Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Where the hell is Citizen Z in those promo shots? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

This show is just the most amazing mix of cornball, OTT humor and insane zombie kills but somehow it drops in moments of dead seriousness and makes you love the characters and become invested in them. I've never seen any other show like it, it's quite amazing.

I'm also glad that despite running off naked, molting, and crazy, Murphy is still his usual rear end in a top hat self. And of course, that Citizen Z lives! Was worried about that for a sec, because Lord knows these writers aren't afraid of killing off anybody. They've killed their lead characters twice now.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Guess Zombie Sheep don't count towards the 10k.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

When they were going down that hospital corridor with the dead bodies on stretchers in sheets, I got strong vibes of TWD pilot where Rick wakes up.

So did I understand correctly that Murphy bit Ma and Pa Kettle so they'd compliantly raise the kid? Why didn't they turn out to be all 'tarded and poo poo like Cassandra?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Mortanis posted:

As soon as Sketchy and Skeezy were loading up in the dentist truck, I turned to my girlfriend and said "This is going to end in a freeze frame. This just has a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid vibe"

I was not disappointed.

I don't think it will end the same though, since they had a shitload of automatic weapons and bullets and it was like 12 Zs running at them...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

That's good. In his own way he's an integral part of the show and I hope he's always there.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I went into this expecting a cheesy, light, silly SyFy Asylum show. What I found was while all that was true, it also has a heart of gold and can be very dramatic and serious at times. I genuinely enjoy it. Unironically.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

If every show had an out-of-nowhere scene where the main cast happened upon a parking lot full of El Caminos and drove off into the sunset together the world would be a better place :colbert:

Hopefully they have more than a half a tank of gas or those cars will never get the 2 miles to CA...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

etalian posted:

It was cool how the original story explained why Citizen Z didn't look like a gung ho military dude.

Yeah, it always did kind of nag at me how he was such a putz with guns and fighting, I figured he'd have had SOME training if he was Army. This makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

PowerBeard posted:

10K is totally alive. Knowing Z Nation, he probably launched himself out of the sub like a torpedo and will have to fight off a zombie shark at the start of the next season.

If I were a shipping man, I'd want 10k and Addy to get together. :unsmith:

• Locked thread