Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The academy towers over the rest of the buildings of the district. A testament to city 54's dedication to education as anyone who is anyone will tell you. It is in the center of the neatly organized academic district. It serves as one of the city's transport hubs allowing students to get to class dry. Which is good because it's another ten days of rain according to the forecast. Just another day, the same weather and the same class. Efficiently organized you are all placed in a small class for each of your classes based off learning style. Mr. Goldberg has been assigned for your history lessons. Being a refugee from the boarderlands gives him a unique perspective on the time before the empire. The classroom is a circle focused on a projector in the center. The stark white walls have a few posters from Mr. Goldberg to give some much needed life to the room.

Kevin Cheung, what did your mother say that makes you think she knows you're chasing after a girl. Do you think your folks would approve of Zìyóu? How much do they hold onto the vestigial regional culture of old?

Harmony Blue, what trouble born of a misunderstanding did you have this morning? Does this sort of thing happen often?

Morgan Smith, there was some gossip you over heard in the lab about Mr. Goldberg. What was it? Is academics whispering behind each others' backs a typical thing you run into?

Zìyóu Williams, when you bumped into Sarah how did you wish you handled it, and what actually happened?

Catherine Lee, What big even caused DAMOCLES to hatch up a scheme this morning, and why does your assigned part seem a bit out of your depth?

Mr. Goldberg is late today, which is odd. However it gives you time to socialize with your classmates that isn't normally allotted.

-------------
pre:
               [Teagen]   [ John  ]
             [Rachel]       [ York  ]
           [Harmony]     I     [Zìyóu ]
             [Michael]       [ Kevin ]
               [ Morgan]   [ Cate ]
OOC thread here
String sheet here

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom | Conditions: Pretentious

Rain always makes me feel bad, I can't really paint in the rain outside so I am stuck inside, and that can either be okay, or me trying to remind my parents that I exist. I bumped into Sarah today, and I knew everything was going to be perfect. I had found an old book called the "Grapes of Wrath" which really wasn't much about grapes, but still. It was going to be great, I could ask her about it, and she would tell me everything and then we would be super best of friends. I had even taken a few notes on parts that I had questions to read about. So anyway, I was super prepared.

I came up to Sarah and gave a little cough so she would notice me and she looked up from her book, "Oh hey." She said with vague uneasy recognition that I was very use too. "Hey-" I gulped, "-I read this book Grapes-" I paused for a moment and looked down at my notes and she sighed bored. "Oh you mean Grapes of Wrath? Yeah that is a great study in the old ancient Capitalistic society and the fall of the american empire. Really ancient stuff, I read that as a kid, did you just read that?" She looked scornfully at me and I looked down continuing, "You should really read something more your age."

Her words like daggers into my chest, the breathing came out a bit ragged, "Oh- yeah." This was an opportunity to get a conversation going still, "-O-old favorite reread it for fun." I said, slipping my little notes in my pocket, "W-hat is li-ke it?" I ask tentatively, and then a boy came up and ruined it, "I'll tell you later." She waved me off as she started talking to him. I kinda just walked away quietly.

So in class, I was miserable my head down on my desk and wondering why I hadn't tried to find a better book that made me seem smarter. Hopefully she would forget it, and then we could become the best of friends. And it was raining, today was really kinda terrible.

quote:

Character Sheet: Zìyóu Williams - Sasquatch

Look: Sweet with sparkling eyes

Origin: Painted herself out of the picture

Musk Scent: Wet Acrylic Paint

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: 2
Sasquatch Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Musk - You have a distinct smell, unpleasant to some, intriguing to others. When you sweat in the presence of other people, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, the MC gives you a String on someone there and they choose:
* compliment you,
* apologize to you,
* give themselves to you.
• On a 7-9, the MC gives you a String on someone there, and that character gives you a Condition, delivered in the most appropriate way.

Hidden In The Scenery - When it appears that you're not around, you may roll with dark. On a 10 up, you're there and you remain completely unnoticed.
• On a 7-9, you're here, and somebody sees. If they don't draw attention to you, they gain a String on you at the end of the scene.

Disappear - When you run away, on a 10 up you may instead choose this result:
* you slip from view and remain there, invisible.
On a 7-9, add this option to the list:
* you disappear on the spot, causing wild confusion, and the witness who cares the most about you gets a String on you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move - The person you have sex with smells like you afterward, and gains the Condition scented. If they face their peers before scrubbing it off, they mark experience.

Darkest Self - Now, right now, it's time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It's time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard that they'll never even dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they've ever hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Your Backstory - You've been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Stats: Hot -1x Cold 2 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Oh, what a strange and great day it has been already!

First off, it is raining today, and is supposed to for quite some time! I am so happy, I love the rain and this city gets tons of it! I was so sad when I heard it is uncommon for surface areas - did you know some of them do not get rain hardly at all? Oh, sorry, got distracted! Second, this morning, the good cereal hadn't been eaten up at the Orphanarium! It usually has been by the time I am done showering, but starting a day without getting wet somehow feels very wrong to me, so I always do that.

Best of all, on the way to the transit, one of the vendor machines became very generous! First it put on a sparkler show, which was very cool, and then it released some smoke, and then it started shooting out snacks and chips! Some of them were not even singed that badly. I grabbed some and thanked the machine - everyone else just stared at it - and then some of the authority men showed up! The local security forces, I think they are called. They were mad at me for taking it! It was not stealing like they said it was. But they were so understanding when I was about to start crying - I was upset, I did not want to upset anyone - so they let me go! I was so confused, but that is normal, so I thanked them both like I had the machine. Even made it onto the bus on time too.

Though there is still bad stuff. I need my pelt back soon or I will be stuck up here, and Catherine wants me to... eww it is so mean, she wants me to make Kevin like like me. So I have to... Having sat down in my desk, putting my bag over the back and logging into the terminal as myself, I look to see that both Kevin and Catherine are here. Well, there is no time like the present right? That is a human saying, but it is right for now.

Leaving my desk and drifting over towards them, I wave at everyone like it is a new chance to introduce myself - it is a new day after all. "Good morning everyone!" I report happily, then fixate on Kevin. "Kevin, you look very nice." I then look towards Catherine, to make sure she saw me start doing what she said.

<Rauri-afk> Turn on Kevin
<Rauri-afk> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri-afk, 5-1 = 4
Technically should've added one since it's to get pelt back, but didn't matter. Hard move, marking xp.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Ugh, Harmony's an idiot. If that's the best she can do I'm going to have a real problem on my hands. Another real problem I should say given Damocles's latest demands. See there was a big news special the other day about how the Glorious agents of the Empire (I swear who writes this poo poo.) had smashed corruption once again in the school system of City 45. Reportedly the school Administrator, Morale officer and "seditious elements" in the teaching staff had conspired to teach students using illicit texts. No idea if it was true or not. I'd give it 50/50 most likely someone was short on bribe money one month and they dragged them in to encourage the rest of them. But I digress it seems though that the incident attracted Damocles's attention and now he wants me to try and replicate it here.

Me. I'm supposed to get blackmail on half the teaching staff, the senior official spy in the school and the goddamn Administrator. I'm the worst possible person to do that sort of job. I mean yeah if someone needs stabbing or something needs smuggling I'm your girl. But even with the help Damocles could provide this was going to be a big challenge. I'm not a people person. Guess I spent too long out in the borderlands with only myself and my family to rely on. But wait it doesn't have to be me that does all the legwork does it. I'm sure I can find someone to help me. I just need to find a way to persuade them.

In fact I know just the guy. Morgan. He's already covered for me once. Maybe I could get his help again. I just need to offer him an incentive. I walked over to him trying to put a bit of a strut in my step "Morgan it's great to see you again. Have you had an interesting week?" I said fluttering my eyes at him.

10:30] Ferrosol turn on morgan
[10:30] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[10:30] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 11, 2015

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

This has been a lovely day so far. It began at 4 in the morning when I was woken by Emery finally going to sleep. That seemed like as good a time as any to get dressed and help myself to the coffee grounds and banana peel that were lying on the counter, then head off to school. On the way there, I ran into Officer Clint, and we had a nice chat about how his wife was doing after the complications during her recent childbirth and his anxieties about the way his father treated him as a child. He said he'd see me soon and I said not if I see you first. He seemed sad, standing there in the rain as I left. At 5:30 the school janitors arrive, and they leave the backdoor unlocked so they can wheel their trashcans in and out, so I let myself in and got everything ready for Wugou's meeting this morning -- leaving her notes in order and squaring the chairs and adjusting the blinds so no one got sun in their eyes. Interesting agenda they have for today, what with the upcoming athletics festival and the surprise inspection. You'd think such a thing wouldn't be announced ahead of time, but then there are always people who experience time in a different order than others. They're going to see if they can get the weather changed, but I don't like their chances.

After everything was just so, I went hunting for something else to eat. This body can eat, not that it needs to, but the novelty of using the systems is so much fun, I don't think I'll ever get over it. Unfortunately, the janitors had finished changing the trashcans, I didn't want to start in early on my lunch, and stealing out of the teacher's refrigerator seemed impolite. But I did end up right outside the faculty lounge where Mr. Rault and Ms. Yuu were discussing the recent power outages that had swept the city over the past week. Ms. Yuu's whole block had lost power for the entire day, and everyone she's spoken with is baffled as to why its broken down. And unfortunately, because of the storms, it doesn't look like the solar collectors on the roofs are going to be any help. Mr. Rault suspected foreign agents, but he always suspects foreign agents; if he drops his chalk, he thinks its foreigners making extra slippery chalk to discredit him and mock the nation's educators. But to my surprise, the usually even tempered Ms. Yuu agreed with him! The outages seemed too coordinated, too regular, too well-timed to be random machine failures or system breakdowns. I need to know more about this. The AI runs on power, doesn't it? Electricity? Would it use electricity like that, for something really really big? Or could this be someone trying to kill it, and seeing how big of an area they can shut down? Before she could say anything more, Mr. Goldberg entered, and they both got real quiet. They were polite, but that stiff sort of polite I've come to recognize as not actually polite at all. Seelie polite.

And now where the heck is he? Mr. Goldberg is never late. He's so worried about his visa being pulled that he always starts class right on the dot. The only possible infraction he's approached is a few posters on the wall: A kitten doing a pull up on a tree branch with the text "Hang in There, Baby!", a chart showing the development of the nation's flag, a picture of a student writing on a piece of paper juxtaposed with two men in suits shaking hands with the text "Study Hard for Success!", and there's nothing specifically written in the school guidelines about room decoration, just convention.

As usual, I'm here early. The whole crew has filtered in, but without the professor to reign them in, I'm quickly left the only one sitting with his hands folded on his desk. Even Michael, that straight-laced guy who never takes off his junior peacekeeper uniform and never speaks, is milling about. This is really strange!

As was inevitable, one of them makes their way over. My class neighbor, the darling Catherine Lee! It's not often I'll lie to cover for someone, but she's terribly interesting and, perhaps, terribly useful. She might know what's up, or someone who could find out. I'm not quite sure what she's doing with her eyes and her posture, though. Does she not know how to do that correctly? Head at an angle to accentuate the jaw, eye contact that's open and inviting, a confidant smile... Doesn't she watch TV?

"Oh, a delightful week, thanks! I got so much done. How about you? Get up to anything fun?"

Turn someone on vs. Catherine Lee: 2d6+2 11
Mark XP

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Stats: Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh no... Ziyou looks so sad today! She's always so quiet, and hardly ever smiles, but something awful must have happened. I -- yes, today, I, I'll try to speak to her! Seeing that look on her face... I just can't stand it!

Harmony, on the other hand, is her usual bubbly self. She seems even more cheerful today than usual! "Oh, thank you," I say, tearing my eyes away from Ziyou and looking down stupidly at my jacket. "My sister got me this for last Unification Day. And you look quite nice yourself, Miss Harmony!" I add, a little too quickly. I give her a big smile to cover up not knowing what to say. I'm still not used to talking to girls, so I just follow Mom's advice and try to compliment them as often as possible. She probably didn't think I'd be using that advice on a p- on someone like Harmony, though!

The thing is, Mom's been fussier than I'd expected about my going to this school. Maybe she somehow figured out that I met Ziyou (well, we didn't talk, but I feel like I know her...)? I can tell she's up to something because she keeps bringing up all these, uh, other girls that she thinks would be... suitable. Uhm. Like Brittany Lin, the Finance Minister's daughter, you know. I guess I met her when we were around four, but I've only seen her once or twice since then, and now Mom is acting like we're life-long friends, and should be "spending time" together! We went to a party a few weeks ago and Mom just wouldn't stop pushing me in her direction. So embarrassing! I mean, Brittany is very pretty, but she... well, she's just not what I really want...

Sometimes that sort of thing starts to annoy me, just a little bit! It's apparently really popular right now to kind of imitate Hon- uh, Old City culture. At least, among my parents and their friends. So our house is decorated with all sorts of pre-imperial artifacts. Some of them are probably a little bit illegal, but nobody really minds what the Director puts in his living room, I guess. And Mom's been wearing all these cheongsam around the house and making Emily do her hair up in old styles and such. This idea of setting me up with Brittany, of having some sort of, of family alliance or something, it's just one more way of bringing back the old days.

Turn on Harmony: 2d6+2 9

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 1/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Oh wow, Kevin is very nice! I do not mean to imply that I had thought he was not nice, I am trying to say that he is extra nice! I feel myself blushing when he compliments how I look, which I did not expect. It honestly makes this even worse - if I do manage to make him love me, I will have to break his heart when I go back to the ocean! Why is he not mean, it would make this easier. Well, harder to accomplish - but it wouldn't make me feel bad.

Giving Kevin a string.

Still, I think he was just being nice - he does not like like me. I think, it is hard to tell sometimes. Humans can be weird about it, and not honest about it like us seals. I cannot take chances, I need my pelt back, and I can feel Catherine's disappointment from here somehow. I need to do a better job... what if she gets rid of it?! Or sets my super soft fur on fire or something! She is so mean, she might do anything.

"Haha, I do not have any siblings. It sounds very nice, I am glad your sister got you that jacket!" Where am I going with this? Saying the first thing that comes to mind, I blurt out, "it really makes you look quite handsome. You should wear it more often, I would like that!"

<Rauri> aight, time to be FailSelkie
<Rauri> Turn on Kevin
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4 = 4

And... realizing what I have said, I want to dive into the deepest part of the ocean but I can not since I do not have my pelt! Panicking, I look from human to human on this side of the room. "Catherine, Ziyou, Morgan, Kevin - I was hoping to reserve the swimming pool later, and have a pool party after school! It will be lots of fun! I have a very cute bathing suit too! Do you want to come?" I could not plead with my eyes and demeanor more if I tried, since I am trying very hard to do so! Please, I feel link I am sinking out here!

Expending all Harmony's strings - offering XP to Ziyou, Catherine, and Morgan to come to her impromptu pool party this afternoon. Kevin's been invited as well and hopefully will give into peer pressure.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom | Conditions: Pretentious

"Good Morn-" And then everyone else was talking over me. I hate when this happens, I prop my head up with my hand and idly sketch on the side of my art book I always bring to class. The Kevin kid that sits next to me appeared to be staring at me again, oh god, do I have something on my shirt? I looked down at my colorful shirt and over shirt and didn't see anything wrong, so I twirled my pencil in my fingers as everyone seemed to not say anything. Without much fanfare, I go back to my sketching. My paint flicked jeans and sneakers the only other things that could be embarrassing in some way, and there wasn't much to do about that.

Using a tie to tie back my hair again tighter to get it out of my face while I look down, I almost jump as Harmony the bubbly gal that always seems popular asks me to go to a pool party. "I- I'd like to come!" I said with a smile, not sure what to make of it to Harmony, "Thanks for inviting me." I thought for a moment and realized that I didn't really have a swimsuit per say, but maybe a old tank and some shorts would do just fine. If not maybe I could get my parents to realize I was there for a moment and I could get something.

"I don't really know if I have a cute bathing suit, but uh-" I thought for a moment, "I'm sure I could find a mix of clothes that works." I used broad strokes to wash over the issue away from the situation and maybe this would work out great. Normally, I was much more confident, but I mean, after the incident with Sarah, I really just needed to rebound and try to keep in the scene. That was my current focus, not fade into the backdrop, keep in the scene.

"So you like swimming Harmony? That's cool!" That was a good one! Awesome, things were looking up. See, going to have friends yet, and not disappear! I felt a bit nervous though and could almost feel like I was painting for a moment, in fact the hint of the flavor from the smell was in the back of my throat, and that was a comforting scent.

Accepting Xp and promising to go to the pool party.
2d6+2 → [4,6,2] = (12)
Musking it up over here.

*musk for ziyou is that of a freshly painted painting smell. +1 xp

2d6-1 → [2,4,-1] = (5)
Unintentional Turn on for Harmony

Sasquatch gotta squatch

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 11, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harmony & Ziyou Rachel speaks up, "Oh is that an open invitation? I'd love to come too. And don't worry Ziyou there's no shame in not affording proper swimwear. But that's how luxuries work right?" She lets out an annoying belly laugh. To punctuate her comment she brushes out some wrinkles from her silk dress. It's the type of dress that would have a renter's policy on it these days between environmental devastation and which crops earn subsidies. Considering its the only outfit you've seen Rachel in she probably does have a policy on it.

Rachel takes a string on each of you

Catherine DAMOCLES sends you a message:
    your instructor is late this is an anomaly perhaps weakness in academy structure already investigate this occurrence new item of interest the goldberg personal files

Kevin you catch a whiff of a stange aroma only to realize it's coming from Ziyou, she must do something interesting. She gains a string on you. Choose compliment/apologize/self

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1 Volatile 2Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Wow Morgan's really hot. Like super smoking hot and he's asking what I did over the weekend. Don't say murdered a nosy investigator. Don't say that anything but that.

[22:54] Ferrosol hold steady vs morgan
[22:54] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:54] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2-1 = 1
marking xp at least

"oh err um, nothing too much." I said blushing fiercely. "I just spent the time at home, alone not doing anything interesting." Oh great way to go Catherine make yourself look like a total loser to one of the hottest guys in the class and someone who'd be a perfect recruit/ally. Fortunately I was saved by Harmony who invites everyone to a party. Who am I to say no? especially if it will help her keep Kevin off my back. "I would be delighted to attend." Perhaps I could make a more successful attempt to recruit Morgan there.

taking Harmony's XP

And now Damocles is messaging me. I have an in-built comm system it works by something something quantum nano-tech in the brain. magic in other words. or at least it might as well be for all the science I understand.Hmm gather information on Mr Goldberg. Damocles what does his public biography say? might give me a few hints. I said/thought as I returned to sit back in my seat and closed my eyes for a moment.

[23:06] Ferrosol gaze about teacher
[23:06] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:06] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10
visions are clear, visions show you what you must do and give you one forward to doing it.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

"Really, nothing? That's surprising. I'd think someone lik--"

And just like that, I'm being invited to a pool party. A bit rude to interrupt, maybe, but... That is... Huh. I've never been to one of those. What does one do at a pool party? Presumably there is swimming, and I'll need to acquire a bathing costume, since I'm guessing nudity isn't an option, nor will there be leaves to drape one's self in. But the number of folks coming, yes... Yes. This is a good idea. There will be talk, gossip, and if Harmony has this sort of pull among school officials... Perhaps not the most private of places to speak, but certainly less observed than the classroom. And since Catherine seemed to react well to that look, perhaps if I did it again, she could be pushed one way or the other.

"Sure, that sounds like a great time! Just promise not to be any cuter than I am, alright?" He adjusts his tie and smiles.

Accept XP. If Harmony accepts the promise, she marks XP, and I get a string.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions:

That's somewhat... mean of Rachel. It's good for her to feel proud of herself, and she does look good in that dress... but it's better to be humble about that sort of thing, right? Still, being humble isn't always easy. I'd better say something to show that there's no need for hostility.

But as I turn to look into Ziyou's eyes, my head suddenly feels light -- what is that strange scent? -- and for some reason, these words come out of my mouth: "Oh, Ziyou, don't listen to her -- I'm sure you'll look great in anything you wear!" Oh, oh no, did I really just say that? I can't believe I'd be such an idiot... Ziyou's going to think I'm some sort of creepy stalker! Not to mention that it was very rude to poor Rachel...

Shut down Rachel: 2d6 3

Turn on Ziyou: 2d6+3 8

megane fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 13, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Catherine: Damocles feeds a stream of images into your head. His attempts at visualizing a mass stream of data for your is admirable but it doesn't always make it easier to understand. You see Mr. Goldberg with his path blocked by a Synthetic Organic Utility Lifeform. More show up until he is surrounded. They each bear the logo of Voigt inc, though they do not produce SOULs. They wrestle from him a flag of one of the borderlands nations.

Kevin: "Oh." Rachel laughs. "I'm sure you'd love to see her in beggar's swimwear. Are you sure about inviting a boy Harmony?" Take the condition Lech

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I looked at Rachel and was dumbfounded, "Well, I mean I still want to-" People started talking over me again and side conversations going on drown out my attempt to speak up again. I get kind of mad and Kevin says that I would look great in anything... I blush a deep deep scarlet and look down a bit. I felt really weird about Kevin coming to my rescue he seemed to really take more of an interest in me, but Harmony seemed to always want to be near him. I thought for sure that he would come to Harmony's defense and I grope at what to say before blurting out "Rachel you might have the most expensive outfits, but mine will be more colorful and more daring than you could even hope to have." I said rather confidently.

"You are just a dolled up ugly rich girl." I said without meaning to be so mean. I looked to Kevin and worried that he might think I am just mean, "Uh- Thanks Kevin. I'll-" I said blushing even more scarlet, I could just die,"-uh, see you at the party." maybe I should just go right now before I embarrassed myself more, but I was feeling high on putting Rachel in her place and I was so frustrated, I just sat back down and started sketching again.

I looked at Harmony and said softly half under my breath, "I'll design my own swimming suit for you Harmony, you won't regret inviting me. I'll make Rachel look like a sideshow act."

2d6-1 → [5,5,-1] = (9)
Shut down rachel

Giving Condition Ugly Rich Girl

2d6-1 → [2,6,-1] = (7)
Turn on Harmony inadvertently

Giving Kevin what he wants, a new outfit that is cooler than Rachel for the party

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1x Volatile 2Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

The hell? Why did it have to be SOULs those things are creepy as hell. Some of them look almost human, it's creepy and disturbing. But I'm pretty sure Voigt doesn't make SOULs, still Mr Goldberg has made no secret of his origins so why would him be carrying a flag be such a crime. Unless... was he a rebel? that would make my work a lot easier. But it's not the sort of thing you can just walk up to someone and ask is it. I'm going to have do some discreet hacking when I get home to take a look at those records myself. But right now there's more immediate troubles brewing. Rachel and Ziyou are fighting. Now i'm in a bit of a bind here. Both of them could be valuable to my work but in very different ways. Rachel or her family have money which is always invaluable in getting any potential revolution off of the ground. While Ziyou despite what I may have said about her in the past is actually quite a talented artist and good propaganda is hard to come by.

Still when it comes down to it you can find money anywhere and I've managed with poverty up to now. . So Ziyou it is. "Hey Rachel, stop picking on the poor kids, they can't help it if their parents don't have enough money." I said to Rachel.

15:04] Ferrosol shutdown ugly rich girl rachel
[15:04] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[15:04] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8 = 8
giving her the condition snob she can give me whatever

"I'm sure whatever you design will look...striking. And I'm sure your own will look equally as good. Ziyou I'll be looking forward to seeing you there." I smiled at her.

[15:07] Ferrosol turn on pretentious Ziyou
[15:07] Ferrosol !r 2d6#
[15:07] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8# = 8
string/promise/give self

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Lech

She spoke to me! Even her voice is beautiful. But she's blushing so much, maybe I really bothered her... ugh, I don't know what to think. I just give a vague smile as she and Rachel and Catherine argue about dresses; they seem more annoyed at each other than I expected. Oh, this whole argument is all my fault! "Yeah... it'll be a fun party; I'll look forward to seeing all of you there," I say, trying to be charming. Maybe that will smooth things over a bit?

I look up at the clock. Where is Mr. Goldberg? I hope he hasn't had an accident of some kind! The steps of the academy are not good for his knees, but he doesn't like taking the elevators for some reason.

Hm. I'm still worried about poor Catherine. I'm not sure what she's gotten herself into, but it's something bad, I know. I can tell just by looking in her eyes. And it's my duty to help a girl in trouble, right? "Uhm. Hey there, Catherine," I say, trying to distract her from the argument. "Have you... thought about what I said last time?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 1/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

They all said yes! Oh wow, this is very great!

Morgan doesn't want me to be cuter than him, which is silly - he is a boy, and a handsome one. Girls are cute, guys are handsome. That is how those words work I think. So of course I agree! It is a human joke I think. "Ha! Sure, I promise you that." It would be impossible for me to not be cuter than all the surfacers at a pool - I can swim so much better, even with these dumb legs.

Promise foolishly made, marking XP.

Speaking of looking cute, Ziyou and Rachel are arguing over swimsuits. It is a silly argument, but apparently how good they look matters a lot? I found mine in a big metal container outside with some food, but it looked good after I washed it. It even fits, which I thought was lucky. Oh! I zoned out, and Rachel asked me a question about inviting Kevin. Was that bad? He is the one I actually want to be there, though. So I look at her and shrug, which is how humans avoid social questions I think. I believe it means "I do not know, do not ask me again, please do not ask me again."

Ziyou has offered to make a suit for me, which is... wow! It is super nice of her! I can hardly believe it! "Yes, of course yes! Wow that is amazing!" I am shaking her hand with my hands in appreciation, which feels very natural to me. I should show her how to swim properly at the party, since I know how to do that and she needs to know.

Giving Ziyou a string.

Since I am still standing and people are looking at me since I invited them to the party - I should go and reserve the pool for after-school - it feels like I should say something to someone. I cannot think of anything though, so I wave at everyone and smile, then spin around and sit back down in my desk. I think that was a good exit, and I guess I should start planning. What should I say to Kevin later? To make him like me? Putting my head down on my desk and listening to the pleasant taps of rain on glass windows, I try to picture the two of us, him smiling at me... for what?

<Rauri> Fail Selkie Gaze
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
<Axe-man> oh damnnn
<Rauri> cool
Choosing clear and detailed + show me what to do (1 forward)

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

Morgan smiles. "Well, that should be a sight to see. I'm looking forward to it!"

Checking his watch, he remarks to no one in particular "Boy, Mr. Goldberg is awful late today. I don't want to ruin everyone's fun, but do you think we should check to see if something's going on? Anyone want to join me?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh- uh-" I looked down and wiggled my shoes together awkwardly. I felt like my entire body was one big blush now, and I was way too hot right now and It was way to overwhelming. "Thank you both. I'll try." I didn't know what to say, and it was all terribly confusing to me. I put my face down in my sketch pad and started sketching designs of what it should be, and tried to focus on it. Rachel was just the type to always run with what the party said and that is why she was so popular. I wouldn't say I was poor, but my family was pretty good off, just not many birthdays or really time with them.

I mean I couldn't tell anyone here that I had to sleep in the office closet cause my parents forgot I existed for a month or two. It wouldn't make sense for them, but it happened. Catherine was even being nice to me now and I wasn't sure how to handle it. I should do something nice to her, but I wasn't sure what at all.

Giving String to Catherine

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harmony:Harmony imagines herself in a museum. A small nook where not many people can see the display. Then she realizes she is the display. A canvas is draped over her with a imaged she can't make out upside down. In her hands are a book and sheet music.

+1 forward to being creative to impress Kevin

Rachel harrumphs at the not answer. "Well if I'm sooo rich to cramp your style I'll wear something that fits your income bracket." She folds her arms. "I don't need to splurge to look good, right Morgan?" She fishes for support in new pools.

Ziyou and Catherine both get hipster

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 18, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom | Conditions: Pretentious., Drained, Hipster

Sitting there, sketching I kinda went into a place I always, go where everything seemed to flow. It was filled with colors of every type and shade, and it was utterly wonderful. I imagined that I was dipping my pen in a ink that would create everything before me, twisting and turning into the perfect outfit. The one that everyone would see me in. They would finally be able to see me there and then I would never disappear, maybe everyone wouldn't like me like me, but at least I would have friends or talk to people. They would stop being mean to me, and life would get better.

It would be like having my brother back. I started to see an outfit slowly flow from my pencil on to the page.

2d6+2 → [3,2,2] = (7)
Gazing to see what outfit to wear to get everyone to like ziyou

+1 xp Taking Lucid Visions with the drained condition

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

Morgan laughs, but it seems good natured enough. "Why not a contest? That'd be fun, right Kev?" He winks at Cheung. "Short notice, I know, but if everyone promises to do their very best, who knows what sort of fun could be had? I'd love to see what creative ideas everyone can come up with."

This, of course, isn't helping him get any closer to the answer's he's looking for. Maybe that's the idea? Would the King know? Morgan leans back, drumming his fingers on the desk rhythmically, as you've seen him do on occasion, eyes closed, daydreaming perhaps? Already thinking about the outcome of his idea, perhaps?

Asking the King of Faerie "Where is Mr. Goldberg? Should I do anything about this, or is it all part of the plan?
Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 8
+1 XP -- We'll take confusing and alarming, that seems more in keeping with an entity like that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ziyou: you see yourself towering over your friends in a massive one piece. Flaps in your four cardinal directions reach the ground. The iridescent material bends light and color as it moves and gets wet. The tag is signed Leium Zhou, the famous designer commissioned by the tycoon Adrian Voigt. Finally, you notice a gift ribbon on the suit even as you wear it.

Morgan: you see Mr. Goldberg pressed up against a steel wall by a bolder. He seems to be in an opulent office room and a seedy factory at the same time. Other locations flash before your eyes. He walk through each in an abrupt transition. A rickety ship, a "bad neighborhood" of the city, and finally the class room. You realize you're just looking at him in the class room.

"Sorry about that." Mr. Goldberg looks pretty frazzled. "Some trouble with a... Relative came up." He hurries over to setting up the projector.

next prompt will be next scene.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 20, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster

I blushed so bright it felt like it hurt imagining everyone looking up and finding me attractive and even wanting me. I can't even get anyone to remember me, much less want me. Kevin tries I think, it is hard since he paints such a strange picture and he never tries to talk to me. Maybe, he doesn't really like me. That must be it. Harmony is pretty, I like her wild free spirit and wish I could be like her.

Morgan makes me feel funny and I would like him looking up at me like that, but I doubt I would. He and Catherine are all flirting, I wish I could do that. I wonder if I get a friend they will let me practice flirting with them. Sarah seemed really bookish for that, so I don't know.

"Hi Mr. Gold-" I said, cut off by him talking over me. I sigh and turn on my computer terminal. I know what I will make for Harmony! I will im her!

[Ziyou] Hey. I know what I want to give you as an outfit.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Waking up from my daydream, I am sure of what I will need to do. Be creative! If Kevin thinks I am very artistic and imaginative, he will like me more! Who knew that trying to seduce someone could be so convoluted?

I am about to go over to him to tell him that I like art, when I receive a message from Ziyou. I am so pleased whenever I get a message! A little picture bubbles up on the screen with the words on it, telling me that she knows what she wants me to wear to the swim party tonight! That is very exciting, since I am sure a new bathing suit - especially one designed by her, since she is so artistic - will help me make Kevin like like me! I am slowly getting closer to my pelt, I can feel it!

Messaging her back, I want her to know that she should be as creative as she wants! I need to impress Kevin after all.

[Harmony] Oh neat make sure it is bold and creative please :) You are so artistic and cool, want to know what you have come up with!

I beam at her after I send it - she is doing me a favor, after all. Being nice is the least I can do!

<Rauri> Fail Selkie Time
<Rauri> Turn on Ziyou
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> yusss
Taking a string on Ziyou

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

Morgan blinks a lot, way more times than ought to be necessary, then shakes his head, eyes focused on Mr. Goldberg, like he's looking through him.

Well, he's here now. That's something. But... How? From a boat? That's much too far to get from there to here, isn't it? A symbolic boat, then. His ship coming in? Something he's been waiting for? An office and a factory simultaneously? It he planning a new career? No, no, this is symbolism. It means something else. Think laterally. This would be so easy if I wasn't stuck in this stupid meat robot. A ship, a wall with metal by a rock. A factory. An office. All things with rock, rust, stone, hardness, conformity, order. An underlying structure that is covered with water, flesh... He's pressed into the metal of the wall... Is he... like me now? No, not quite like me. A replacement? A twin brother? But how to be sure? Why would he do that to us? Why would they do that? drat this stupid body and stupid brain. I can't be sure. I need more information. Catherine has information... Perhaps this afternoon will provide opportunities to bring this up, subtly.

"No worries, Mr. G. Family's important. Just please promise not to be late tomorrow, would ya?" He grins that same old winning grin you see every day.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster

Oh, my! Harmony thinks I'm cool! No one thinks I'm cool, this is so weird, I feel so weird and happy about that, like, I wanted to give her a big hug and kiss her. She would hate that though, and it would be all weird. Biting my lip, I look at the screen and then at Harmony and smile back. I feel like the temperature in the room raised like twenty Celsius. Looking back at my computer, I start to type back to her not wanting to make a scene or being too much of a weirdo.

[Ziyou] Thanks so much. You are making me blush so hard. You are really pretty so I was thinking that I would give you something for modesty and then painting your body with some ocean scenes. If you don't mind me doing that, it would be water proof paint so you could swim with it, but it would take a bit of me painting on you.

I felt like I was blushing even more because it was almost like being secretly vulgar. Like it was an attempt to see Harmony naked or something. It couldn't be that right? It was for the art. Yes. Definitely for the art.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hmm relatives. Truth is I don't even know if our teacher is married or what. Still it seems it's not just him I'm going to have to dig into to find any dirt. If he's got relatives they could be the source of whatever his problem is. Or the whole thing could be a complete excuse. See humans are tricky I think that's why Damocles keeps me around He could probably organise a revolution if he has to but he has a hard time understanding what makes humans tick. So I handle the messy meat based parts and he does the hacking. It's got us this far at least. Of course now it's the hard part. "Damocles can you run a search on family members of Mr Goldberg. Looks like one of his relatives has been naughty and I'd like to know who." Meanwhile I feigned rapt attention to the presentation. Some of what I've learnt in this school has been a real education way better than the spotty one I got in the wasteland but the Empys propaganda on the border states isn't.

per word of the king elsewise powering into Uncanny voices and giving Damocles two strings for it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Location: Mr. Goldberg's Class | Conditions: Lech

Oh dear... Ziyou's distracted messing with her computer and the teacher's arrived -- I've missed my chance to talk to her! But I suppose it's for the best; she's smiling, at least. And I don't want to embarrass her by bothering her in front of everyone... yes, I've got to find the right moment! Only... I'm not sure if I actually know how. Is she in any of my other classes? I... I'm not sure! How could I have missed her? Well, I mean -- she's so quiet. But still, I should know that sort of thing!

Okay, no. Today is the day, i-if not today then tomorrow. Oor Friday. I will tell her how I feel.

Uhm. Soon.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The second Ziyou's message comes back to me, I nearly jump out of my seat with joy. That sounds so cool! Being painted to look like the ocean while swimming, that is so great! How could she know I would like that that much? She must be... Octopus-level smart! Smiling at her across the room, she looks like she is as happy as I am! I should have tried to befriend her a while ago, she is much more open to the possibility than I had thought. I wonder who else would like to be my friend in the class I have not given a chance yet. I only have a few weeks left, I should make as many as I can!

Before the teacher starts class, I message her back.

[Harmony]: Oh wow! I am so glad you think I am pretty, I think so too! The Ocean Paint sounds so cool, I did not know that was a thing! I would love that soooooooooooo much! No one has ever painted on me before either, so I say yes yes yes to that! The Ocean is my favorite place in the whole world, I am glad you guessed that!

After sending that, I browse to the computer screen that has the pool sign-ups on it. I will need to reserve it for later, but these computers are so confusing sometimes! I hope no one has reserved the pool, and also, that I can figure out how to do so myself. Class will start soon, so I need to hurrry!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Catherine: subject goldberg relation analysis reveals other goldberg in consortium upper echelon interaction between seems minimal

---------

New Scene!

Everyone is let out for the free lunch period. There is of course the municipal food vendor machines but the academy has its own food vendors with with you can pay for some flavor if you don't mind the loss in nutrition. That is if you didn't just brown bag it.

Kevin: York catches up with you on your way out of the classroom. "Hey man that Rachel is always crazy, huh? Think she's all talk?" He playfully elbows you. "You should egg her on dude, I think she's trying to get you to notice." Whether he thinks you should encourage Rachel doing something racy for your own or his benefit is up in the air with his eager look. What do you do?

Harmony: Pool reservations require a 2-A form sent to Administrator Chang and Instructor Brahe. Do you usually find yourself overwhelmed with all the red tape the surface world has?

Morgan: Mr. Goldberg seems to be staring at you after the lesson ends. He catches himself and shakes his head. Do you think it's nothing?

Catherine: You bump into Sarah while you're leaving class, do you know her? She sneers at you for being an unwashed American. Is this the sort of treatment to your face you've come to expect?

Ziyou: Are you prepared for this project of yours? Supplies wouldn't be too hard but where are you going to paint Harmony? Now would be the time to figure it out.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallway -> Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster

I have the straps and the paint supplies, and I knew exactly where I would get everything ready. There was only place, the old and disused family garage, from a time when personal automobiles were common place and the wasteful use of carbon eked up toward the sky. Now it was my art pad, and even when my family forgets me, they leave that room alone. It has always been mine and it is the place that I feel the most comfortable, but most of all, it is a place that where I can have privacy. I suppose it doesn't matter much now days, since most of the time they don't remember me.

However, I am going to need to get waterproof body paint, unless she really wants to wear my mural for... well depends how much she wants to take a acetone bath afterwards otherwise. It shouldn't be too hard to find, maybe the school storage would have some! I started walking toward the school art room with my books held in front of me, as I looked in front of me. I always was worried that everyone was staring at me, and like would find something wrong with me. I don't know why, but I felt better when I cast my eyes on the floor and walked as fast as I could to the room.

I opened the door to the art supply room entered slowly, thankfully no one around at the moment to see me. Hopefully this would be easy, I mean what could go wrong?!

2d6+1 → [4,4,1] = (9)
Musking it up at the art supply room

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 28, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

Pool reservations require a what now?! How would I even find that? I do not have one of those forms. I tried to look on the computer, but it just had applications and files. I did not see an entry for forms anywhere! Packing up my things to leave, super frustrated with the computer terminal (I would hit it, but that does not make them work better like it should), I see that Catherine is leaving! Ahh! I need her help, so I can do what she wants, so she will give me my pelt back!

Following after her, Sarah is talking to her about washing - I guess for the party - which is important before people get in pools. Pools are like the ocean; it is not nice to put pollutants into them! I have to interject though, so I bump in between them. Sorry Sarah!

"Catherine?" I ask her, afraid to make her mad. What if I do, and she gets rid of my pelt? It would be awful! So I try and make myself look as nice as possible, and I give her seal eyes. I have heard people call them puppy-dog eyes, but seals are cuter than puppies, everyone knows that. They should be called seal eyes! "Could I borrow you for a second?" I am being so sweet and nice, she is sure to say yes - even if she is horrible and mean.

<Rauri> Fail Selkie turn on Catherine
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4-1 = 3
Dammit Harmony. Marking XP at least.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well at least I could switch my brain off while watching that crappy propaganda hatchet job on my home. Smiling happy faces when the Empire came. Yeah right. Tell that to the old folks starving. To the orphans to the parents whose children die of diseases the empire could stop in weeks if it tried. I'm not the nicest person don't get me wrong. But sugar-coating poison like is the prime reason I hate the Empire and want to take it down.

To make matters worse as I leave I ran right into the last person I wanted to meet. Sarah. She's quiet and seems to have her head in the clouds most of the time. But she's a true believer and when the state says "jump" she says "how high". When the state tells her Americans are untrustworthy she agrees. I mean in theory everyone is equal under the empire. But some are more equal. As North America was home to some of the last major hold-outs it's people are still somewhat distrusted by those in power and this can filter down the chain to people like her.

While I'd changed my appearance and voice I'd not bothered to try and disguise my point of origin figuring the risk of slipping up on some bit of culture I should know as a citizen of City 201 for example was a bigger risk than just pretending to be a loyal North American. I'm not sure how many were true believers and how many just went along because it was easier but Sarah was part of the knot the cadre people who'd probably be imperial footsoldiers sooner or later. Idiots. And she had it in for me.

"Well, well, well.. Our half tamed barbarian" she said in that smug and oh so superior voice. "Come to get some lunch? do they even have Soy bars in your backwards land... I bet you don't even know how to work a vending machine. Or can afford to use one." I could feel my hands tightening reaching for the knife I didn't dare carry with me to school. Instinctive I know. A bad habit certainly. But there are other weapons that I could use instead. "No it's actually quite easy." I replied "but if you need help I can walk you through it again. Another five or six times and you'll be able to do it on your own like a big girl."

[23:29] Ferrosol shut down sarah
[23:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
giving Sarah the condition Imbecile.

Before I can say anything more I might regret though Harmony pulls me to one side. She stairs at me with those big eyes of hers looking like she's about to cry. "Sure what's the problem?" I said leaning in a bit too close to prevent anyone hearing what we would be discussing.

[23:35] Ferrosol turn on harmony
[23:35] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:35] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
spending a string to knock that up to 7 so string/promise/self

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

A long, lingering look. What does it mean? Is he on to me? Does he know I'm on to him? Or, is he here to investigate me, and they've replaced him to investigate replacing me, so they can then put him back in place with a replacement me, to monitor the old him... Arrrgh! No, no, stay calm. Let this horrible thing wash over you. Don't be that person. You've handled such fetches before. It's the body, not the mind, doing these things to you. But the uncertainty...

Cate might know, but she's getting tugged outside by Harmony and there's no way to follow without looking weird. Just have to hold out until this afternoon, then. Oh yes, right. Where does one obtain a bathing costume on short notice? Would there be time to sneak off campus in between now and then? Is fashionably late something that's done among this age cohort? No, no, certainly not.

First, essentials: food comes from the now accessible vending machines, 1000 calories of A1, the button that is quickest to press, and coincidentally enough, the bar that is easiest to eat. Four bars, three bites a piece, done. Then, hunting. Perhaps something acceptable can be scrounged from the men's swim team? Something functional, that won't attract attention, at the very least. A back up plan, if the rushing after school won't work.

School bag over shoulder, a stack of papers in hand for the purposes of appearing to be on Official School Business, and right down the halls. But who is this sliding slyly into the art supply room?

"Hello classmate, fancy seeing you here."
Turn on Ziyou: 2d6+2 4
Ha, ha, nope...
Mark XP

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallway -> Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster

"Oh!" I jump up and look at Morgan standing in front of the open door way. "Oh- himorganjustlookingforsupplies." I shot out of my mouth without thinking about it, I liked liked Morgan and he totally didn't know I existed. The way he said hi it sound like he had caught me doing something and I was so nervous. Now he was in between me and the door. Catherine would be so mad if she knew I was in here, and that was the truth, I had seen the way she looked at Morgan.

Shifting my hips awkwardly, I move back into the room like Morgan is going to pounce me like a tiger, "So- So what are you doing?" I asked with way to much fear in my voice, this was terrible. I just wanted paints, why did this have to be so bad?

2d6-1 → [1,3,-1] = (3)
Turn on Morgan

Sasquatch gotta sasquatch!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Catherine: You feel a collection of eyes burn a hole into the back of your head as you walk away. Sarah doesn't say anything but the atmosphere says enough.
Gain Pariah

Morgan and Ziyou: As the door closes behind you there is a barely audible click. It is locked. At the same time you notice the acrylic aroma coming from Ziyou without a draft to circulate it. You're musked

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Location: Mr. Goldberg's Class | Conditions: Lech

I've brought my own lunch, of course; my mother says all the food they serve here is unhealthy so she always has a lunch packed for me. As we move into the cafeteria, I let York tag along; I look around, hoping to catch a glance of Ziyou, but she's nowhere in sight. Oh well.

For a second I hesitate, trying to figure out why he's talking to me in the first place. We've hardly spoken before, since we... well, I guess we just... haven't had a chance. Ahem. I guess he's just being friendly? "Rachel? Oh, man, I dunno," I laugh. "I never know what girls are thinking!" Isn't that the truth; I don't even know where Ziyou is!

I... I wonder if York's hoping I'll help him talk to Rachel? Surely he knows she wouldn't really be interested in me! He's just being polite about asking for an introduction... I smile and punch him gently on the arm. "Hey, who knows, maybe it's not me she's got her eye on, hm?"

Turn on York: 2d6+2 5

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Kevin: York shakes his head. "Do you really not notice the way they look at you dude?" He laughs. "That must be what they like about you. You stand there and look pretty and don't think too much. I think I talk too much for the ladies I think. But that confront me much. Not really interested in being caught in the bloodbath between those three. I might watch though."

Kevin gains Airhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

Wow, Catherine is very intense. In a good way, but also in a bad way, since she is mean. I wish we were friends though.

Giving Catherine a string.

"It is about what you wanted." I whisper to her, then lean back, trying to look normal. "I need help filling these forms out for the party later. Would you mind helping me?" I am fairly sure she can. Since it helps her, I think she probably will too. I indicate to the computer terminal, tapping it to turn the screen back on. "I want the party to be a lot of fun, and for a lot of people to be there. That way, we can make sure everyone has a really great time!" Specifically though, Kevin and me have to. That way I'll get my Pelt back!

• Locked thread