Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

Zombaby!

A pregnant Serena tracks down Murphy; the survivors stumble across a hidden Mennonite farm with new dangers

Four episodes in and we're already tackling this. The Z-nation way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Tokubetsu posted:

Four episodes in and we're already tackling this. The Z-nation way!

Ya, I read his spoiler post for the first time because I figured it was only the title and a brief synopsis. Exactly what I thought it would be in regard to both, should be a good show tonight!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah all I post is the TV guide blurb.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Can't a man eat a giant wheel of cheese in peace? :argh:

Callback to the Liberty bell :haw:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Guess Zombie Sheep don't count towards the 10k.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Zombies, nukes, anthrax...cheese and ham based attacks. Show owns.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Cassandra is a feral puppy now

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean I would have cut off a big hunk of that cheese to eat for the gang, food IS NOT easy to come by in the zombie apocalypse!

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
the zombaby mama can scream holy poo poo.

f/e: is the drug store sex talk a walking dead callback? Seems vaguely familiar.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Zombie camel. This loving show

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Baby Z is here y'all! (probably will die right now knowing this show)

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh motherfuck it really is Zombie Jesus

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

DarklyDreaming posted:

Oh motherfuck it really is Zombie Jesus

Ha, ya, I was going to post about the Biblical references in that scene.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Zombie camel. This loving show

I read an interview w/ the camel's owner when they shot this episode. It was absolutely adorable.

I'll look it up.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Is Z-Nation good?

Solo Murph.

Someone should totally edit that down to avatar size. My abilities end with what is here.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
We three Z's of Orient are
Bearing bites we travel so far…

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"You gotta understand...there was pie!"
"I ain't been right since '73"

I love Doc.

I love the core grp of characters we have right now. Gonna be legit sad to see any of them die/go and with this show you never know.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Holy poo poo. Not only is it Zombie Jesus, should it survive and reproduce it will be the next Mitochondrial Eve. Also, is it just me or does Murphy look less blue after the baby is born?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, he actually seems more 'human' now. But, you are probably talking about his skin color. Also, the anthrax part was pretty weird.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Michael Corleone posted:

Yeah, he actually seems more 'human' now. But, you are probably talking about his skin color. Also, the anthrax part was pretty weird.

Yeah the anthrax was odd, no real explanation just a hurdle and an excuse for some awesome extra makeup for Tk and Addy

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I do like how Syfy has a map.

http://www.syfy.com/znation/maps/

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cool, I like that is says "Journey for the Cure" does TWD even have a cure they are still going for? Can't even remember with how slow that show is. Also, they should head up north through Canada and then down the California coast to get slow winter zombies, or straight shot south and head through the southwest and maybe their will be drug cartels to fight! So many possibilities!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Hardawn posted:

Yeah the anthrax was odd, no real explanation just a hurdle and an excuse for some awesome extra makeup for Tk and Addy

Anthrax is a relatively common problem for farm animals even in 21st century America. Most farmers vaccinate their livestock against it but that's probably not an option in a post-apocalyptic wasteland

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Michael Corleone posted:

Cool, I like that is says "Journey for the Cure" does TWD even have a cure they are still going for? Can't even remember with how slow that show is. Also, they should head up north through Canada and then down the California coast to get slow winter zombies, or straight shot south and head through the southwest and maybe their will be drug cartels to fight! So many possibilities!

They already have a drug cartel! Sort of anyways, with the guys who are selling the Z-Weed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i loved the burging scene

Really liked the scene too in which they didn't have to fight for the medicine since Mennonites believe in non-resistance

lmao the cast even trolled Spokane:
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/z-nation-actors-insult-spokane/35258096

etalian fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 10, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

2 things.

I hope the map tracks the cheese wheel's progress and that we continue checking in on it as the season goes on.

Was there a reason given for traveling east?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Michael Corleone posted:

Cool, I like that is says "Journey for the Cure" does TWD even have a cure they are still going for? Can't even remember with how slow that show is.

No, TWD is on a treadmill of finding relative safety, being forced to leave it, coming across more relative safety that ~~isn't what it seems~~ and is actually bad for some reason, then ruining those people's safety while they all escape via plot armor. Wash rinse repeat.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

IRQ posted:

2 things.

I hope the map tracks the cheese wheel's progress and that we continue checking in on it as the season goes on.

Was there a reason given for traveling east?

The mass nuke launch blocked their path so they are having to backtrack.

Or maybe they just wanted to create plot situation that leads to zombies getting crushed by a cheese wheel.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DarklyDreaming posted:

Anthrax is a relatively common problem for farm animals even in 21st century America. Most farmers vaccinate their livestock against it but that's probably not an option in a post-apocalyptic wasteland

Yes, and not just in animals; most people living around active farmland get exposed to trace amounts of anthrax spores. I guess the reasoning in Z Nation is that without people taking are of the land, these diseases go rampant (and get propagated by zombie livestock).

BTW, the zombie wise men, including a camel, were the first thing on TV to make me literally LOL in a long time.

It's subtle symbolism like that what sets ZN apart from cheap knock offs like TWD. Now to figure out how the heese wheel fits into the Biblical narrative...

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 10, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

etalian posted:

The mass nuke launch blocked their path so they are having to backtrack.

Or maybe they just wanted to create plot situation that leads to zombies getting crushed by a cheese wheel.

I know that is part of it, but don't they have to go north or south to get to California because of the HUGE zombie hoard in the middle?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Michael Corleone posted:

I know that is part of it, but don't they have to go north or south to get to California because of the HUGE zombie hoard in the middle?

Once again the Z Nation premise turns out to be realistic. Due to the rotation of the Earth and, relatedly, prevailing winds, any Fallout originating in the US would travel in a N-W-W direction, forcing the protagonist crew to make the detour described by the show.

(Of course it's possible a couple of tactical nukes wouldn't cause any sort of nuclear hazard besides the detonation proper, but that's a contentious issue so let's ignore that)

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 10, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

timg that, god drat.

Also I thought they just forgot about the fallout after one episode, ok, sure why not.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

steinrokkan posted:

Once again the Z Nation premise turns out to be realistic. Due to the rotation of the Earth and, relatedly, prevailing winds, any Fallout originating in the US would travel in a N-W-W direction, forcing the protagonist crew to make the detour described by the show.

(Of course it's possible a couple of tactical nukes wouldn't cause any sort of nuclear hazard besides the detonation proper, but that's a contentious issue so let's ignore that)

I live in Oregon so this is hilarious.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Enjoy all the outside state zombies oming after your weed, rear end in a top hat.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Same haha.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I love just how much the CGI / prop baby has Murphy's eyes, face, and expressions. They're willing to spend the extra time & money where it counts, and it's a better show for it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Poor Murphy getting his rear end gang-bit in Massachusetts, not even a footnote.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

residents of spokane got angry over how the cast described Spokane as apocalypse ready and how they didn't even need to use their imagination when shooting the scenes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I loving lost it when I realized why they brought in a zombie camel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I loving lost it when I realized why they brought in a zombie camel.

the show really goes the distance to make you laugh.

• Locked thread