Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

Stats: Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh no... Ziyou looks so sad today! She's always so quiet, and hardly ever smiles, but something awful must have happened. I -- yes, today, I, I'll try to speak to her! Seeing that look on her face... I just can't stand it!

Harmony, on the other hand, is her usual bubbly self. She seems even more cheerful today than usual! "Oh, thank you," I say, tearing my eyes away from Ziyou and looking down stupidly at my jacket. "My sister got me this for last Unification Day. And you look quite nice yourself, Miss Harmony!" I add, a little too quickly. I give her a big smile to cover up not knowing what to say. I'm still not used to talking to girls, so I just follow Mom's advice and try to compliment them as often as possible. She probably didn't think I'd be using that advice on a p- on someone like Harmony, though!

The thing is, Mom's been fussier than I'd expected about my going to this school. Maybe she somehow figured out that I met Ziyou (well, we didn't talk, but I feel like I know her...)? I can tell she's up to something because she keeps bringing up all these, uh, other girls that she thinks would be... suitable. Uhm. Like Brittany Lin, the Finance Minister's daughter, you know. I guess I met her when we were around four, but I've only seen her once or twice since then, and now Mom is acting like we're life-long friends, and should be "spending time" together! We went to a party a few weeks ago and Mom just wouldn't stop pushing me in her direction. So embarrassing! I mean, Brittany is very pretty, but she... well, she's just not what I really want...

Sometimes that sort of thing starts to annoy me, just a little bit! It's apparently really popular right now to kind of imitate Hon- uh, Old City culture. At least, among my parents and their friends. So our house is decorated with all sorts of pre-imperial artifacts. Some of them are probably a little bit illegal, but nobody really minds what the Director puts in his living room, I guess. And Mom's been wearing all these cheongsam around the house and making Emily do her hair up in old styles and such. This idea of setting me up with Brittany, of having some sort of, of family alliance or something, it's just one more way of bringing back the old days.

Turn on Harmony: 2d6+2 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions:

That's somewhat... mean of Rachel. It's good for her to feel proud of herself, and she does look good in that dress... but it's better to be humble about that sort of thing, right? Still, being humble isn't always easy. I'd better say something to show that there's no need for hostility.

But as I turn to look into Ziyou's eyes, my head suddenly feels light -- what is that strange scent? -- and for some reason, these words come out of my mouth: "Oh, Ziyou, don't listen to her -- I'm sure you'll look great in anything you wear!" Oh, oh no, did I really just say that? I can't believe I'd be such an idiot... Ziyou's going to think I'm some sort of creepy stalker! Not to mention that it was very rude to poor Rachel...

Shut down Rachel: 2d6 3

Turn on Ziyou: 2d6+3 8

megane fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 13, 2015

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Lech

She spoke to me! Even her voice is beautiful. But she's blushing so much, maybe I really bothered her... ugh, I don't know what to think. I just give a vague smile as she and Rachel and Catherine argue about dresses; they seem more annoyed at each other than I expected. Oh, this whole argument is all my fault! "Yeah... it'll be a fun party; I'll look forward to seeing all of you there," I say, trying to be charming. Maybe that will smooth things over a bit?

I look up at the clock. Where is Mr. Goldberg? I hope he hasn't had an accident of some kind! The steps of the academy are not good for his knees, but he doesn't like taking the elevators for some reason.

Hm. I'm still worried about poor Catherine. I'm not sure what she's gotten herself into, but it's something bad, I know. I can tell just by looking in her eyes. And it's my duty to help a girl in trouble, right? "Uhm. Hey there, Catherine," I say, trying to distract her from the argument. "Have you... thought about what I said last time?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Location: Mr. Goldberg's Class | Conditions: Lech

Oh dear... Ziyou's distracted messing with her computer and the teacher's arrived -- I've missed my chance to talk to her! But I suppose it's for the best; she's smiling, at least. And I don't want to embarrass her by bothering her in front of everyone... yes, I've got to find the right moment! Only... I'm not sure if I actually know how. Is she in any of my other classes? I... I'm not sure! How could I have missed her? Well, I mean -- she's so quiet. But still, I should know that sort of thing!

Okay, no. Today is the day, i-if not today then tomorrow. Oor Friday. I will tell her how I feel.

Uhm. Soon.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Location: Mr. Goldberg's Class | Conditions: Lech

I've brought my own lunch, of course; my mother says all the food they serve here is unhealthy so she always has a lunch packed for me. As we move into the cafeteria, I let York tag along; I look around, hoping to catch a glance of Ziyou, but she's nowhere in sight. Oh well.

For a second I hesitate, trying to figure out why he's talking to me in the first place. We've hardly spoken before, since we... well, I guess we just... haven't had a chance. Ahem. I guess he's just being friendly? "Rachel? Oh, man, I dunno," I laugh. "I never know what girls are thinking!" Isn't that the truth; I don't even know where Ziyou is!

I... I wonder if York's hoping I'll help him talk to Rachel? Surely he knows she wouldn't really be interested in me! He's just being polite about asking for an introduction... I smile and punch him gently on the arm. "Hey, who knows, maybe it's not me she's got her eye on, hm?"

Turn on York: 2d6+2 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Location: Cafeteria | Conditions: Lech, Airhead

York is babbling on about women, which is making me more and more uncomfortable -- I keep looking around the cafeteria hoping nobody is listening! I don't really agree with the things he's saying but I feel like I should be polite and nod, I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Thankfully Catherine shows up and gives me an excuse to make a break in the conversation. "Ah, hello Miss Lee!" I say, waving. "There's a spot here, if, erm..." I gently shove York to the side to make room. Hopefully with her here he will avoid, uh, the topic we were just discussing. And maybe she knows where Ziyou is hiding!

• Locked thread