Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

its like if it was 1996 and bungie was forging a brave new world but its actually 2015 and companies have been doing leveling better for literal decades

In retrospect, none of this should surprise me. Their 'investment' systems in the previous Halo games were ridiculously grindy and bad.

Although 343 is going for child gambling Valve style, so I guess that's an improvement?

All fps leveling is bad, I blame cod4. I just want to shoot dudes, this xp poo poo just gets in the way.

Not hard to see why they do it though, all the people who complained that Titanfall 'didn't have enough grind' :eng99:

I listen to random people in my parties get super excited because they made their light level go up one point from 306 to 307 or whatever and I'm realizing I'm not playing the same game they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

monkeu posted:

He used to be the king of chilling and having fun but since even before the expansion dropped he's been getting angry and extremely butthurt about a long list of inconsequential things (grenades not recharging fast enough anymore for people who hadn't beaten Skolas yet, his lover Vile's honour being threatened, not having enough weapon parts to infuse every random legendary he finds up to 310 just to name a few).

It seems like he's burnt out on the game, but I guess since he owns a console with no games on it maybe he doesn't know what else to do with himself outside of posting 200 times a day in here :shrug:

Edit: ^^^^^ Hahahah yep nailed it :laugh:

you are so drat weird bro

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Luke Smith posted:

Would you believe my entire SA posting history is a long form creative writing project?

Sure, but it's like a C- tops

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

victrix posted:

Not hard to see why they do it though, all the people who complained that Titanfall 'didn't have enough grind' :eng99:

I don't know much about Titanfall, but was this a thing? "Oh, I can't prestige, gently caress this game"?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

victrix posted:

All fps leveling is bad, I blame cod4. I just want to shoot dudes, this xp poo poo just gets in the way.

ah, the actual shooters such as cod and battlefield are alright because theyre processual. like, play enough and you WILL unlock this thing. destiny combines the worst impulses of diablo/wow and hangs the undisputed best weapons behind luck. itd be different if bungie had the wherewithal to balance their goddamn game to the point that the gjallerhorn (in the past) wasnt basically required to beat end game content, but its fairly clear they dont know hot to balance pve nor pvp. evidenced by the continual rotation of dominant weapon classes in the crucible.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

I don't know much about Titanfall, but was this a thing? "Oh, I can't prestige, gently caress this game"?

Yup. As well as "they're aren't enough guns! :qq:" when it had a fairly well fleshed out UT kind of weapon set. But because it didn't have 8 rifles, 9 SMGs, 5 shotguns and half a dozen snipers THERE ARENT ENOUGH.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Arrath posted:

Yup. As well as "they're aren't enough guns! :qq:" when it had a fairly well fleshed out UT kind of weapon set. But because it didn't have 8 rifles, 9 SMGs, 5 shotguns and half a dozen snipers THERE ARENT ENOUGH.

theres a legit complaint to be had about content in titanfall. it did need more weapons (among other things), because really, you leveled up poo poo so drat quick

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

theres a legit complaint to be had about content in titanfall. it did need more weapons (among other things), because really, you leveled up poo poo so drat quick

:shrug: I mainlined the shotgun after playing the game for 15 minutes when I discovered how wonderful it was so variety wasn't an issue I had. Gameplay was solid and fun as gently caress, I didn't need twice as many guns. More maps would've been great though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Arrath posted:

:shrug: I mainlined the shotgun after playing the game for 15 minutes when I discovered how wonderful it was so variety wasn't an issue I had. Gameplay was solid and fun as gently caress, I didn't need twice as many guns. More maps would've been great though.

i agree, titanfall was my poo poo, but it did have a limited shelf life

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

100% it was a thing. It had prestige, but it didn't have 'enough grind'. Not remotely kidding.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i feel like games could be better served if they had easy access to a fair ladder system, so the 'grind' becomes improving your skills and climbing the ladder, versus trying to obtain 50 guns of which only 5 are probably any good. I played poo poo tons of Action Quake 2 when it was popular and that game had 7 guns but the gameplay was so good and it was easy to get into a ladder. Same with OG TF and pretty much anything before the lobby system & unlocks became popular.

the grind system works for casual players because they get a sense of accomplishment out of dinging a level where as that poo poo bores me and i wish it'd go away

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Titanfall was fun as gently caress. Problem with that game was it really needed a new map and 2-3 new guns/powers/titans/whatever a month to stay fresh or at the very least a 12 vs. 12 mode. That, and it hosed up royally by allowing Brink-like botmatches.

Game reminds me of Brink a lot actually. Really good gameplay, but no post-launch support causing people to lose interest and the community to fall apart.

The one good thing I'll say about Bungie is that they have a knack for keeping a playerbase together with post-launch support and progress updates. How many would still be playing Destiny now if the game ended with the 1st expansion?

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

the flaw in that is the sunk cost of the season pass. and then the TTK hype train started rolling. I'm predicting a lot of folks moving on this year unless they actually churn out new content like they claim they will.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
But but RAIDS

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Maybe cone bros are just pissed cuz they can't take a breather from the lovely lag matches and rng on their particular console and go do some pub stomping in rocket league?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Maybe cone bros are just pissed cuz they can't take a breather from the lovely lag matches and rng on their particular console and go do some pub stomping in rocket league?

Assy creed for me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Luke Smith posted:

I don't think this infusion deal is good I'm really kinda growing tired of it.

Especially with the way getting infusion bait makes weapon parts seem common. I wasn't expecting new guns to start so low, and stuff to upgrade them take hours of RNG to collect. Unless you really love running the raid constantly for high light drops.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

theultimo posted:

Assy creed for me

Jumping from bad game destiny to badder game asscreed doesn't work for me unfortunately

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got a 312 harrowed shotgun and a 305 non-harrowed shotgun in the same drop lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Jumping from bad game destiny to badder game asscreed doesn't work for me unfortunately

youre in luck were about to inundated with games that are likely to be ok

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

what about good games uncharted collection

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Nah. Titanfall was poo poo because it launched as a multiplayer only game with 4 game modes and a handfull of weapons. It was a shallow puddle of dog piss

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CheeseFactory posted:

It was a shallow puddle of pappy van winkle

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thanks for the 3x HM Crota kills, guys. Of course, no one got a crux.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Anyone looking to do Crota or Glass raid? I've never done either but I'd like to. PM me? PS4.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

monkeu posted:

He used to be the king of chilling and having fun but since even before the expansion dropped he's been getting angry and extremely butthurt about a long list of inconsequential things (grenades not recharging fast enough anymore for people who hadn't beaten Skolas yet, his lover Vile's honour being threatened, not having enough weapon parts to infuse every random legendary he finds up to 310 just to name a few).

It seems like he's burnt out on the game, but I guess since he owns a console with no games on it maybe he doesn't know what else to do with himself outside of posting 200 times a day in here :shrug:

Okay

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
309.9. gently caress you Destiny

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Blue Raider posted:

Titanfall was great because you didn't need to earn the privilege to have fun, you could just hop in and enjoy it right away. The horde mode that they patched in was awesome too

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

monkeu posted:

Do you ever look at your previous posts and see that 90% are petty swipes at other, better posters, and 100% of them are pure faggotry?

I wish we could just delete your dumbass OP and ban you like dahbahdu because you're a loving idiot loser and you bring literally nothing to the table :laugh:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
:laugh:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Hi I'm monkey, allow me to tell you about how we in the outback play video games and drink beer, here's a few screenshots that illustrate my point :laugh:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Hey it's your old OP monkeu, did you know that the Australian goons who play destiny do so at a high level while also consuming alcohol?? What a novel idea :laugh:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
lol

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 8, 2016

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Titanfall with a proper story mode and a PS4 release would own and I would likely lose a lot of Destiny time to it. I would come back to Destiny of course, because who am I kidding, but I would still enjoy a Titanfall that didn't require me to a) purchase a poo poo game system or b) hunch over my mouse and keyboard like a goober.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Yo yo yo it's monkeu again, here to chime in some console warrior stock replies about Xbox one because I'm a loving moron with no creativity *guzzles a fosters and tries to crush can on head. When he fails to crush it, the can falls to the ground and he looks around to see if anyone noticed. No one did because nobody will cohabitate with him* :laugh: :smithicide:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

*guzzles a fosters

lmao irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
crikey, it's yer old mate monkeu, here riding on cheese factorys good reputation. DID YOU KNOW that we invented the destiny and chill? DID YOU ALSO KNOW that there are less people on the Xbox one than the ps4? Suck on that!!!!!! :laugh:

• Locked thread