Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Zippy the Bummer posted:

that's fair i guess

well when i was a kid and lived in cities we had one cat and one dog, both were cool

Micah was the cat and Busy was the dog, i remember when Micah died we buried her in the flower garden and my mom put a small angel statue on her grave, Busy spent weeks afterword lingering around that spot and sleeping near it, we bought them as a kitten/puppy at the same time so they grew up together, the cat's passing affected the dog deeply

when Busy died we were with him, he'd had a bit of arthritis and some trouble with incontinence but nothing that indicated he was at death's door so we hadn't put him down, he seemed his normal happy self. he was sleeping peacefully in front of the fire and i was sitting next to him reading a book, when he suddenly woke up and starting shuddering and softly whining

my mom and i both instinctively knew what was happening and we knelt next to him and said "Busy, we're here, its ok" and petted him and a few moments later he was dead. we buried him next to Micah.

that was many years ago and obviously i dont live at that house anymore, i often wonder if the new owners disturbed their graves, i hope they haven't, that would piss me off, but i don't know what else we could have done, buried them in the woods somewhere i guess, but it seemed best they be buried where they lived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread