Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
yeah let's pre-empt the whole "heh, it always sucked" or "you just got old" or "PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" replies right now

Our terrestrial radio market area hasn't had a good alternative station at all since 2005 so I p much rolled with Pandora and later Spotify all the time along with other streaming services but it was always the kind where you chose your artist or particular genre/elements of music you like, etc etc.

Then I heard we were getting a new alternative station like last Monday or something and I was like sweet we're saturated with top 40 and R&B/hiphop and it's been a while since I listened to a terrestrial alternative station so I don't think I was prepared for the playlists

They'll throw some good stuff in there but godDAMN I am constantly hearing some twee little twink mutter about being miles from Budapest in a riptide while there's that loving song from the car commercials about living life like renegades and they all mix in together, swear to Christ even Billy Corgan at his whiny worst in the midst of one of Smashing Pumpkins' power ballads or covering "Landslide" isn't nearly as neutered as this borderline pop poo poo

Look at this fuckin poo poo, LOOK AT IT

sup guys we're here to make a song with a good hook for a commercial, let's fill in the blanks later I SAID HEY HEY HEY HEY
\

hey rear end in a top hat your knit cap is neither functional nor stylish. also, nice lennon glasses douchebag, find your yoko and break the band the gently caress up already

it's like I turned around and alternative music airwaves got filled with butt rock all over the place, what the gently caress is wrong with you people. I'd blame millennials but I'm part of them so we need to just split off all you hipster douchebags. Nobody even gets any good self-loathing going anymore, they're all too afraid they'll take it too far like Kurt Cobain did (PS thanks a loving lot Courtney)

Beck somehow sounds like even MORE of an rear end in a top hat, how the gently caress did we manage to pull this off?

Maybe I miss the decaying corpse of grunge a little too much but I knew it was done when Eddie Vedder sung that retarded song about the car accident, like I heard it on the radio in high school and was like "this is it, grunge is dead right at this moment" and I mean I'll listen to whatever sounds good and has some deece power chords but now it's just a bunch of crossover pop bitches rubbing their dicks across their acoustic guitar WHILST whining into the mic

So this drat station is like "Discover new alternative music here FIRST" and I'm like, poo poo, I wish I could undiscover it if this is the pussy poo poo alternative music has become and even though they respect the pre-2008 playlist from time to time they're getting that new poo poo in rotation with a vengeance so I'm back to streaming and listening to my original music like a goddamn old fart

In conclusion, gently caress you, suck my cock, I'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
PPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sturgeon's law

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ElectricSheep posted:

PPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

its so dad rock in here!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the world is a vampire

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
despite all my rage, op is just a shitpost on a dead internet stage

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Moridin920 posted:

sturgeon's law

I know there was poo poo music in the 90s-early 00s too, but the ratio somehow seemed less skewed than 90%

TwoFire posted:

despite all my rage, op is just a shitpost on a dead internet stagegay forum

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
try this op:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l1GvDWtccI

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
music bad, so what?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I didn't read the OP but I thought we stopped calling music alternative after the 90s

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Aralan posted:

I didn't read the OP but I thought we stopped calling music alternative after the 90s

not in whatever shithole with only 5 radio stations that op is from

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

shiksa posted:

south florida :smugjones:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I never got what it's supposed to be an alternative to.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

shiksa posted:

The only radio station I listen to plays today's rhythms and all the best throwbacks.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Foreskin Problems posted:

I never got what it's supposed to be an alternative to.

good music

uhhhhhhhhhhh ive never heard anything good ever tbh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

good music

uhhhhhhhhhhh ive never heard anything good ever tbh
your title reflects that

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

rap more like c*rap

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Radio is always poo poo. Turn it off and listen to your tinnitus instead you old gently caress.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

No. 6 posted:

Radio is always poo poo. Turn it off and listen to your tinnitus instead you old gently caress.
the radio is good if i'm in a car or at work since eastern PA has several rock/metal stations. if i'm at home though i'll just go to Pandora or Youtube.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i read the op

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Listen to NPR or get out of your car.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
alternative is great if you LOVE guitars, guitars with overdrive, voices like brittle reeds trying to sound thick, no harmonics whatsoever

also you really hate beats and your idea of dancing is swaying back and forth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

froward posted:

alternative is great if you LOVE guitars, guitars with overdrive, voices like brittle reeds trying to sound thick, no harmonics whatsoever

also you really hate beats and your idea of dancing is swaying back and forth
i have jacked off to your avatar's source video numerous times just to let you know

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
alternative is such a vague genre that you can pretty just call whatever isn't pop, rap, metal, jazz, electronic or classical it so yeah there's plenty of good stuff that's not those

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

I gave up before the pic

What is "alternative music"? Does it like suck actually, or ironically? I'll never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

ElectricSheep posted:

• Locked thread