Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

DON'T BUY THIS, IDIOTS.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Orv fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Ugh buy in to test my game, no thank you.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I buy founders packs for poo poo I don't even know why, but I will continue to refuse to buy anything for this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I understand Warhammer Online was a massive failure (although you could argue that GW did itself no favors by refusing to let the game go free-to-play), but going with this lowest-bidder-and-maybe-it'll-work plan is basically throwing money away and making your IP look like poo poo.

You don't have to make your IPs into whatever genre is popular today, GW. Well, at least they're not making a 40k moba- oh wait :commissar:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I dunno, a 40k moba sounds like one moba I'd actually play, if they went full Warham and embraced the crazy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rorus Raz posted:

I understand Warhammer Online was a massive failure (although you could argue that GW did itself no favors by refusing to let the game go free-to-play), but going with this lowest-bidder-and-maybe-it'll-work plan is basically throwing money away and making your IP look like poo poo.

You don't have to make your IPs into whatever genre is popular today, GW. Well, at least they're not making a 40k moba- oh wait :commissar:
Games Workshop are practically schizophrenic with their license. Some amazing poo poo like Dawn of War, and the new Total War game is looking really promising. But for every one of those there are like three or four hail-mary passes by random dev teams in the weirdest genres.

Orv
May 4, 2011
40K Battle Chess came out today, in fact.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Pierson posted:

Games Workshop are practically schizophrenic with their license. Some amazing poo poo like Dawn of War, and the new Total War game is looking really promising. But for every one of those there are like three or four hail-mary passes by random dev teams in the weirdest genres.

I have high hopes for Warhammmer Total War, but making a MMO about war just doesn't work for the most part. You are a soldier in the army, you don't go wondering off solo doing quest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cool OP im sure this will be an excellent MMO

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

On page 3 right now there is a closed post on this game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I wanted to continue making fun of its slow slide into insolvency. :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Uziduke posted:

On page 3 right now there is a closed post on this game.

:justpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I wanted to continue making fun of its slow slide into insolvency. :shrug:

I'm glad of it

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Uziduke posted:

I have high hopes for Warhammmer Total War, but making a MMO about war just doesn't work for the most part. You are a soldier in the army, you don't go wondering off solo doing quest.

They could have copied Granado Espada, and just put you in control of a small group of characters, with more or less depending on what faction you were or something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

In Warhammer 40k it works well enough since the Space Marines are just a small group of super soldiers used to break through the enemy front. Obviously you can't play as an Imperial Guard or such, but it's alright.

And frankly the civilizations in 40k are so huge and unwieldly that most of armies seemingly operate of their own accord. The only ones that would be harder to get away with would be the ones being mind controlled or given orders via telepathic brain bugs.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Should I pre order this bad mmo or stick to playing ultima online on the official server

I need to meet my bad mmo quota

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's not even an MMO anymore so you can keep waiting.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

LOL if you pay to beta test games

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Schubalts posted:

They could have copied Granado Espada, and just put you in control of a small group of characters, with more or less depending on what faction you were or something.

I always thought that was the way to do it, make the player an Inquisitor and let him build a retinue.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Periodiko posted:

I always thought that was the way to do it, make the player an Inquisitor and let him build a retinue.

Now a Inquisitor based MMO would work, its small scale and a lot of RP room. Also Necromunda would be a fun MMO, you would have guilds/gangs and do instanced battle grounds where you would get exp and coin to upgrade your gear.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Uziduke posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Uziduke posted:

Yeah it's hard to make a game around crafting wars, let alone a world of the stuff.
How would that even sell as an MMO?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Eternal Crusade isn't even an MMO anymore, it's just Space Marine multiplayer with a social map in between matches, really.

Also their latest gameplay video was cringeworthy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This game is dead ever since they gave up making Warhammer Planetside where all the free players can only be ork boyz. Whatever this becomes will not be pretty.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Good to know upfront that they gave up on something which might possibly be cool but probably suck in favor of doing something that will definitely suck.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

While I like warhammer and skullthrones like everyone else I hope GW goes out of business and someone else can buy rights to all their poo poo.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

BadLlama posted:

While I like warhammer and skullthrones like everyone else I hope GW goes out of business and someone else can buy rights to all their poo poo.

The wallets of their hardcore fans are like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Eternal Crusade isn't even an MMO anymore, it's just Space Marine multiplayer with a social map in between matches, really.

Also their latest gameplay video was cringeworthy.

Space Marine Multiplayer the MMO with decent servers would have easily made bank since that aspect of the game was really, really fun.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kegslayer posted:

Space Marine Multiplayer the MMO with decent servers would have easily made bank since that aspect of the game was really, really fun.

Dreadnought mode was so broken.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

This game is dead ever since they gave up making Warhammer Planetside where all the free players can only be ork boyz. Whatever this becomes will not be pretty.

What is it, just a deathmatch game now?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I want a GW2 Style Story telling 40K mmo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Orabilis posted:

What is it, just a deathmatch game now?

Yes, basically.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Real good site you got there for you real good game

hahah

drunkenspud
Sep 18, 2015
Orks are free to play but you have to sub to play as any of the other factions..... I dunno might give it a miss

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

drunkenspud posted:

Orks are free to play but you have to sub to play as any of the other factions..... I dunno might give it a miss

Lol they are not charging anything for this game because its awful. Just go buy Space Marine for 5 bucks and slam some beers while you cleanse the orkz from the planet.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Good to know upfront that they gave up on something which might possibly be cool but probably suck in favor of doing something that will definitely suck.
In their defense, crowdfunding a MMO has never loving worked, so I'm glad to see a dev trying to scale it back and work within their means as opposed to promising the moon.

drunkenspud
Sep 18, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

Lol they are not charging anything for this game because its awful. Just go buy Space Marine for 5 bucks and slam some beers while you cleanse the orkz from the planet.

Thats the 3rd person one right?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Schubalts posted:

They should have just done the smart and incredibly obvious thing and reskinned planetside 2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

drunkenspud posted:

Thats the 3rd person one right?

Yes, the third-person shooter with melee execution moves that gib dudes because you are a drat Space Marine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rorus Raz posted:

In their defense, crowdfunding a MMO has never loving worked, so I'm glad to see a dev trying to scale it back and work within their means as opposed to promising the moon.

Have they learned nothing from Chris Roberts?

• Locked thread