Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I have to disagree. There's a ton of jokes in Family Guy that are very clearly fueled by actual hate. I like to compare it like, if South Park does something offensive, you get a sense of "oh god we're going to hell, aren't we?" With Family Guy it's very blatant racism and misogyny. Whether the creators actual believe this stuff or are just playing to their fan base is unknown.

Also every episode has to have he characters getting violently ripped apart, and it isn't even played for laughs. The early seasons of the show were not mean spirited like this.

I think we're being trolled. They wonder just how far they can push the audience (and the network).

I can't wait to see what Seth has planned for the final episode (whenever that will be).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

dennyk posted:

Hertzfeldt had it right; The Simpsons will never die. Aeons in the future, when the ice caps have melted and the seas have boiled, the only things still being created on this blasted Earth will be cockroach poo poo and new Simpsons episodes (and any alien explorers who happen upon the ruins will undoubtedly have a difficult time distinguishing one from the other).

For those who were wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_EYTBrD_s

One of the best things ever on the Sampsans.

Also, Groening said he wanted to reference that The Simpsons was still on the air in the first episode of Futurama and that people were arguing that the first 500 years was better than the last 500 years.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 14, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Frackie Robinson posted:

The Andy Griffith Show wasn't totally terrible after the departure of Don Knotts, but it was certainly a diminished and totally different show. The fact that Aaron Ruben, who was basically the showrunner left at the same time certainly didn't help.

One character ruined that part of the run: Howard Sprague. I hated that creepy fucker.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this? posted:

Sometimes it can really backfire, like when Katy Sagal got pregnant and they wrote it into Married With Children. She then had a fairly late miscarriage and they were stuck trying to figure out what to do. (They decided to write the pregnancy out of the show as a dream sequence.)

They wiped out the first half of season six as a dream including Marcy's pregnancy. When Sagal got pregnant again, they sent her back home to visit her family for a few episodes.

And on Fraiser, Daphne wrote a letter to Niles letting him know she'd lost 9 pounds 12 ounces so far. That was the weight of Jane Leeves' baby.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rollofthedice posted:

How was Cheers near the end of it's run? I can't remember whether it was good or not.

The attempt to have Sam & Rebecca a thing got old pretty quickly, especially when they tried to have a baby.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Moonlighting.

At the end they had whole episodes with Booger and Agnes as the leads because Cybill had twins and Bruce was making Die Hard and other movies. They would open episodes with the actors apologizing for all the show's problems. Bruce and Cybill hated working with each other and all the issues were clearly transferred into the product.

They just had to have Dave and Maddie gently caress. That ruined everything. To make matters worse, they tried to get back to the show's original format. By then it was too late.

Still, it was a clever show at its peak.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Whenever I hear about Grey's Anatomy, a show I've never watched in my life, my reaction is "Wait, that's still on?"

...I've been having this reaction for the past 5 years.

11 goddamn seasons and an upcoming 12th one. It just seems like one of those shows that will survive forever, no matter what.

My only exposure to this show was the Rifftrax Mike and Bridget did for the first two episodes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

letthereberock posted:

What always bothered me about this show was that Mimi's hatred of Drew never made any sense. Like, in the first episode she just decides for no apparent reason she hates him and that's it. But every season there would be a handful of episodes where they would need to work together against a common enemy, and they would - and then next episode they'd be right back to hating each other again. After a while they had worked together so many times that their ongoing feud made no sense anymore.

While she was being interviewed by Drew, she took his standard issue reply of "We do have other people to interview" as an insult to her looks and accused him of being sexist.

She was just a psycho bitch.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Thinking of Drew's girlfriend? Forget her name. Not Kate. And she leaves Drew because she can't be thin with him.

That was Nikki (Kate Walsh in a fat suit).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

computer parts posted:

It's gonna be hilarious to see South Park outlive the Simpsons.

I figure the Simpsons will get a 30th season if only to have the most episodes for an American prime time scripted show. Gunsmoke is currently the leader with 635 episodes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Phylodox posted:

Prison Break would have been a great one-season show. Just get rid of the silly conspiracy plot and end it with them escaping and it would have been fine.

Uh-oh.

As long as T-Bag comes back, I'm in.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm echoing whoever said 'any live Adult Swim show'. Stayed in a hotel recently that got the channel and it was the most 'lol so random!' garbage. Black Jesus is hilarious though. Everybody watch Black Jesus.

Love Black Jesus. Especially to see Charlie Murphy being a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gaunab posted:

Wow, the only one who doesn't have a girlfriend is the indian one?

He has one, too.

Leonard and Penny are married. Sheldon and Amy are split up for now.

• Locked thread