Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
If you're looking for the Halloween Challenge thread it is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744557

Here is the Scream Stream: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744601

Welcome to the Halloween horror movie thread! Of course, this isn't just limited to Halloween themed horror movies, movies to watch on Halloween, or just horror movies (scary movies are fine too)! Seeing as October is just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start planning what we're going to watch. Halloween is very serious business.

What are horror movies
To put it simply, horror is an umbrella term to describe movies that invoke feelings of horror, dread, and terror in its viewer. Some people may consider flicks such as Silence of the Lambs and Kiss the Girls horror, while others may not due to more suspenseful leanings, both can be right. It's all subjective, folks. Much like beauty, horror is in the eye of the beholder. If something scares you, run with it and enjoy it.

Why make this thread
People love horror flicks. They've been around since silent cinema. Nosferatu is still cited by people as being scary and that came out in 1922. It's part of our culture and our history. You can find most countries producing horror movies. Hell, there are even Christian horror movies. But the hardcore fans hail October as the holy grail of horror movie viewing due to that one special day where we get to dress up as whatever we want. This thread is to help generate movie ideas to watch. Almost 100 years of a genre of film puts out a hefty lot of movies, and it's drat near impossible to sift through them all.

I get scared easily! Almost all horror movies scare me! Can I still participate?
Yes! Horror is subjective. There are PG and PG-13 horror movies. Some with little to blood at all. If you want to tip your toes in and try to find some fun things to watch we will be more than glad to help. Be happy you can get scared. It sucks being desensitized.

I will update this OP later as needed. So, what's everyone watching? I'm working on a list of 100 movies to watch throughout October.

So, far I'm watching the following on Halloween:
Peeping Tom
Lifeforce
Flesh for Frakenstein
Cronos
The Fog

Watrick fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I almost have too much I want to watch in October. I like to do themed weeks or at least weekends, but I have too many ideas for them and there's only so many days in the month. There's obviously a certain amount of overlap, but so far I'd like to do:

Christopher Lee: He died recently so I'd like to do a block of Lee films. I watch Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein every year so sadly that may have to be enough.

Wes Craven: He inconsiderately decided to pass away right as the Halloween season is approaching so it feels wrong not to do at least a Craven-day. Maybe I'll pick a Saturday and watch NoES, The People Under the Stairs, New Nightmare and Scream all in one day.

Lovecraft: From Beyond, Re-Animator, Dagon, Necronomicon at least. Maybe throw in Evil Dead 1 & 2.

Dracula: Aside from Lugosi, I enjoy watching every adaptation I can get my hands on every year, including Coppola's. But other important ones are Nosferatu(both the original and Herzog's), the one starring Frank Langella(1979), of course Hammer's films. Which brings me to....

Hammer: I discovered Hammer relatively recently but I'm pretty in love with the studio at this point, I don't know that I've seen anything made during their heyday that I didn't enjoy. Most of the Hammer films I'll watch this October will star Peter Cushing(Curse of Frankenstein, The Mummy, Night Creatures, various Dracula and Frankenstein sequels)

Italian Horror: This is another subgenre that I've gotten into pretty heavily recently. I have at least 5 or 6 films by various Italian directors like Bava, Argento, and Fulci I'd like to fit in. Suspiria, Inferno, Deep Red, Black Sunday, Twitch of the Death Nerve, and The Beyond are non-negotiable.

Recent Horror: I can probably do this over one weekend but there's been some stuff in the past few years that I want to include, like It Follows, As Above So Below, Under the Skin, and the Babadook. I'm not sure if Drag Me to Hell should be considered "recent" but I'll be watching that too.

Universal: This is what my father grew up with and I really enjoy watching at least a few of these every year. Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein at the very least, but most likely Wolfman as well.

Carpenter: My favorite horror director, so I watch pretty much everything he's done in the genre every year. I probably don't have to list most of them but I get most excited to watch The Fog and Prince of Darkness. Carpenter's Vampires is also very underrated and often forgotten.

Sci-fi/Horror: I love sci-fi so some of my favorite horror films of all-time fit this description. Alien, Lifeforce, Event Horizon, The Blob, and Planet of the Vampires being the most obvious off the top of my head.

Anthology: Another subgenre that I can't do without in October. Both Creepshows, Trick R Treat, Body Bags, Tales from the Darkside, Hood of Horrors, the list goes on.

So as you can see I have a little bit of a problem here, I do have a full-time job after all...

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I almost have too much I want to watch in October. I like to do themed weeks or at least weekends, but I have too many ideas for them and there's only so many days in the month. There's obviously a certain amount of overlap, but so far I'd like to do:

Christopher Lee: He died recently so I'd like to do a block of Lee films. I watch Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein every year so sadly that may have to be enough.

Wes Craven: He inconsiderately decided to pass away right as the Halloween season is approaching so it feels wrong not to do at least a Craven-day. Maybe I'll pick a Saturday and watch NoES, The People Under the Stairs, New Nightmare and Scream all in one day.

Lovecraft: From Beyond, Re-Animator, Dagon, Necronomicon at least. Maybe throw in Evil Dead 1 & 2.

Dracula: Aside from Lugosi, I enjoy watching every adaptation I can get my hands on every year, including Coppola's. But other important ones are Nosferatu(both the original and Herzog's), the one starring Frank Langella(1979), of course Hammer's films. Which brings me to....

Hammer: I discovered Hammer relatively recently but I'm pretty in love with the studio at this point, I don't know that I've seen anything made during their heyday that I didn't enjoy. Most of the Hammer films I'll watch this October will star Peter Cushing(Curse of Frankenstein, The Mummy, Night Creatures, various Dracula and Frankenstein sequels)

Italian Horror: This is another subgenre that I've gotten into pretty heavily recently. I have at least 5 or 6 films by various Italian directors like Bava, Argento, and Fulci I'd like to fit in. Suspiria, Inferno, Deep Red, Black Sunday, Twitch of the Death Nerve, and The Beyond are non-negotiable.

Recent Horror: I can probably do this over one weekend but there's been some stuff in the past few years that I want to include, like It Follows, As Above So Below, Under the Skin, and the Babadook. I'm not sure if Drag Me to Hell should be considered "recent" but I'll be watching that too.

Universal: This is what my father grew up with and I really enjoy watching at least a few of these every year. Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein at the very least, but most likely Wolfman as well.

Carpenter: My favorite horror director, so I watch pretty much everything he's done in the genre every year. I probably don't have to list most of them but I get most excited to watch The Fog and Prince of Darkness. Carpenter's Vampires is also very underrated and often forgotten.

Sci-fi/Horror: I love sci-fi so some of my favorite horror films of all-time fit this description. Alien, Lifeforce, Event Horizon, The Blob, and Planet of the Vampires being the most obvious off the top of my head.

Anthology: Another subgenre that I can't do without in October. Both Creepshows, Trick R Treat, Body Bags, Tales from the Darkside, Hood of Horrors, the list goes on.

So as you can see I have a little bit of a problem here, I do have a full-time job after all...

I don't see a problem at all. You have an amazing list. What I suggest is to quit your job, cut off your family and friends, and just watch all your horror flicks. The problem is easily solved!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Watrick posted:

I don't see a problem at all. You have an amazing list. What I suggest is to quit your job, cut off your family and friends, and just watch all your horror flicks. The problem is easily solved!

That's just the poo poo I could categorize. There's a whole other list of no-brainers that I watch every year like Return of the Living Dead, The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, American Werewolf in London, Hellraiser, Psycho, and Black Christmas.

There will be some very tough decisions this year.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I love genuine horror movies and October is my favorite month.
I've seen too many at this point and all I can do for the most part is rewatch a select few every year and hope good new ones come out.

I need ghost movies and lots of them, Paranormal Activity and The Conjuring were good fun as recent examples.
Poltergeist is probably my favorite one of all time, I've never seen the sequels, should I?

Also, I plan to rewatch most of Wes Craven's filmography in honor of his passing, any standouts besides Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes(never saw the original just the remake, might fix that), and Scream?

My definitive watch list is mostly a hodge podge of stuff I've been wanting to rewatch:
Evil Dead Trilogy
Poltergeist 1(maybe the sequels)
The Omen
Pet Sematary
Nosferatu

And really whatever else Netflix hopefully adds in October.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Deakul posted:

I need ghost movies and lots of them, Paranormal Activity and The Conjuring were good fun as recent examples.
Poltergeist is probably my favorite one of all time, I've never seen the sequels, should I?

I love haunted house movies too. Poltergeist is quality, and it's PG. If I recall correctly the rumor I heard it was the steak/face scene and the microwave scene from Gremlins that prompted the creation of PG-13. No idea how accurate that rumor is though. In regards to the sequels. Part 2 I enjoyed. 3 not so much. Neither are as good as the first.

One of my favorite haunted house moves is Legend of Hell House. It's from '73, so it's on the slower side, but it's dripping with atmosphere. There are two different haunted house flicks called House. One is Japanese from '77. Imagine if John Hughes and Sam Rami made a movie and you'll begin to get an idea of how it is. The other is from '86 and is just plain fun. Amityville Horror ('79) is decent, but as a fan of haunted house flicks you should really watch it. The sequels are pretty blah, although I have a soft spot for the third. I haven't seen it in forever, but I remember Burnt Offerings ('76) being really good. Event Horzion ('97) is a haunted house movie on a space ship and its awesome. Ghosthouse ('88) is neat with some fun kills, things happen outside the house so I might be stretching it with this one. Boo ('05) was a fine time. I watched it on Hulu a few months ago. It takes place in a haunted hospital. Under the Bed ('12) might be pushing it as a haunted house flick. I thought it was going to be horrid, but I actually enjoyed it for what it was. The Hole ('09) is a PG-13 haunted house-ish one too that might not be what you're looking for. Stuff happens in the day time, which I'm always a fan of.

That's all I can think of right now, it's late.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 11, 2015

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Why did you spell Barbara like that

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Why did you spell Barbara like that

Because that's how it's spelled in the movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Huh, neat, I didn't know!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

Have you seen The Changeling? Its a really atmospheric ghost story starring George C. Scott. I bought it on DVD this year for like 5 bucks.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Watrick posted:

I love haunted house movies too. Poltergeist is quality, and it's PG. If I recall correctly the rumor I heard it was the steak/face scene and the microwave scene from Gremlins that prompted the creation of PG-13. No idea how accurate that rumor is though. In regards to the sequels. Part 2 I enjoyed. 3 not so much. Neither are as good as the first.

It was more of a grouping thing. Movies like Gremlins, Poltergiest, and Temple of Doom, along with comedies that straight up showed tits prompted that rating.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Huh, neat, I didn't know!

Now you do! And since I answered your question, it's only fair that you answer one of mine. What horror movies are you watching this year?

Darko posted:

It was more of a grouping thing. Movies like Gremlins, Poltergiest, and Temple of Doom, along with comedies that straight up showed tits prompted that rating.

If figured as much. I remember seeing this fantasy movie where there was straight up side boob and some nipple visible, yet it was PG.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Airplane had a woman run right in front of the camera and jiggle her boobs and was PG, as an example.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The last horror movie I saw was Brain Damage and it was...interesting. I'm in a mood for schlocky, campy and cheesy horror flicks (quality be damned as long as its entertaining and, yes, I'm aware of Troma) this October. James Rolfe (aka AVGN) made a list for his annual Monster Madness years back dedicated to this type of horror and I've made that one up as a reference. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics like The Exorcist and The Shining but there is just something about cheap exploitation flicks.

Deakul posted:

Sinister is a great ghost film made recently (The nature of Baghul will create debate but all the classic ghost-movie tropes are utilized well complete with quiet house in the country freshly moved-into); nice and creepy and really one anyone should watch on a quiet and dark night alone. I haven't seen the sequel yet but I heard it takes a dump on the original so watch it if you dare, I guess.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 12, 2015

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Justin Godscock posted:

The last horror movie I saw was Brain Damage and it was...interesting. I'm in a mood for schlocky, campy and cheesy horror flicks (quality be damned as long as its entertaining and, yes, I'm aware of Troma) this October. James Rolfe (aka AVGN) made a list for his annual Monster Madness years back dedicated to this type of horror and I've made that one up as a reference. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics like The Exorcist and The Shining but there is just something about cheap

If this is the list you're basing yours off of (http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/) I have a few more you should check into.

Black Roses ('88)
Deadtime Stories ('86)
Waxwork ('88)
Waxwork 2 ('92)
Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl-O-Rama ('88)
Killer Nerd ('91)
Evil Toons ('92)
Seed People ('92)

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
This year, I'm going to try to watch a ton of shits. Let's Scare Jessica to Death is an atmospheric gem. I'm probably going to watch Black Sunday and Nightmare Castle. I've been watching lots of Hammer stuff recently, but haven't seen The Mummy in a long time, and it's an old favourite, so I'll probably check that one out this October.

I usually try to throw in a Fulci flick, maybe City of the Living Dead or something. I'm thinking of re-watching Hell of the Living Dead this year, too. I'll also need to find time for Night of the Living Dead.

I'm also planning on working my way through Halloween 1, 2 and 3 and The Fog. I'll re-watch all of the classic Universal monster movies, and probably The Old Dark House. These ones I'll probably get into later in the month.

I'll be trying to cram lots of other stuff in, too, like some of the Corman/Vincent Price Poe movies and more modern fare like Re-Animator, Trick 'r' Treat and the OTHER Trick 'r' Treat! I'm really excited for this season, and I've got the last week of October off work. Hoping to get some good discussions going itt.

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 12, 2015

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Sometime earlier this year I remembered that Parents exists so I got it and was planning to save it for October but couldn't wait. Probably will watch it yet again because it owns. Definitely going to make a point of watching Haxan though, maybe with some friends who haven't seen it before, and I realized the other day I haven't seen Gremlins since I was a kid so that's on the list.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Watrick posted:

Now you do! And since I answered your question, it's only fair that you answer one of mine. What horror movies are you watching this year?

Oh man I dunno! I'm always terrible at sticking to lists so main goal is to get through more of the "canon" that I haven't seen yet. Also I've had a strong urge to rewatch Nightmare on Elm Street 3 for a while for some reason, so, pumped for that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't have any drat idea what I'll watch this year but I'll try to watch stuff I've never seen.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Also I've had a strong urge to rewatch Nightmare on Elm Street 3 for a while for some reason, so, pumped for that.

The reason is that it's bad rear end :colbert:.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't have any drat idea what I'll watch this year but I'll try to watch stuff I've never seen.

What are some things you haven't seen that you'd like to?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Watrick posted:

What are some things you haven't seen that you'd like to?

I'm going to have to go back into the 40's and before. I am keeping an eye out for stuff but it's surprisingly tough to come up with a good answer right now. I just recently saw Tomb of Ligeia recently and it was fuckin' great.

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?
Last year I watched 31 horror movies in October and it nearly killed me. This year my plan is to watch every episode of Tales from the Crypt, which should be slightly shorter.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Namirsolo posted:

Last year I watched 31 horror movies in October and it nearly killed me. This year my plan is to watch every episode of Tales from the Crypt, which should be slightly shorter.

Kudos to you for doing that! What were some you watched last year?

And Tales from the Crypt is great. That's a fantastic idea. You'll be getting a variety with that for sure.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm going to be getting a head start in September by going to a double feature of Evil Dead II and Halloween III: Season of the Witch. The same theater in October is showing a double feature of Horror of Dracula and the Curse of Frankenstein. I think I'm going to shoot for fitting 31 horror movies in the month of October and see if it kills me. Aside from dedicating a week to revisiting Craven and following up on odds and ends that I've been meaning to get around to like From Beyond and Pontypool. Looks like October is going to be a busy month.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Marcus Theaters is showing the 31' Dracula in a double feature with the Spanish version on the 25-28th of October. I'm going to at least try to make it to that.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Justin Godscock posted:

The last horror movie I saw was Brain Damage and it was...interesting. I'm in a mood for schlocky, campy and cheesy horror flicks (quality be damned as long as its entertaining and, yes, I'm aware of Troma) this October. James Rolfe (aka AVGN) made a list for his annual Monster Madness years back dedicated to this type of horror and I've made that one up as a reference. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics like The Exorcist and The Shining but there is just something about cheap exploitation flicks.

Syngenor is cheap, dumb, bizarre, and features David Gale going COMPLETELY off the rails. Forbidden World is also cheap, dumb, and bizarre but is a much, much better movie and I mention it whenever I can. Slime City is a New York splatter-fest in the vein of Hennenlotter.

As for me, I'm planning on watching movies I own but have never seen. There's a lot of them.

cthulusnewzulubbq fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 14, 2015

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm going to be getting a head start in September by going to a double feature of Evil Dead II and Halloween III: Season of the Witch. The same theater in October is showing a double feature of Horror of Dracula and the Curse of Frankenstein. I think I'm going to shoot for fitting 31 horror movies in the month of October and see if it kills me. Aside from dedicating a week to revisiting Craven and following up on odds and ends that I've been meaning to get around to like From Beyondand Pontypool. Looks like October is going to be a busy month.

Absolutely make a point of seeing From Beyond. I watch it and Re-Animator every year and to tell you the truth I get more pumped for From Beyond. If I had to make a top-5 list of the most "fun" horror movies it would probably be:

1. Return of the Living Dead
2. From Beyond
3. Evil Dead 2
4. American Werewolf in London
5. Re-Animator

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Basebf555 posted:

Absolutely make a point of seeing From Beyond. I watch it and Re-Animator every year and to tell you the truth I get more pumped for From Beyond. If I had to make a top-5 list of the most "fun" horror movies it would probably be:

2. From Beyond
3. Evil Dead 2
5. Re-Animator

Where is Dead Alive?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

Where is Dead Alive?

Probably would have ended up as #8 or 9 if I were doing a top-10 list. This is the best of the best after all, its tough competition.

I love Stuart Gordon though, I enjoy his style much more than Peter Jackson. From Beyond is probably Stuart Gordoniest movie ever, even more so than Re-Animator.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been coming up with a list of stuff I want to watch that I haven't seen before. Last year I spent time going through the Val Lewton cycle and had a ton of fun with those. This year I'm looking at seeing the following:

1. Evil Dead Trilogy
2. The Thing (2011)
3. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
4. Christopher Lee Dracula cycle (I've seen several of these already, but I want to watch all of the ones I haven't seen.)
5. The Mummy (1932)
6. Predator
7. Shadow of the Vampire
8. The Last Broadcast
9. Some other stuff, hopefully.

The Thing and Dawn of the Dead remakes are because I watched the originals last year. Not sure what else I could throw in here: I want some foreign horror films, but I'm not quite sure what to put as I've seen Haxan, both versions of Nosferatu, and Vampyr already. Any recommendations?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 14, 2015

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

I want some foreign horror films, but I'm not quite sure what to put as I've seen Haxan, both versions of Nosferatu, and Vampyr already. Any recommendations?

Seen any Italian horror? Bava, Argento, and Fulci are the obvious names.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

2. From Beyond
3. Evil Dead 2
5. Re-Animator

I want to second this. From Beyond is just fantastic. It's really dark. And that's a good list, Basebf555. They're all really fun. Although I would have Night of the Demons on that list too. I don't know in place of what though.

Basebf555 posted:

Seen any Italian horror? Bava, Argento, and Fulci are the obvious names.

I wanna put in Soavi too.

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

Watrick posted:

Kudos to you for doing that! What were some you watched last year?

And Tales from the Crypt is great. That's a fantastic idea. You'll be getting a variety with that for sure.

A lot of things that I watched last year were re+-watches. Trick R Treat is an annual one for me. I also watched Scream for the first time in years. I used to be obsessed with it in high school and it was nice to revisit it. I think that it really holds up.

Some highlights were Eyes Without a Face (first watch, shameful, I know), Never Sleep Again (the Nightmare on Elm Street documentary), and Paranorman.

I watched a bunch of Tales from the Crypt back in the day, but I haven't seen much apart from what Lurdiak shows on the Scream Stream. I love campy horror and I can't wait to watch more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just wanted to pop in to say that if you guys can't decide on what to watch during October, you're all welcome at the Scream Stream (thread pending), which will be showing Horror/Halloween themed films every weekend for all of October.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

So my goal for October is to watch 100 horror flicks from 12am on the first through 11:59 on the 31st. I had made a list of different movies, but I didn't want to buy movies for something like this and have it fall through. So, I made a a new list based more around Hulu, Netflix, and what I own. Here it is:

A Girl walks home alone at night
basket case 2
Begotten
The Beyond
Bird with the crystal plumage
The Birds
black sabbath
black sunday
blob, the
boo
brood
Carriers
CHUD
cloth, the
COnjuring
Convent
Cottage
Cronos
Cube
cure
Dead and buried
dead before dawn
deadtime stories
dementia 13
Demon Wind
demons
dumplings
emotion
Event Horizon
evil dead
Flesh for Frankenstein
fly, the
The Fog
Friday the 13th
frogs
From Beyond
ginger snaps
Gore-Gore Girls
Gutterballs
Halloween 3
haunting of whaley hosue
haxan
hellbent
hellraiser
hellraiser 2
henry
here comes the devil
home movie
house
house by the cemetery
house of the devil
house of whipcord
house on haunted hill
house on sorority row
House on the edge of the park
The House that Dripped Blood
howling 6
Inferno
intruder
It Follows
Jacobs Ladder
jigoku
ju-on
jug face
kill baby kill
Lake Mungo
Legend of Hellhouse
Lifeforce
night breed
Night of the demons
night of the living dead
Nightmare on Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street 3
nosferatu
Peeping Tom
phantom of the opera
Phenomenea
Poltergiest
Possession
Prince of darkness
prowler
puppet master
re-animator
rosemary's baby
Shining
sisters
sleepaway camp 2
sleepaway camp 3
Society
Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl O Rama
Splinter
Stagefright
Stenhal syndrome
Suspiria
tales from the darkside
terror in the haunted house
The Lamp
Trick R treat
Waxwork
waxwork 2
white zombie
wicked little things
The woman

This isn't isn't exact. I may pop different things in or out, but I have something concrete.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lurdiak posted:

Just wanted to pop in to say that if you guys can't decide on what to watch during October, you're all welcome at the Scream Stream (thread pending), which will be showing Horror/Halloween themed films every weekend for all of October.

I never post in CD but this was what I was just going to ask about. I think it was you last year who was streaming stuff and it was really fun watching the movies and chatting.

Wes Craven ruined my childhood. Like, seriously. I saw NOES 3 when I was 4 and I didn't sleep with my light off until I was about 12 or so. Completely honest. Yeah I'm a pussy. It happens. When I was 18-20 or so I was a bit tired of the fear so I rented every single NOES movie and watched them back to back with a few of my friends. It ended up being a good time and I got over my fear of them, and am actually quite obsessed with the movies now. The "Never Sleep Again" documentary is excellent. I'm probably going to watch them again this year. I want to watch a lot of horror movies this horror season.

One problem though...

I just got my own house and am completely alone. I have a basement. :ohdear:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just got my own house and am completely alone. I have a basement. :ohdear:

Make sure you watch The House By The Cemetery.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

InfiniteZero posted:

Make sure you watch The House By The Cemetery.

Is it a weird opinion that I like House by the Cemetery a lot more than City of the Living Dead? I'll be rewatching both in October so maybe I'll revise that opinion, I've only seen them once each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Not weird at all.

• Locked thread