Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

DarklyDreaming posted:

It's mentioned in several episodes that oxycontin has become wasteland money so if Murphy used it on anything he just bartered the stuff for gasoline and liquor.

Great little world lore I love. It just makes so much sense. Really glad to have the show back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ChetReckless posted:

I thought he landed in the pool full of soft squishy zombie bodies (hence the blood spurt when he hit).

Yeah. I think Day of Reckoning is actually a pretty good movie. It's cool that they were able to get Hyams to direct this.

Hyams is a producer on the show iirc and did a bunch (like four or 6?) episodes last season too. And yea, Day of Reckoning was great.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

wormil posted:

Every episode is a new delight like a hosed up miracle every week.

Come on, this show has earned a new thread title.

Z Nation s2: Dead Pool is Open

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
One of my favorite bits was the zombies trailing Murphy. Great little detail too is how they're not just following him, but matching his stride as well.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Pretty interesting how weed makes Cassandra more of herself again. Kinda cool they didn't forget that little thread from s1.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's just my own pet theory that Doc comes off as kinda 'Dad-ish' with 10K because he has lingering regret about never being there for his own son. But given it's Z-Nation, anything goes!

I will say, I'm kinda liking Vasquez even though it seems him and Warren were eye-loving half the time. And Wrecking Ball. Poor guy can't even seem to make friends in the Z-Pocalypse. And though it's been only one ep since Mack died, I can honestly say the most recent ep made me kinda like Addy finally.

Mack leaving/dying was a long time coming I think. Once the show made it fairly clear halfway through last season that Addy was in the process of/already checked out of that relationship he just wasn't filling any other archetypes in the group.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

Zombaby!

A pregnant Serena tracks down Murphy; the survivors stumble across a hidden Mennonite farm with new dangers

Four episodes in and we're already tackling this. The Z-nation way!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"You gotta understand...there was pie!"
"I ain't been right since '73"

I love Doc.

I love the core grp of characters we have right now. Gonna be legit sad to see any of them die/go and with this show you never know.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm guessing because Cassandra "died" of her infection just after Murphy bit her.

Yeah I'm guessing theres some weird brain death stuff involved. Magic of course too considering z-weed and how it seemed to make her "better" temporarily.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Am I the only one that thought 10k and Cassandra were going to be fighting but then start to gently caress?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was purposely shot to be a little suggestive. Especially towards the end when they were rolling around and grappling.

Show does a good job of at hinting at stuff and then actually using it later. I have no doubt 10k loses his virginity by the end of the season. We had this suggestive tussle, and then the condoms from the last episode.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
In one of those bts/press interview things he mentioned how he felt sorta bad because the cast get all this work while he shows up and shoots for four days and wraps.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Can I just say, I love the idea of cartels being the authority figures in a post apocalytic north america. Also didn't expect scam dudes to carry an ep so well but they did it. Z Nation constantly full of surprises.

"For what? We still haven't gotten you laid!"

Between this and the condoms, now I'm afraid 10k is gonna die in a horrible sex accident.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 24, 2015

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
6 inch needle...8 inch needle

I love Z Nation. Even when you don't expect the jokes they still go for them. It's like before every sentence is finalized they ask "How fun is this line? this bit? Can we make it more fun?"

The show is basically written by the bad guy this episode.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Imagining a grizzled 10k 30 years from now sitting at a campfire. Telling everyone about which ones were his hardest kill. Thinking about Pia like yea 2342...that was a bad one.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
lord have mercy roberta

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"Dumb luck. Good Karma. Funky mojo?"

I love that Doc knows his place. :allears:

etalian posted:

I like Keith Allan the most, really sells the self-serving cynical nature of the character even though he's occasionally heroic.

Yeah he does a great job of being the kinda guy you imagine turning out alright if maybe he got a few more hugs when he was a kid or something. Not all bad but his environment probably soured him. In his own way I think he does at least care about Roberta. He definitely respects her which I think ties into the top of the season where she tried to talk him down from the building. That was as much for herself as it was for him which they now share. At this point the only death he probably wouldn't feel too remorseful over is 10k. Too much bad blood there.

This is a good show you guys. It's good.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 5, 2015

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
drat, honestly Doc being sober pre apocalypse was a good turn because as much as we love him as he is now it adds a little tinge of sadness to him. On top of the kid he didn't raise.

But on the great side, he sure realized quick what the game was by recognizing that zombie QUICK.

Further proof that Doc will outlive everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Glad El Scoprion lived even though I didn't expect it. I'm down with mexican actors who always play villains and gangsters get a shot playing solid dudes.

Also, even though I'm sure they'd nail it, I kinda hope they never actually show any black summer stuff. Just have it be some small but intense dark age period literally no one wants to talk about or relive outside of "yeah, black summer."

And yea, if 10k was dead, I think Z Nation is the kinda show that would have shown it. We would have got a send off etc. Let's be real, the only way 10k dies is in Doc's arms, with Doc crying uncontrollably.

• Locked thread