Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Stats: Hot -1x Cold 2 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Oh, what a strange and great day it has been already!

First off, it is raining today, and is supposed to for quite some time! I am so happy, I love the rain and this city gets tons of it! I was so sad when I heard it is uncommon for surface areas - did you know some of them do not get rain hardly at all? Oh, sorry, got distracted! Second, this morning, the good cereal hadn't been eaten up at the Orphanarium! It usually has been by the time I am done showering, but starting a day without getting wet somehow feels very wrong to me, so I always do that.

Best of all, on the way to the transit, one of the vendor machines became very generous! First it put on a sparkler show, which was very cool, and then it released some smoke, and then it started shooting out snacks and chips! Some of them were not even singed that badly. I grabbed some and thanked the machine - everyone else just stared at it - and then some of the authority men showed up! The local security forces, I think they are called. They were mad at me for taking it! It was not stealing like they said it was. But they were so understanding when I was about to start crying - I was upset, I did not want to upset anyone - so they let me go! I was so confused, but that is normal, so I thanked them both like I had the machine. Even made it onto the bus on time too.

Though there is still bad stuff. I need my pelt back soon or I will be stuck up here, and Catherine wants me to... eww it is so mean, she wants me to make Kevin like like me. So I have to... Having sat down in my desk, putting my bag over the back and logging into the terminal as myself, I look to see that both Kevin and Catherine are here. Well, there is no time like the present right? That is a human saying, but it is right for now.

Leaving my desk and drifting over towards them, I wave at everyone like it is a new chance to introduce myself - it is a new day after all. "Good morning everyone!" I report happily, then fixate on Kevin. "Kevin, you look very nice." I then look towards Catherine, to make sure she saw me start doing what she said.

<Rauri-afk> Turn on Kevin
<Rauri-afk> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri-afk, 5-1 = 4
Technically should've added one since it's to get pelt back, but didn't matter. Hard move, marking xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 1/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Oh wow, Kevin is very nice! I do not mean to imply that I had thought he was not nice, I am trying to say that he is extra nice! I feel myself blushing when he compliments how I look, which I did not expect. It honestly makes this even worse - if I do manage to make him love me, I will have to break his heart when I go back to the ocean! Why is he not mean, it would make this easier. Well, harder to accomplish - but it wouldn't make me feel bad.

Giving Kevin a string.

Still, I think he was just being nice - he does not like like me. I think, it is hard to tell sometimes. Humans can be weird about it, and not honest about it like us seals. I cannot take chances, I need my pelt back, and I can feel Catherine's disappointment from here somehow. I need to do a better job... what if she gets rid of it?! Or sets my super soft fur on fire or something! She is so mean, she might do anything.

"Haha, I do not have any siblings. It sounds very nice, I am glad your sister got you that jacket!" Where am I going with this? Saying the first thing that comes to mind, I blurt out, "it really makes you look quite handsome. You should wear it more often, I would like that!"

<Rauri> aight, time to be FailSelkie
<Rauri> Turn on Kevin
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4 = 4

And... realizing what I have said, I want to dive into the deepest part of the ocean but I can not since I do not have my pelt! Panicking, I look from human to human on this side of the room. "Catherine, Ziyou, Morgan, Kevin - I was hoping to reserve the swimming pool later, and have a pool party after school! It will be lots of fun! I have a very cute bathing suit too! Do you want to come?" I could not plead with my eyes and demeanor more if I tried, since I am trying very hard to do so! Please, I feel link I am sinking out here!

Expending all Harmony's strings - offering XP to Ziyou, Catherine, and Morgan to come to her impromptu pool party this afternoon. Kevin's been invited as well and hopefully will give into peer pressure.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 1/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

They all said yes! Oh wow, this is very great!

Morgan doesn't want me to be cuter than him, which is silly - he is a boy, and a handsome one. Girls are cute, guys are handsome. That is how those words work I think. So of course I agree! It is a human joke I think. "Ha! Sure, I promise you that." It would be impossible for me to not be cuter than all the surfacers at a pool - I can swim so much better, even with these dumb legs.

Promise foolishly made, marking XP.

Speaking of looking cute, Ziyou and Rachel are arguing over swimsuits. It is a silly argument, but apparently how good they look matters a lot? I found mine in a big metal container outside with some food, but it looked good after I washed it. It even fits, which I thought was lucky. Oh! I zoned out, and Rachel asked me a question about inviting Kevin. Was that bad? He is the one I actually want to be there, though. So I look at her and shrug, which is how humans avoid social questions I think. I believe it means "I do not know, do not ask me again, please do not ask me again."

Ziyou has offered to make a suit for me, which is... wow! It is super nice of her! I can hardly believe it! "Yes, of course yes! Wow that is amazing!" I am shaking her hand with my hands in appreciation, which feels very natural to me. I should show her how to swim properly at the party, since I know how to do that and she needs to know.

Giving Ziyou a string.

Since I am still standing and people are looking at me since I invited them to the party - I should go and reserve the pool for after-school - it feels like I should say something to someone. I cannot think of anything though, so I wave at everyone and smile, then spin around and sit back down in my desk. I think that was a good exit, and I guess I should start planning. What should I say to Kevin later? To make him like me? Putting my head down on my desk and listening to the pleasant taps of rain on glass windows, I try to picture the two of us, him smiling at me... for what?

<Rauri> Fail Selkie Gaze
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
<Axe-man> oh damnnn
<Rauri> cool
Choosing clear and detailed + show me what to do (1 forward)

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Waking up from my daydream, I am sure of what I will need to do. Be creative! If Kevin thinks I am very artistic and imaginative, he will like me more! Who knew that trying to seduce someone could be so convoluted?

I am about to go over to him to tell him that I like art, when I receive a message from Ziyou. I am so pleased whenever I get a message! A little picture bubbles up on the screen with the words on it, telling me that she knows what she wants me to wear to the swim party tonight! That is very exciting, since I am sure a new bathing suit - especially one designed by her, since she is so artistic - will help me make Kevin like like me! I am slowly getting closer to my pelt, I can feel it!

Messaging her back, I want her to know that she should be as creative as she wants! I need to impress Kevin after all.

[Harmony] Oh neat make sure it is bold and creative please :) You are so artistic and cool, want to know what you have come up with!

I beam at her after I send it - she is doing me a favor, after all. Being nice is the least I can do!

<Rauri> Fail Selkie Time
<Rauri> Turn on Ziyou
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> yusss
Taking a string on Ziyou

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The second Ziyou's message comes back to me, I nearly jump out of my seat with joy. That sounds so cool! Being painted to look like the ocean while swimming, that is so great! How could she know I would like that that much? She must be... Octopus-level smart! Smiling at her across the room, she looks like she is as happy as I am! I should have tried to befriend her a while ago, she is much more open to the possibility than I had thought. I wonder who else would like to be my friend in the class I have not given a chance yet. I only have a few weeks left, I should make as many as I can!

Before the teacher starts class, I message her back.

[Harmony]: Oh wow! I am so glad you think I am pretty, I think so too! The Ocean Paint sounds so cool, I did not know that was a thing! I would love that soooooooooooo much! No one has ever painted on me before either, so I say yes yes yes to that! The Ocean is my favorite place in the whole world, I am glad you guessed that!

After sending that, I browse to the computer screen that has the pool sign-ups on it. I will need to reserve it for later, but these computers are so confusing sometimes! I hope no one has reserved the pool, and also, that I can figure out how to do so myself. Class will start soon, so I need to hurrry!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

Pool reservations require a what now?! How would I even find that? I do not have one of those forms. I tried to look on the computer, but it just had applications and files. I did not see an entry for forms anywhere! Packing up my things to leave, super frustrated with the computer terminal (I would hit it, but that does not make them work better like it should), I see that Catherine is leaving! Ahh! I need her help, so I can do what she wants, so she will give me my pelt back!

Following after her, Sarah is talking to her about washing - I guess for the party - which is important before people get in pools. Pools are like the ocean; it is not nice to put pollutants into them! I have to interject though, so I bump in between them. Sorry Sarah!

"Catherine?" I ask her, afraid to make her mad. What if I do, and she gets rid of my pelt? It would be awful! So I try and make myself look as nice as possible, and I give her seal eyes. I have heard people call them puppy-dog eyes, but seals are cuter than puppies, everyone knows that. They should be called seal eyes! "Could I borrow you for a second?" I am being so sweet and nice, she is sure to say yes - even if she is horrible and mean.

<Rauri> Fail Selkie turn on Catherine
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4-1 = 3
Dammit Harmony. Marking XP at least.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Wow, Catherine is very intense. In a good way, but also in a bad way, since she is mean. I wish we were friends though.

Giving Catherine a string.

"It is about what you wanted." I whisper to her, then lean back, trying to look normal. "I need help filling these forms out for the party later. Would you mind helping me?" I am fairly sure she can. Since it helps her, I think she probably will too. I indicate to the computer terminal, tapping it to turn the screen back on. "I want the party to be a lot of fun, and for a lot of people to be there. That way, we can make sure everyone has a really great time!" Specifically though, Kevin and me have to. That way I'll get my Pelt back!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Ahhh! Look Catherine!" I call her back, since everything is not well. Daiyu has the pool? She is very friendly, but what if she does not want to share it? I think she has a bunch of friends of her own. What if they are having a party, and they do not want us there?

I know what to do though! Opening the messenger application, I quickly tap a message back to her. It is not that I am dumb, or cannot spell - I just do not always remember what forms to file. You do not need forms underwater, they would disintegrate very quickly. "I think she will be nice. Thanks for helping me file the form," I tell Catherine, without looking behind me. It is possible she did not come back when I called for her, but I have not noticed it if so. "I got this." With those truimphant words, I hit send on the message,

Harmony: Hey Daiyu, share the pool tonight? Want to have a party, you are very welcome to come and it will be lots of fun.

<Rauri> Failselkie Manipulate Daiyu
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
Offering shared pool-party, what does she want in return?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harmony: That sounds very fair, see you there!

Phew! That was a lot easier than I had thought it would be. Thank goodness she is so nice! I am closer to having my pelt than I have been since I lost it. Hooray!

Hooray, I am done with this computer terminal. Pushing my chair back and slinging my schoolbag over my shoulder, I mosey on towards the door. No sense being in this classroom if I could help it. Grinning at my good fortune as I depart, I set to look for something fun to do. I am not sure if it is lunchtime or something, I get the schedules mixed up, so I guess I will look around? What fun thing nearby could I join in on?

<Rauri> Harmony gaze about something to do
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9
Scary and confusing.

• Locked thread