Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

The patch list was updated with community suggestions. Some real interesting things in there now. Still holding my breath on this, cause I don't know how HiRez are going to put in a demo system when they couldn't do it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Stop with all this hope please its unsettling

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Rynex posted:

The patch list was updated with community suggestions. Some real interesting things in there now. Still holding my breath on this, cause I don't know how HiRez are going to put in a demo system when they couldn't do it before.

That's not the patch list with community suggestions, that is JUST community suggestions. They say it pretty clearly at the top of the page:

Sean McBride posted:

Please note:
This document is the Hi-Rez acknowledged community list of feedback. It is not a list of items we are currently working on. Nor is it a promise that every item will be completed exactly as listed. We wanted to share this list to make it clear that we are keeping an active list of community feedback/ideas. Thank you all for taking the time write up feedback and share ideas on how to make Tribes:Ascend better. If you see something missing you want to talk about or hate an item listed speak up! I’ll see you on PTS very soon.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

poo poo, you're right. I took a brief glance at it cause I'm at work and completely missed the message at the top.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

that's more like it!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If Tribes Ascend can't be modded to have Shifter or Renegades in it then what's the point really

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
:siren: The PTS is live now. :siren:
http://hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/InstallHiRezTribesPT11.exe

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This loving owns

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, I might get into the game. Been on a bit of the Dirty Bomba thing. Anything to know? Haven't played TA at all.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Time to VGS I guess.

Orv
May 4, 2011

widespread posted:

Welp, I might get into the game. Been on a bit of the Dirty Bomba thing. Anything to know? Haven't played TA at all.

Learn to lead your targets, profit.

And like, nine thousand other things, but you can take your time with most of them.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Quick impressions: Holy poo poo, so many of these weapons were balanced around not having a Spinfusor available. There is way more chain now because there is no reason not to. Why bring an Eagle Pistol as a sidearm when you can bring the NJ5-B? HiRez is going to have a hell of a time balancing all these weapons out and doing something about all the now useless duplicates. That said, there are some crazy fun builds to play around with right now. One I enjoyed the most was a Light armor with the Dueling Spinfusor and Nova Blaster, the maneuverability of the Pathfinder with the punch of the Blaster is a potent combination. You can't equip the Blaster on Medium armor though, which is a bit of a shame.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Most fun I had with T:A in years. Everything you can imagine is an OP build... which shouldn't work, but does anyway.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is this available through Steam too?

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Login servers are down?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So can you run the tech thumper and deployable turret together with some of the bullshit raider explosive spam guns to truly be an rear end in a top hat?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
if they don't allow vgtg spam anymore who loving cares

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

deep impact on vhs posted:

if they don't allow vgtg spam anymore who loving cares

VGN VGTG

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Never forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSObdFHGwoA

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I see that and raise you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NrYaDzBc1U

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Invisible lights with sniper rifles might be the worst thing to ever happen in a video game.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully enough people go back to the game that High Rez will give the game consistent support.

Space Mako
Feb 2, 2013
This sudden interest might be related to Hi-Rez's reputation of abandoning games, while they're releasing a new IP called Paladin. Seems like they want the SMITE players not to worrying about losing support.

It'll be fun to see if they follow through and where this goes, but drat I'm awful at this game now.

Space Mako fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 10, 2015

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQ69qkbmU4

Have to see if I can aim the mortar anymore, that thing has been my favorite fps weapon ever since Tribes 2. Connecting with those 600+ hail mary shots never gets old :allears:. Also remember having fun parking my fat rear end on the flag with a chaingun and the perk that caused enemy players to splat against you. Or was that just the shields you dropped?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

It's a perk, which you can also run on INF while invisible. Nothing gets inside a capper's head like splatting in the middle of a route.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sleppy posted:

It's a perk, which you can also run on INF while invisible. Nothing gets inside a capper's head like splatting in the middle of a route.

Between this and invisible snipers everywhere, and not playing since shortly after the INF update in 2012, pathfinding seems crazy hard, but it could be getting used to the idea of invisible snipers and infiltrator walls.

Fake edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEjSgAiluk

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 10, 2015

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
X1 LMG op :mad:

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CxPfFRVcwzRb7uv96_0AUrs2VswSku3wB-B6m5R6wio/viewform

Go make feedback you scrubs. I bet you don't even blueplate.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Between this and invisible snipers everywhere, and not playing since shortly after the INF update in 2012, pathfinding seems crazy hard, but it could be getting used to the idea of invisible snipers and infiltrator walls.

the snipers are the worst a good sniper wins the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So there's no more fucktarded unlock system right. Like how at launch only Pathfinders even had spinfusors.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
^^: I think everything is unlocked

After not playing this for two years I am SO BAD holy poo poo

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Tribes is a hard loving game man, it is the demented offspring of an FPS and a Flight Sim where Soldiers strap Jets to their rear end and use Explosions as Propulsion. Nothing about that sounds easy.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So is it everything we dreamed of? Is Tribes back for real this time?

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

It's not just that, the players coming back to this game left the comp scene for T:A years ago. If you go in a server, you're likely going to be playing with some legendary players just because they are checking stuff out.

Evil Sagan posted:

It seems that the team behind this REALLY want to fix the game. It seems the dev team are completely unshackled from talking about development. This is a complete 180 from how it used to be. I'm worried to commit too.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Evil Sagan posted:

A definite maybe.

I really forgot what a humbling experience playing Tribes is. It is a game that waves it's impossibly high skill ceiling in your face and makes you realize just how terrible you are.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Just finished d/l will be playing plasma frisbee as JUNGLEJIM if anyone wants to play this weekend.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Hopefully they don't nerf the Shrike too hard, my one true love in Tribes was to make cappers and midfielders lives' a living hell by chasing them down for 40 mins straight.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I'm not getting my hopes up at all until they say anything about weapon inheritance. I'm still salty about that bullshit Light Spinfuser move they pulled.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Hopefully they don't nerf the Shrike too hard, my one true love in Tribes was to make cappers and midfielders lives' a living hell by chasing them down for 40 mins straight.

Hell, I hope they re-work the Shrike. It felt so bad compared to the Tribes 2 version, wasn't nearly as maneuverable, and the weapon sucked. It also lacked a first person view which really sucked. BUT MAYBE I'M BIASED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Are the servers tits up or something, I get stuck in login with "lost connection to server" message. I managed to login once yesterday, tooled around setting up my loadouts and then tried to join a server but all I got was a window with "connecting to server" not doing anything.

• Locked thread