Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Mack should've left her :colbert:

So glad this is back and they're explaining things in a cool/entertaining way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Lesbian zombie strippers...

Grouping up makes sense overall and it doesn't seem like they're wasting time getting the band back together. Hoping there will be some lingering distance though (for drama).

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Michael Corleone posted:

The guy in the suit and the RPG? didn't die, did he? Looked like he was watching it all play out...

Alive but there's brief shot of his hand that shows a bite/wound of some kind on it. Going with he'll be back and a problem later.

That episode was just all around awesome TV. Addy beating a clueless Murphy was the best ending.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Face eating mutant zombies.

There's always more and it's always worse. :negative:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Was thinking they had to have blown the budget on this episode but then those previews...

This show is so awesome.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

spookygonk posted:

I think he was trying to play it cool with the woman with the pony tail and face paint, until she got shot in the face.

Poor 10K. He'll never find love in the apocalypse will he?

Besides Doc anyway.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Episode really kicked up the beard game. Nice.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Zombies, nukes, anthrax...cheese and ham based attacks. Show owns.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
the zombaby mama can scream holy poo poo.

f/e: is the drug store sex talk a walking dead callback? Seems vaguely familiar.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
This show keeps toying with us...

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
that ending was awesome :3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOqbM03Hf0

also gonna need confirmation on that special guest cos' damb.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

JossiRossi posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/10/george-rr-martin-zombie-z-nation

That was a really fun episode, I like the gun dealers but honestly did not expect them to be able to carry an episode like they did.

Huh, said guest likes some low budget sci-fi apparently.

Whatever brings in the attention for another season, though.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
A meditation on zombie media.

Meta.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
So glad someone had the smarts to renew this. Good and cool things should be renewed.

Also shout out to FOX's alien autopsy footage.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Just piling on how this show manages to get poo poo done with surprisingly little resources and space. And not get too serious despite going to some really dark places with the characters. Even if you're not into zombie stuff it's good entertainment.

That they made oxy/bullets wasteland currency puts it ahead of a lot of other apocalypses.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
/\ Welcome aboard /\

kindermord posted:

This is a great point. Most episodes of TWD would leave me with a gnawing feeling of disgust and irritation like i'd just had a bad day at work. Z-nation does the opposite of that.

At this point in season 2 though I think I liked season 1 a bit more. But I'm still watching and liking it a lot and will happily keep watching as long as it can keep up the strange magic it has going on.

Never got into TWD; that group always seemed to make the most relentlessly terrible decisions when I tried it. Some of Z-Nation's magic is that the characters don't really do that. Makes a difference.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
A righteous grove, hero posing, lots of fire, z-herd taking flight and Murphy cracking. That was an awesome few minutes of tv.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
"I figure, it's the apocalypse, go for it."

Stay positive Doc :unsmith:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Medicinal thumb sucking. Weirder stuff has happened.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
For a little bit I thought the whole lesbian vibe was just the blonde woman's way of trying to find an out from the hotel. She seemed to have a thing with the food thief/hooded guy as for the same reason.

Having a kiss (with Addy) would've gone against that though. Maybe they just wanted to keep things ambiguous?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
El Scorpion's jacket is awesome.

How is no one recognizing this?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
was expecting "dank righteousness" but he is from a different generation...

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Dumpster chariots pulled by Blaster teams. The thrilling new wasteland sport.

Complete with gambling, color commentary and factional riots in the stands.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

HandsomeMrFooFoo posted:

I vote this and Man Shark episode for season 3.

Might as well combine the two; Man Shark in a Blaster-powered dumpster chariot crashing through a riot.

Bob Uecker provides running commentary. :black101:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Doc is amazing. Oxy and golf club crew represent.

This is a lot better than what I would have thought from a flashback episode. Keeping it character focused too.

edit: o hey Mac

Erghh fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 12, 2015

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Not up on the lore but I thought that's what the "black summer" discussion got into. Zombies appeared but things were kinda controlled at first, then everything just explodes suddenly.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Yeah, things happening in stages instead of a sudden bolt from the blue. People had time to adjust a little.

The radio/TV broadcasts they had on in the background during the flashbacks touched on things like checkpoints and roadblocks. So stuff was happening but not tipping point (until it was).

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
They broke Addy's thing. :(

Something something symbolism.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

socialsecurity posted:

10k will die right after he kills zombie 9999, he will get bitten shoot one of those gears into the sky and there will be a trailing shot following back down into his head for his 10000th kill.

This would be perfect.

Even though there were a ton of radical changes it still felt "organic," I guess would be the word. Also, Warren's "I'm not in charge in anymore" hit harder than expected.

Pretty big difference between a show wrapping up knowing whether or not they've been renewed it seems. The tone between this one and El Camino is wild.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

etalian posted:

Best Murphy costume in the season was the pimp costume

idk, the foppish Mariachi outfit was pretty tight.

The international angle is interesting. Looking forward to seeing how China handled the zombie outbreak :unsmigghh:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Best reference line was "This is Linux. I know this..."

Agree on zombie strippers. The genre has been too long without.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Cynic Jester posted:

Fixed that for you. Non-nerd. Get out.

God I love this show. It's just serious enough to make everything flow, even with all the references and awful, awful(in a good way) comedy scenes(That loving cheese wheel slayed my entire apartment. We all knew it was coming after the bell, but it was still so :perfect:.)

+:mad: whatever im too busy talkingh to girls

But yeah, think part of this show's magic is the timing. It's not just what they do but when that keeps it rolling.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

PowerBeard posted:

Just so long as 10k still has the condoms Addy gave him. Poor guy seemed so shy getting those handed to him.

My biggest problem is how do you top killing zombies with an unstoppable cheese wheel and Liberty Bell combo? Season 3 is screwed.

Eh, the US is full of ridiculous road side attractions they could use.

Imagine a horde of weaponized zombie pandas getting taken out by a large Paul Bunyan statue or a five ton ball of rubber bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Was that Garry Shandling in there? :monocle:

• Locked thread