idiot

i beg your fuckin pardon

just hit the mouse with the fuckin' shoe, how could anyone not know that??!

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
high def unreal tournament 99 in UT2k4: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2341-hd-arsenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Quote-Unquote posted:

I got a CD from Metal Hammer magazine with the shareware Quake on it and for the longest time thought that was the actual soundtrack to the game. Was loving awesome, too, it had Corrosion of Conformity, Type O Negative, Alice in Chains, Laibach, that one Manhole song I actually liked and one of Moby's weird shouty techno-metal tracks.

Blew my mind when I started the game without the disc in, instead some other album (I think NIN) and not only was the disc not required but it also played whatever music I wanted. Hell yeah.

I did the exact same thing, only I had the wipeout XL CD in the tray that I had forgotten about. The soundtrack is actually really awesome and I somehow figured the high energy electronic music went perfectly with deathmatch, CTF, etc.

Actually a lot of the big quake mods came with electronica type soundtracks, so I wasn't totally crazy.

edit: does quake 1 have an active playerbase in Steam? I play quake live from time to time, but running around some of the old quake 1 or 2 maps would be sweet.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 12, 2015

• Locked thread