Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Ugh, Harmony's an idiot. If that's the best she can do I'm going to have a real problem on my hands. Another real problem I should say given Damocles's latest demands. See there was a big news special the other day about how the Glorious agents of the Empire (I swear who writes this poo poo.) had smashed corruption once again in the school system of City 45. Reportedly the school Administrator, Morale officer and "seditious elements" in the teaching staff had conspired to teach students using illicit texts. No idea if it was true or not. I'd give it 50/50 most likely someone was short on bribe money one month and they dragged them in to encourage the rest of them. But I digress it seems though that the incident attracted Damocles's attention and now he wants me to try and replicate it here.

Me. I'm supposed to get blackmail on half the teaching staff, the senior official spy in the school and the goddamn Administrator. I'm the worst possible person to do that sort of job. I mean yeah if someone needs stabbing or something needs smuggling I'm your girl. But even with the help Damocles could provide this was going to be a big challenge. I'm not a people person. Guess I spent too long out in the borderlands with only myself and my family to rely on. But wait it doesn't have to be me that does all the legwork does it. I'm sure I can find someone to help me. I just need to find a way to persuade them.

In fact I know just the guy. Morgan. He's already covered for me once. Maybe I could get his help again. I just need to offer him an incentive. I walked over to him trying to put a bit of a strut in my step "Morgan it's great to see you again. Have you had an interesting week?" I said fluttering my eyes at him.

10:30] Ferrosol turn on morgan
[10:30] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[10:30] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1 Volatile 2Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Wow Morgan's really hot. Like super smoking hot and he's asking what I did over the weekend. Don't say murdered a nosy investigator. Don't say that anything but that.

[22:54] Ferrosol hold steady vs morgan
[22:54] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:54] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2-1 = 1
marking xp at least

"oh err um, nothing too much." I said blushing fiercely. "I just spent the time at home, alone not doing anything interesting." Oh great way to go Catherine make yourself look like a total loser to one of the hottest guys in the class and someone who'd be a perfect recruit/ally. Fortunately I was saved by Harmony who invites everyone to a party. Who am I to say no? especially if it will help her keep Kevin off my back. "I would be delighted to attend." Perhaps I could make a more successful attempt to recruit Morgan there.

taking Harmony's XP

And now Damocles is messaging me. I have an in-built comm system it works by something something quantum nano-tech in the brain. magic in other words. or at least it might as well be for all the science I understand.Hmm gather information on Mr Goldberg. Damocles what does his public biography say? might give me a few hints. I said/thought as I returned to sit back in my seat and closed my eyes for a moment.

[23:06] Ferrosol gaze about teacher
[23:06] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:06] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10
visions are clear, visions show you what you must do and give you one forward to doing it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Stats: Hot -1 Cold -1x Volatile 2Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

The hell? Why did it have to be SOULs those things are creepy as hell. Some of them look almost human, it's creepy and disturbing. But I'm pretty sure Voigt doesn't make SOULs, still Mr Goldberg has made no secret of his origins so why would him be carrying a flag be such a crime. Unless... was he a rebel? that would make my work a lot easier. But it's not the sort of thing you can just walk up to someone and ask is it. I'm going to have do some discreet hacking when I get home to take a look at those records myself. But right now there's more immediate troubles brewing. Rachel and Ziyou are fighting. Now i'm in a bit of a bind here. Both of them could be valuable to my work but in very different ways. Rachel or her family have money which is always invaluable in getting any potential revolution off of the ground. While Ziyou despite what I may have said about her in the past is actually quite a talented artist and good propaganda is hard to come by.

Still when it comes down to it you can find money anywhere and I've managed with poverty up to now. . So Ziyou it is. "Hey Rachel, stop picking on the poor kids, they can't help it if their parents don't have enough money." I said to Rachel.

15:04] Ferrosol shutdown ugly rich girl rachel
[15:04] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[15:04] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8 = 8
giving her the condition snob she can give me whatever

"I'm sure whatever you design will look...striking. And I'm sure your own will look equally as good. Ziyou I'll be looking forward to seeing you there." I smiled at her.

[15:07] Ferrosol turn on pretentious Ziyou
[15:07] Ferrosol !r 2d6#
[15:07] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8# = 8
string/promise/give self

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hmm relatives. Truth is I don't even know if our teacher is married or what. Still it seems it's not just him I'm going to have to dig into to find any dirt. If he's got relatives they could be the source of whatever his problem is. Or the whole thing could be a complete excuse. See humans are tricky I think that's why Damocles keeps me around He could probably organise a revolution if he has to but he has a hard time understanding what makes humans tick. So I handle the messy meat based parts and he does the hacking. It's got us this far at least. Of course now it's the hard part. "Damocles can you run a search on family members of Mr Goldberg. Looks like one of his relatives has been naughty and I'd like to know who." Meanwhile I feigned rapt attention to the presentation. Some of what I've learnt in this school has been a real education way better than the spotty one I got in the wasteland but the Empys propaganda on the border states isn't.

per word of the king elsewise powering into Uncanny voices and giving Damocles two strings for it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well at least I could switch my brain off while watching that crappy propaganda hatchet job on my home. Smiling happy faces when the Empire came. Yeah right. Tell that to the old folks starving. To the orphans to the parents whose children die of diseases the empire could stop in weeks if it tried. I'm not the nicest person don't get me wrong. But sugar-coating poison like is the prime reason I hate the Empire and want to take it down.

To make matters worse as I leave I ran right into the last person I wanted to meet. Sarah. She's quiet and seems to have her head in the clouds most of the time. But she's a true believer and when the state says "jump" she says "how high". When the state tells her Americans are untrustworthy she agrees. I mean in theory everyone is equal under the empire. But some are more equal. As North America was home to some of the last major hold-outs it's people are still somewhat distrusted by those in power and this can filter down the chain to people like her.

While I'd changed my appearance and voice I'd not bothered to try and disguise my point of origin figuring the risk of slipping up on some bit of culture I should know as a citizen of City 201 for example was a bigger risk than just pretending to be a loyal North American. I'm not sure how many were true believers and how many just went along because it was easier but Sarah was part of the knot the cadre people who'd probably be imperial footsoldiers sooner or later. Idiots. And she had it in for me.

"Well, well, well.. Our half tamed barbarian" she said in that smug and oh so superior voice. "Come to get some lunch? do they even have Soy bars in your backwards land... I bet you don't even know how to work a vending machine. Or can afford to use one." I could feel my hands tightening reaching for the knife I didn't dare carry with me to school. Instinctive I know. A bad habit certainly. But there are other weapons that I could use instead. "No it's actually quite easy." I replied "but if you need help I can walk you through it again. Another five or six times and you'll be able to do it on your own like a big girl."

[23:29] Ferrosol shut down sarah
[23:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
giving Sarah the condition Imbecile.

Before I can say anything more I might regret though Harmony pulls me to one side. She stairs at me with those big eyes of hers looking like she's about to cry. "Sure what's the problem?" I said leaning in a bit too close to prevent anyone hearing what we would be discussing.

[23:35] Ferrosol turn on harmony
[23:35] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:35] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
spending a string to knock that up to 7 so string/promise/self

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah

I looked over the form. It seemed fairly simple. Almost too simple. Standard ticky boxes. Some personal information that Harmony is quite capable of providing me. I honestly don't see what the difficulty she has with this is. Filling in forms is a daily part of imperial life how is she so bad at it. It's just one more thing about Harmony that doesn't make sense. I mean she's so trusting and open and I'd say well almost dumb? no i'm not sure that dumb's the word. No one who makes into one of these schools is dumb. Maybe naive. And the whole thing with that animal pelt of hers doesn't make any sense either. The way she reacted to my having possession of it is off. Yeah illegal poaching is discouraged but it's not like it's the sort of crime that has you sent to the re-education camps which judging by her overreaction you'd think it might be. There's definitely something more going on there. Maybe she just wants me to think I'm in control. Is the whole fluffhead thing an act? And it seems she's trying to lure me into openly declaring my anti-government sympathies. Is she some sort of agent monitoring the students for sedition. That would explain the pool party thing. Get everyone in a relaxed social situation and see if anyone says anything they shouldn't. Very clever. I''ll have to watch what I say around her.

Well if she is there's nothing I can do about it now. I can't very well kill another student merely on the suspicion that they're some sort of secret government agent can I? I'd need proof first. Truth is I don't know a lot about her. I'll need to do some digging preferably before the party later into her background to see what I can find out. "There a quick electronic signature here and a final authorisation there and it should all be done." I said finishing off the last of the form. "I'll see you at the party then." I smiled. Knowing I was onto her made me happy and I set off to look for a quiet place to eat lunch....

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah

Ugh, All I want is a quiet place to sit and eat my lunch. Is that too much to ask? Instead I'm accosted by Kevin and York two of my most favourite classmates. Not. Although I would like to get Kevin alone to find out what he thinks he knows about me. If it's too much i'll have to silence him permanently I'd rather not though hopefully siccing Harmony on him will provide an adequate distraction and keep him out of my hair. I don't want to get into the habit of killing people if I can help it. Although given the way York is going on about women having unfair advantages I might be prepared to make an exception there. Still Kevin looks almost as annoyed with it as I do so why not. I sit down next to him and turn to York.

"Look York i can understand being a man makes you feel inferior but men and women are suited to different roles in society. Women are naturally calmer and more sociable on average so they make superior leaders. That doesn't mean men don't have their place of course But can you imagine putting a man in charge of the Empire? All that testosterone. No that's the last thing anyone wants. Besides men are bigger and stronger than women on average so it's only right that they do more of the hard physical labour jobs leaving the more intellectual pursuits to women. It's all biology it's just the way things are men are naturally inferior for the leadership roles all they want to do is fight and we need leaders who can do more than that."

[20:19] Ferrosol shut down York
[20:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[20:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5
my :biotruths: didn't work :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Hipster, Pariah, last off the boat

Weird thing is I actually agree with him. But I can't afford to risk my cover especially when Kevin is there and he's already suspicious of me. Still York has actually gone up in my estimation. He might even be a potential recruit in the future. But for now I have to pretend to be a good little girl while the school is watching. "I'm sure the Empire would help everyone if it could but unfortunately limited resources and a lack of time seem to have meant that the borderlands fell through the cracks so to speak. I can't say I like that." Truth is I despised that. "But that doesn't mean the empire doesn't care. It's just limited in how it can express it's care. But enough about that. I'm here to eat lunch. Food now politics later" I grinned at both of them and squeesed in next to Kevin not noticing as i did that my hip and rear end brushed against him.

[23:13] Ferrosol turn on Kevin
[23:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
string/promise/self

• Locked thread