Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallway -> Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster

"Oh no!" I said and ran to the door and tried the door knob. It was locked, looking at Morgan, I was queasy. He was locked in a room with me, everyone knew what happened when someone you liked was in the room with you. Oh no, I didn't know how to kiss what he wants to kiss what is going to happen this is all going bad. What will I do? I just wanted to get paints.

I started looking over the shelves for paints and looked down to my feet a bit, blushing intensely. "I think we are locked in. Um, I hope not too bad to be locked in with me." I tried to be nice, that was nice right? Moving slowly over to the paints, I looked which were non water soluble, but wouldn't never wash off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Condition:

"Well, you see an open door, you get tempted---"

to look inside, eh? I was going to say before the door slammed shut behind us with an echoing "Click!" It's a slightly complicated juggle to move the papers from one arm to the other and also check that the door was definitely locked. Yep. Stuck. Trapped. It's not that I don't trust her. It's that...

Okay, deep breath here. Nothing to worry about. It's just a simple human lock, in a human room in school, with regular classmate Ziyou. That's fine. It's nothing like being planted into the roots of Yggdrasil or placed in the Six Sided Box for a thousand years because you spoke out of turn or...

"Ha, yes. I'm fine. Totally fine. I just get a little claustrophobic, sorry."

Turn away from the door and look at the floor, the ceiling, Ziyou, anything but the walls or the locked door. Try to ignore the heady smell of acrylic that's overwhelming the nasal receptors. Try to stay upright and coherent. Don't ask her to paint you a door you can run through, because she'll think you're crazy and she seems like a nice girl who doesn't want to hurt anyone.

"What are you going to paint?" Focus on the conversation, the paint stains on her jeans, the labels on the bottles, anything but being trapped...

If I'm reading Musked right, Ziyou gets a string on me, and I give her a condition, based on her earlier roll, right? I think "Nervous" is most appropriate here.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster, Nervous

Was he really claustrophobic? Was he just not very eager to be here with me? I thought nervously, as I squirmed on the spot. He seemed to be looking me over and looking at my pants, I felt very warm and hot and wondered if there was a way to make him feel better. Now was my chance, I liked him, and I could just make him feel better.

"I'm going to paint Harmony for the pool party, she is so pretty." I said blushing and feeling a bit more uncomfortable. "Is there-" I gulped, "-Anything I can do to help with your claustrophobia?" I swallowed again, and wiggled on the spot looking away. I never kissed anyone, and I bet I was terrible at it, maybe he wouldn't want to kiss me. That felt sad to me. I wish was pretty as Harmony, I bet she could teach me how to kiss.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Close your eyes-- No don't close them. Just remember where you are and stay there. Everything is fine. Everything is absolutely fine.

"That sounds wonderful. You're very good at that, I've seen your work. What colors are you thinking? I'm sorry, you're not seeing me at my best right now. I don't mean to stare, it's just, anything, it helps me focus on, something else. Not--"

King in the Leaves, am I tripping over my words now? This is not good. I need to calm down. I need to relax and think this through.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallway -> Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster, Nervous

"Oh I am going to get some deep blue, bright white, and some nice black and maybe some green. You know give the ocean and water that realistic effect. I was going to do a few animals, so gold and red would be needed. And-" I took a deep breath and realized that Morgan was not feeling good. I thought how to fix it and I didn't know, I just liked painting. Morgan looked like he was losing all his color and no one likes monochrome.

Without thinking I gave Morgan a big hug and held him close. "Maybe- This will help" I realized I was pressing against him and blushing brightly as my cheeks flushed.

2d6-1 → [6,6,-1] = (11)
Awwww Warm hugs! Turn on

Sexy Distraction activate!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1x Volatile 2Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah

I looked over the form. It seemed fairly simple. Almost too simple. Standard ticky boxes. Some personal information that Harmony is quite capable of providing me. I honestly don't see what the difficulty she has with this is. Filling in forms is a daily part of imperial life how is she so bad at it. It's just one more thing about Harmony that doesn't make sense. I mean she's so trusting and open and I'd say well almost dumb? no i'm not sure that dumb's the word. No one who makes into one of these schools is dumb. Maybe naive. And the whole thing with that animal pelt of hers doesn't make any sense either. The way she reacted to my having possession of it is off. Yeah illegal poaching is discouraged but it's not like it's the sort of crime that has you sent to the re-education camps which judging by her overreaction you'd think it might be. There's definitely something more going on there. Maybe she just wants me to think I'm in control. Is the whole fluffhead thing an act? And it seems she's trying to lure me into openly declaring my anti-government sympathies. Is she some sort of agent monitoring the students for sedition. That would explain the pool party thing. Get everyone in a relaxed social situation and see if anyone says anything they shouldn't. Very clever. I''ll have to watch what I say around her.

Well if she is there's nothing I can do about it now. I can't very well kill another student merely on the suspicion that they're some sort of secret government agent can I? I'd need proof first. Truth is I don't know a lot about her. I'll need to do some digging preferably before the party later into her background to see what I can find out. "There a quick electronic signature here and a final authorisation there and it should all be done." I said finishing off the last of the form. "I'll see you at the party then." I smiled. Knowing I was onto her made me happy and I set off to look for a quiet place to eat lunch....

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harmony as you're being assisted with the forms you notice that the pool is already reserved by Daiyu for the time slot you had in mind. Are you going to have to improvise? Or does something about her make you think she'd want to join in on the party?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Stats: Hot -1x Cold 2 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

"Ahhh! Look Catherine!" I call her back, since everything is not well. Daiyu has the pool? She is very friendly, but what if she does not want to share it? I think she has a bunch of friends of her own. What if they are having a party, and they do not want us there?

I know what to do though! Opening the messenger application, I quickly tap a message back to her. It is not that I am dumb, or cannot spell - I just do not always remember what forms to file. You do not need forms underwater, they would disintegrate very quickly. "I think she will be nice. Thanks for helping me file the form," I tell Catherine, without looking behind me. It is possible she did not come back when I called for her, but I have not noticed it if so. "I got this." With those truimphant words, I hit send on the message,

Harmony: Hey Daiyu, share the pool tonight? Want to have a party, you are very welcome to come and it will be lots of fun.

<Rauri> Failselkie Manipulate Daiyu
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
Offering shared pool-party, what does she want in return?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 4, 2015

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"It does, thank you..."

All she's doing is wrapping her arms around my body. Why does it feel like this? What is this reaction I'm having? Such a pleasant warmth even though I'm even more enclosed, safe and secure and... Hugging back is only natural. I'd really rather she never stop. Should I kiss her? At this point, people on TV usually kiss. But that might be a bit too forward. She'd probably stop, get offended, it'd probably hurt her feelings. She's sensitive. No, no, that wouldn't work. Why would she want to, anyways? She barely knows who you are...

What does she want in return? I should do something nice for her. She must really like Harmony if she's going through all the trouble to paint her. How can I engineer getting them together?

Turn on vs. Ziyou: 2d6+2 10
Dense Faerie hugs only complicate matters...

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallway -> Art Supply Room | Conditions: Pretentious, Drained, Hipster, Nervous

I squirmed against him and wiggled in pleasure, even letting a little sigh of contentment, but was that too forward? I was expecting a kiss, I've never kissed anyone, and I hoped it would happen. Morgan was so dreamy, I bet he is just being nice to me. In the movies he would have kissed me I bet. He wasn't doing anything but he was hugging me and it felt so nice warm and I liked how his skin felt against mine. It was exactly what I thought it would be, but I didn't want to be... needy. People don't like that.

Twisting slightly, I picked up a few paints and put them in bag, my other arm still wrapped around Morgan. I couldn't bring myself to stop pressing against him, and I was ashamed to admit that I loved the touch.

"What colors do you think I should get." I half whispered blushing brightly.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harmony: Daiyu asks who is coming. When she finds out she agrees and asks that you introduce her to Catherine and help her become friends.

Catherine: You try to find a quiet spot but you instead find York and Kevin, and it looks like York is going on about women again. Does his opinions of the fairer sex annoy you? Oh sure there have only been Empresses, and they typically appoint female governors but they're all qualified what's the problem.

Ziyou and Morgan: The door slides open and it's Rachel. "Hey!" she can't seem to decide between embarrassment, curiosity, and annoyance. "Just what are you two doing in here?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"We weren't- I wasn't- Oh, I- It is not what it looks like." Even if I want it to be, Morgan doesn't seem to be that into me and now Rachel of all people saw me. "We were locke-" I tried to continue but instead I grab some paint and thrust it in my bag, not caring. I didn't want Rachel to make fun of me. Morgan didn't think I was even pretty enough to kiss and I was so embarrassed and everyone hated me, and no one even noticed I was here. I didn't want her to make more fun of me, and then it happened again. I felt my hand give a broad stroke up and down and suddenly I was in the background looking in.

I pressed against the wall, under the paints not even seeing myself. Oh god, it happened again, and now I was gone, but could I come back?

2d6+1 → [6,3,1] = (10)
Run away from embarrassment!

Using the Disappeared Additional option: * you slip from view and remain there, invisible

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Stats: Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Location: Cafeteria | Conditions: Lech, Airhead

York is babbling on about women, which is making me more and more uncomfortable -- I keep looking around the cafeteria hoping nobody is listening! I don't really agree with the things he's saying but I feel like I should be polite and nod, I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Thankfully Catherine shows up and gives me an excuse to make a break in the conversation. "Ah, hello Miss Lee!" I say, waving. "There's a spot here, if, erm..." I gently shove York to the side to make room. Hopefully with her here he will avoid, uh, the topic we were just discussing. And maybe she knows where Ziyou is hiding!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah

Ugh, All I want is a quiet place to sit and eat my lunch. Is that too much to ask? Instead I'm accosted by Kevin and York two of my most favourite classmates. Not. Although I would like to get Kevin alone to find out what he thinks he knows about me. If it's too much i'll have to silence him permanently I'd rather not though hopefully siccing Harmony on him will provide an adequate distraction and keep him out of my hair. I don't want to get into the habit of killing people if I can help it. Although given the way York is going on about women having unfair advantages I might be prepared to make an exception there. Still Kevin looks almost as annoyed with it as I do so why not. I sit down next to him and turn to York.

"Look York i can understand being a man makes you feel inferior but men and women are suited to different roles in society. Women are naturally calmer and more sociable on average so they make superior leaders. That doesn't mean men don't have their place of course But can you imagine putting a man in charge of the Empire? All that testosterone. No that's the last thing anyone wants. Besides men are bigger and stronger than women on average so it's only right that they do more of the hard physical labour jobs leaving the more intellectual pursuits to women. It's all biology it's just the way things are men are naturally inferior for the leadership roles all they want to do is fight and we need leaders who can do more than that."

[20:19] Ferrosol shut down York
[20:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[20:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5
my :biotruths: didn't work :(

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Stats: Hot -1x Cold 2 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

Harmony: That sounds very fair, see you there!

Phew! That was a lot easier than I had thought it would be. Thank goodness she is so nice! I am closer to having my pelt than I have been since I lost it. Hooray!

Hooray, I am done with this computer terminal. Pushing my chair back and slinging my schoolbag over my shoulder, I mosey on towards the door. No sense being in this classroom if I could help it. Grinning at my good fortune as I depart, I set to look for something fun to do. I am not sure if it is lunchtime or something, I get the schedules mixed up, so I guess I will look around? What fun thing nearby could I join in on?

<Rauri> Harmony gaze about something to do
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9
Scary and confusing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harmony You are struck with a vision and see Ziyou in the supply closet there seems to be some other movement but it is focused on her. She seems caught off guard then begins to suffocate. The color drains from her, then the detail, and then you can't see her at all like she melted away.

Catherine: "I thought you were supposed to be from the boarder lands." York huffs and rolls his eyes. "You sound like a fashion row matron at one of the Vizier's parties. How did that superior empathy and logic treat your in the wastelands? But hey you're not there anymore now you're one of the beautiful people, right? So forgive this over educated pleb."

Catherine gets second to last off the boat

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"Ah, Rachel! Lovely, thank you. I don't know whose idea is was to make these doors lock from the inside..."

And like that, Ziyou is gone. That's... unfortunate. I would have rather enjoyed staying like that, and would she have as well? Nah, I doubt it. She wasp probably just being polite. And, oh, that's right, she and Rachel don't get along, do they? I really don't see why not, as Rachel is a friendly, country loving sort, but then, perhaps that could wear on someone. Ziyou seems shy and sensitive. Or... is it not Harmony that Ziyou has a crush on, but Rachel? Can she not make up her mind, and that's why she ran? Goodness, these things are complicated.

"Ms. Williams and I were acquiring some paint. Did you need some also?"

Inadventently hit on everything that moves (Turn on Rachel Brown): 2d6+2 4
Not today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah, last off the boat

Weird thing is I actually agree with him. But I can't afford to risk my cover especially when Kevin is there and he's already suspicious of me. Still York has actually gone up in my estimation. He might even be a potential recruit in the future. But for now I have to pretend to be a good little girl while the school is watching. "I'm sure the Empire would help everyone if it could but unfortunately limited resources and a lack of time seem to have meant that the borderlands fell through the cracks so to speak. I can't say I like that." Truth is I despised that. "But that doesn't mean the empire doesn't care. It's just limited in how it can express it's care. But enough about that. I'm here to eat lunch. Food now politics later" I grinned at both of them and squeesed in next to Kevin not noticing as i did that my hip and rear end brushed against him.

[23:13] Ferrosol turn on Kevin
[23:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
string/promise/self

• Locked thread