Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

Zombie Road

Murphy is finally tracked down; the Zs are attacked by superfast zombies known as Blasters; and they are introduced to an ultrapotent strain of marijuana called Z-Weed.

Z-Nation in a drat nutshell.

This is such a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
10K and Zombie-Cassandra sharing awkward glances

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Face eating mutant zombies.

There's always more and it's always worse. :negative:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Crabwalking zombie.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Was thinking they had to have blown the budget on this episode but then those previews...

This show is so awesome.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Dudes, like where do we bury the survivors of TWD, like 6 are from Georgia and 4 are from like Texas or some stuff?

Great episode, this show is just so good!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I think this season is going to end with Murphy's zombie army facing off against the Blasters in a massive zombie on zombie brawl.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Erghh posted:

Face eating mutant zombies.

There's always more and it's always better. :banjo:

Fixed because this show is pure genius.

I can't believe the ratings are down this season whereas godawful crap show TWD has gotten more popular every season. It's not fair.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kindermord posted:

Fixed because this show is pure genius.

I can't believe the ratings are down this season whereas godawful crap show TWD has gotten more popular every season. It's not fair.

well Walking Dead achieved pop culture critical mass and also had the advantage of being based on a graphic novel

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

etalian posted:

well Walking Dead achieved pop culture critical mass and also had the advantage of being based on a graphic novel

Also if you tell the average person things like, "Well sometimes the episodes are based on movies, so like Budget Zombie Edge of Tomorrow and Budget Zombie Fury Road" might not be the selling point to them that it is to me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

etalian posted:

I don't think being based on a comic book is a real draw to anyone other than spergy comic book nerds.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Pretty interesting how weed makes Cassandra more of herself again. Kinda cool they didn't forget that little thread from s1.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tokubetsu posted:

Pretty interesting how weed makes Cassandra more of herself again. Kinda cool they didn't forget that little thread from s1.

Come to think of it now that the writers built something significant out of that one scene where Doc got a zombie high I have to wonder if we'll see the estranged son he mentioned in that episode anytime soon.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Come to think of it now that the writers built something significant out of that one scene where Doc got a zombie high I have to wonder if we'll see the estranged son he mentioned in that episode anytime soon.

It's just my own pet theory that Doc comes off as kinda 'Dad-ish' with 10K because he has lingering regret about never being there for his own son. But given it's Z-Nation, anything goes!

I will say, I'm kinda liking Vasquez even though it seems him and Warren were eye-loving half the time. And Wrecking Ball. Poor guy can't even seem to make friends in the Z-Pocalypse. And though it's been only one ep since Mack died, I can honestly say the most recent ep made me kinda like Addy finally.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's just my own pet theory that Doc comes off as kinda 'Dad-ish' with 10K because he has lingering regret about never being there for his own son. But given it's Z-Nation, anything goes!

I will say, I'm kinda liking Vasquez even though it seems him and Warren were eye-loving half the time. And Wrecking Ball. Poor guy can't even seem to make friends in the Z-Pocalypse. And though it's been only one ep since Mack died, I can honestly say the most recent ep made me kinda like Addy finally.

Mack leaving/dying was a long time coming I think. Once the show made it fairly clear halfway through last season that Addy was in the process of/already checked out of that relationship he just wasn't filling any other archetypes in the group.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Anyone else see TK and addy exchanging glances? They could be a much better warrior couple

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Is this the first episode to have zero Citizen Z cutaways? I was talking to a friend about this show and I hope at the end of every season they just pile something else on. What I'm saying is I hope this season ends with an alien invasion.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Hardawn posted:

Anyone else see TK and addy exchanging glances? They could be a much better warrior couple

I think he was trying to play it cool with the woman with the pony tail and face paint, until she got shot in the face.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Klaus88 posted:

For places like Wyoming, no music exists except for country and maybe soft rock. Everything else is the devil's tunes.

Are there even any rap stations in Wyoming?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No, if you live on the edge close to Denver you might be able to pick one out but it's just pop, classic rock, and country.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

spookygonk posted:

I think he was trying to play it cool with the woman with the pony tail and face paint, until she got shot in the face.

Poor 10K. He'll never find love in the apocalypse will he?

Besides Doc anyway.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The scene where the old dude has an out-of-body-near-death-experience and notices the shiv on top of the book case was phenomenal. This show is so much more entertaining than TWD/FTWD it's incredible. Varied sets, good banter, plot that moves at a breakneck pace, just excellent stuff.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

a cop posted:

The scene where the old dude has an out-of-body-near-death-experience and notices the shiv on top of the book case was phenomenal. This show is so much more entertaining than TWD/FTWD it's incredible. Varied sets, good banter, plot that moves at a breakneck pace, just excellent stuff.

I sell it to people as "like the Walking Dead, only they decided to make it fun and entertaining."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Batch 47

While looking for a 'natural' cure for the virus, the survivors head to the greenhouse, where Batch 47 is being grown.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This show is Lexx: The Zombie Years, and I love it for it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also that near death experience scene in S02E02 was one of the best things I've seen in a long time.

Also it's the only show I can think of that made a character more interesting by killing her off

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 3, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww poo poo it's Plant 42 :ohdear:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Good stuff, always keeps us guessing, WAY better than TWD! I think they are looking for plant 47 though only other commentator ;)

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
The planet zombies are pretty creepy.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Michael Corleone posted:

Good stuff, always keeps us guessing, WAY better than TWD! I think they are looking for plant 47 though only other commentator ;)

It's a Resident Evil reference. Which considering they also made a pretty substantial House of The Dead reference it's probably not a coincidence.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Episode really kicked up the beard game. Nice.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Of course Doc went to Humboldt state:v:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I love that the fridge did in fact save his life.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I mentioned last week the RPG guy would be back, hopefully Murphy can save the crop!

e; Oh the baby is here!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 3, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

frgildan posted:

I love that the fridge did in fact save his life.

That was a pretty hilarious joke in the first episode.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Doc posted:

Its like some kind of giant shop of horrors.

:captainpop:

:qq: Goddammit Nation-Z, you have no right to be this classy and responsible with your pop culture references!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

steinrokkan posted:

This show is Lexx: The Zombie Years, and I love it for it.

Jeeez I had the same thought as well watching the latest episode.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
How does this show keep being so good!!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Gaz2k21 posted:

How does this show keep being so good!!

Marijuana, GMOs, and the Apocalypse. What could go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Zombaby!

A pregnant Serena tracks down Murphy; the survivors stumble across a hidden Mennonite farm with new dangers

• Locked thread