Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Honest, non-ironic question, why are you guys using protein powder? Are you exercising so much that a proper diet isn't enough? I see a shitload of people buying and using this stuff, and maybe one out of 50 is actually jacked or looks like they work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Supposedly you're supposed to aim for one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and that's not always easy to do unless you're eating a 100% chicken breast diet

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Blistex posted:

Honest, non-ironic question, why are you guys using protein powder? Are you exercising so much that a proper diet isn't enough? I see a shitload of people buying and using this stuff, and maybe one out of 50 is actually jacked or looks like they work out.

Cottage cheese supremacy.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
so you toss a scoop of protein powder in your oatmeal in the morning and bing bang boom you're already up 25 grams, or whatever

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Large curd cottage cheese is so much better than small curd but it's fairly hard to find in low-fat form

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Blistex posted:

It makes getting a sufficient amount of protein in your diet much, much easier. It's not magic or anything, just an easy and condensed source of dietary protein. It's especially hard as gently caress to eat enough when you're bulking. Propo makes it take a lot less effort.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blistex posted:

seriouspost: since i started working out i haven't felt a need or desire to eat. i went from eating like ~2500 calories a day to eating something like ~1200 and it was getting to the point that i started getting tired in the middle of my workouts, but i still wasn't hungry

i have a small breakfast of cereal or peanut butter and toast, a dinner of lean protein and some veggies, and i'll throw a protein shake on the days that i do upper body or when i work so i'm satisfied for 4-5 hours while all of my greasy coworkers get pizza and i can have a small snack of hummus + veg or something for lunch

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

also i had an ex tell me that cottage cheese looks like her yeast infections and ever since then i haven't been able to eat it

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Business Gorillas posted:

seriouspost: since i started working out i haven't felt a need or desire to eat. i went from eating like ~2500 calories a day to eating something like ~1200 and it was getting to the point that i started getting tired in the middle of my workouts, but i still wasn't hungry

i have a small breakfast of cereal or peanut butter and toast, a dinner of lean protein and some veggies, and i'll throw a protein shake on the days that i do upper body or when i work so i'm satisfied for 4-5 hours while all of my greasy coworkers get pizza and i can have a small snack of hummus + veg or something for lunch
That's kind of hosed up if you aren't 4'11. You should eat more.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Ok, that makes sense and I didn't have to bother google.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

also i had an ex tell me that cottage cheese looks like her yeast infections and ever since then i haven't been able to eat it
I don't think cottage cheese is gross enough that the comparison should make you stop eating your girlfriend's yeast infections

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

1200 calories is insanely low especially if you are actually working out

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
LOL gonna get ripped and jacked ITT, gonna find me a ripped jacked partner to gently caress wit AYYLMAO.

Gonna be HUGE FAT in five years.

AYY LMAO

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

rezatahs posted:

1200 calories is insanely low especially if you are actually working out

that's why i started doing the protein shakes and i'm up to like ~1500 since i use whole chocolate milk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

that's why i started doing the protein shakes and i'm up to like ~1500 since i use whole chocolate milk
most athletes eat 3000+ because you burn them all off

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

it has the consistency of cum, the initial taste of old YooHoo, and the bitter aftertaste of coffee, yet somehow my roomie drinks enough of it that he already went through a 24 pack in a week and a half. i don't loving understand at all.

If your cum is the consistency of muscle milk you're doing it wrong (making the muscle milk or maybe making the cum not sure which, maybe both?)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

my workout is like ~6 miles on the bike and i do some weights for a little bit so maybe i'm just a giant wuss when it comes to working out :shrug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

If your cum is the consistency of muscle milk you're doing it wrong (making the muscle milk or maybe making the cum not sure which, maybe both?)
apparently i was supposed to shake the muscle milk beforehand which might have something to do with that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

my clothes are considerably baggier than when i started, i went down a pants size, but i've only lost like 2-3lb in the past month, so i'm either doing something that works or i'm going to collapse in unto myself like a dying star in a couple days

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 is pretty good imo but only buy it if you're a GNC member + when it's BOGO otherwise the price is ridiculous.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SQfNr06JObA

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Seriously muscle heads?

Just get an injection of bull semen.

Twice the protein and bonus growth hormone all in one go.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Full Metal Jackass posted:

GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 is pretty good imo but only buy it if you're a GNC member + when it's BOGO otherwise the price is ridiculous.

That is the silliest name i have ever seen for a foodstuff

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blistex posted:

its a nice way to toss in a bunch of extra protein into your diet, in convenient quick-to-consume form

like, if you're heavily monitoring your intake you could be all "dang, i didnt meet my protein goal, I could fry up a chicken breast and season it and poo poo, or I could just blend milk and some protein powder before I head off to bed"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Seriously muscle heads?

Just get an injection of bull semen.

Twice the protein and bonus growth hormone all in one go.

Does putting bull cum in you make you a furry ?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

Does putting bull cum in you make you a furry ?
if it comes from the bull penis inside your rear end, yes

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah I use a scoop of gold standard whet in a glass of skim milk as a meal replacement . Fills me up for at least 3 hours ans Im 6'2" and 220 lbs.

Like the other poster on this page, I am also confused as to how some days I seem to only need about 1,000 calories to feel just fine, even while working out and chasing kids all day. I suppose i make up for it on otherdays and just aren't counting calories exactly right.

Still, i'm down 25 lbs since June

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah I use a scoop of gold standard whet in a glass of skim milk as a meal replacement . Fills me up for at least 3 hours ans Im 6'2" and 220 lbs.

Like the other poster on this page, I am also confused as to how some days I seem to only need about 1,000 calories to feel just fine, even while working out and chasing kids all day. I suppose i make up for it on otherdays and just aren't counting calories exactly right.

Still, i'm down 25 lbs since June

it's not that uncommon to end up eating way less calories after adjusting your diet towards things with actual nutrients instead of garbage carb-heavy junk food, and getting a good workout routine running

protein-rich food is super filling, and a lot of snacking is from having a ton of empty carb energy + just being bored

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I should drink protein but real food tastes so much better.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Hey op I got some muscle milk for you right here *points to dilz*

Which came first Muscle Milk or Crowtein?

CROWTEIN!

CAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I used to make 2 muscle milk shakes a day plus eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's just trying to put weight on my twink rear end, it didn't work but I did get kinda fat after college cause I kept eating/drinking like when I was young and that poo poo don't fly after 21 + desk job

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Al Borland posted:

Hey op I got some muscle milk for you right here *points to dilz*

Which came first Muscle Milk or Crowtein?

CROWTEIN!

CAWWWWWWWWWWWW

I believe fight milk came first.

:colbert:

psyopmonkey2 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 8, 2015

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Mange Mite posted:

That is the silliest name i have ever seen for a foodstuff

They missed out on spelling it "Xtreme" to really push it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey2 posted:

I believe fight milk came first.

:colbert:

True but it didn't have the awesome power of crow eggs.

Also lol the penis arm from the time they were looking for cool guys to hang in their mansion NOT GAY.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Al Borland posted:

True but it didn't have the awesome power of crow eggs.

Also lol the penis arm from the time they were looking for cool guys to hang in their mansion NOT GAY.

Hey, you can gain mass from sucking dick too.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Hey, you can gain mass from sucking dick too.

see my earlier post to the OP.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I've done this with pepperoni before and going the other way from laughing too hard.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

:stare:

That...

that is a thing I've now seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

it's not that uncommon to end up eating way less calories after adjusting your diet towards things with actual nutrients instead of garbage carb-heavy junk food, and getting a good workout routine running

protein-rich food is super filling, and a lot of snacking is from having a ton of empty carb energy + just being bored

I'm gonna be serious for a minute and comment on this....

:stare:

Nevermind

• Locked thread