Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Seven motherfuckin seasons?! And it's done? It still feels like a new show to me! Anyway, the gang will be hanging up the Shiva after 7 glorious years of busting balls, working on kitchen toilets and GATTACA!!!!!!!!!! are coming to an end.

I haven't read a whole lot about whats going to happen this season, mostly because I want to be surprised but in a quick skim of google, it seems like the draft is changing direction Auction draft instead of snake drafts. Meaning, you have a budget and players are auctioned off and you have to build your team within your budget. The jokes feel plentiful here.

Also, for the final time; :siren: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL NOR FOOTBALL ITSELF TO ENJOY THE LEAGUE :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbl4DWtS838

TUS fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There are "red carpet" videos for the premieres of this and You're The Worst. They're kinda bad, but... here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRjxxIoQGo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The League started the year I got into football. It's been like my buddy, providing laughs and hard knowledge as we go. Sad to see it end, but it's kind of ridiculous we've had 7 years with that cast (6.5 for kroll).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm glad we'll get to see this show's vinegar strokes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: at the opening scene.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

TMMadman posted:

:laffo: at the opening scene.

That was brilliant.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just a good old fashioned garlic bread butt shove

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just a good old fashioned garlic bread butt shove

Rafi is the best

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

crazycarl posted:

Rafi is the best

Yes yes he is. Loved the joke about the football deflation with the trophy
The actress who plays Jenny is looking banging this season more so then normal.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 10, 2015

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Chalupa batman went from a 1 year old to a 5 year old in one season I guess this is poetic license in some sort of sense.

Edit: where's the love for this show... season premier and less then 10 posts wtf??

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I love this show. I know nothing about football, and it really is a display of this show's strength that after six seasons of watching The League, I still know next to nothing about fantasy football. I know you score points based on how well your players do, but other than that, it's as confusing to me as the fact that I still sometimes get Pete and Kevin confused with one another. I don't think this show has had a bad episode, and that's including the wacky Rafi/Dirty Randy episodes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TUS posted:

the gang will be hanging up the Shiva after 7 glorious years of busting balls

:cry:

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Holyshoot posted:

I actually thought the opposite....she's starting to look a little old in the face. She still looked good in tight pants though

Edit: Meegan looked smoking hot in that...whatever skirt she was wearing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Andre and Meegan was something I didn't see coming at all. Good episode, intro was amazing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Andre and Meegan was something I didn't see coming at all. Good episode, intro was amazing

Don't worry he will gently caress it up somehow and get trolled to poo poo about it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
As much as I've enjoyed the show and its dynamics, I really hope they shake it up for the final season. Teflandre from last season was great, until the reveal kinda broke it, but more stuff like that. Let the characters out of the rigid roles they've been locked into for so long.

That said, good episode. Hopefully we're out of the S5 slump and sticking with the S6/early season quality.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would love to see Pete eat poo poo for the whole season

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I haven't heard anything about this being the case, and I follow most of the cast in other stuff they do so I'm worried it may not be happening this year, but I hope there's another episode where they just hand the reins to Jason Mantzoukas and tell him to listen to his heart.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Holyshoot posted:

She looked banging in that Bears jersey.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Punch Card posted:

I haven't heard anything about this being the case, and I follow most of the cast in other stuff they do so I'm worried it may not be happening this year, but I hope there's another episode where they just hand the reins to Jason Mantzoukas and tell him to listen to his heart.

Yes please. They should do a spin off with him or a show with him as the main character acting like the ones he plays. Like in the league and parks and rec.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BJPaskoff posted:

I love this show. I know nothing about football, and it really is a display of this show's strength that after six seasons of watching The League, I still know next to nothing about fantasy football. I know you score points based on how well your players do, but other than that, it's as confusing to me as the fact that I still sometimes get Pete and Kevin confused with one another. I don't think this show has had a bad episode, and that's including the wacky Rafi/Dirty Randy episodes.

You've pretty much got a grip on how FF works to be honest. You draft a team which will includes your starters and a bunch of guys you have on your bench for bye weeks/injuries/trades, and you play your best lineup each week. Whoever gets the most points out of you and the guy/girl you're playing that week, wins the game.

The Zooks was in Search Party, a film that was pretty funny throughout in my opinion and he is in glorious 'full Rafi' mode for his role.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Defensive players don't factor into the score at all right? Should be fantasy offense in that case.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The soccer fantasy football opener was great. The joke is that it's very hard to score points in soccer, you see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

Defensive players don't factor into the score at all right? Should be fantasy offense in that case.

You draft a defense for a whole team, so if anyone on that defense does something good or they do good as a whole you get points. Also there are leagues that play with a dedicated drafted defensive player, but those leagues are silly and stupid and probably also have a mandatory TE instead of a WR/TE flex.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

precision posted:

The soccer fantasy football opener was great. The joke is that it's very hard to score points in soccer, you see.

I thought it was fun too, but yeah - fantasy soccer works pretty much exactly like fantasy football does. The leagues I played in weren't head to head though, it was just overall points scored for the weekend.

Solice Kirsk posted:

You draft a defense for a whole team, so if anyone on that defense does something good or they do good as a whole you get points. Also there are leagues that play with a dedicated drafted defensive player, but those leagues are silly and stupid and probably also have a mandatory TE instead of a WR/TE flex.

I was at a friends draft the other day, and somehow his league (NFL.com) defaulted to individual defence player which threw everyone as nobody knew what value you should put on the individual defence player.

I've always played in leagues that had TEs forced - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE Flex, 1K, 1DEF. Although in an ideal world, it'd be a 6 Kicker league.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I thought it was fun too, but yeah - fantasy soccer works pretty much exactly like fantasy football does. The leagues I played in weren't head to head though, it was just overall points scored for the weekend.

I was at a friends draft the other day, and somehow his league (NFL.com) defaulted to individual defence player which threw everyone as nobody knew what value you should put on the individual defence player.

I've always played in leagues that had TEs forced - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE Flex, 1K, 1DEF. Although in an ideal world, it'd be a 6 Kicker league.

Just like TE's, there are like 4 or 5 defensive players that are worth a drat. In my roommates league they typically go in the later rounds around when good defenses or kickers are getting picked.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

CAMERON JORDAN OR JORDAN CAMERON?!?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I forgot this show started already. First ep wasn't too bad.

old dog child posted:

I would love to see Pete eat poo poo for the whole season

Yeah pretty much this is all I'm hoping for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder if Shiva will join the league and then win the Shiva, destroying the league in the process

Or something random like Rafi somehow wins the Shiva

I dunno I feel like all the funny outcomes have already been done, how do you top what's already happened, especially seasons 3 and 4?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Kevin is the logical choice. He hasn't won since the start of the series I think.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Kevin won the Shiva the season they re-did the draft order after Ruxin got #1 (but wasn't there so they ignored it happened) and Ruxin had a stroke when he found out and threatened to void the season (also because Rodn...Ruxin was the Sacko), so Kevin had to trade his league commissionership to Ruxin in order for the season to count.

I might have just finished watching that season to remember all that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Holyshoot posted:

It's the new haircut.

And I'm rooting for Kevin. This has got to be his season!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TUS posted:

Kevin won the Shiva the season they re-did the draft order after Ruxin got #1 (but wasn't there so they ignored it happened) and Ruxin had a stroke when he found out and threatened to void the season (also because Rodn...Ruxin was the Sacko), so Kevin had to trade his league commissionership to Ruxin in order for the season to count.

I might have just finished watching that season to remember all that.

So it has a star next to it. Kevin hasn't won legitimately yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is this the first time the show didn't do the draft in the first episode?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is this the first time the show didn't do the draft in the first episode?

I mean, they kinda did.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish they worked in Goodell getting booed every time he showed his face during the draft. It was the single best thing to come out of the 2015 draft so far.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
It's not bad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, this is weird.

http://jezebel.com/comedian-steve-rannazzisi-admits-he-lied-about-being-in-1731008743

Steve Rannazzisi apparently has a story about him being in WTC on 9/11, which was a lie that spiralled out of control that he couldn't back out of. I've not heard him mention this as I don't really follow his career, but ouch. He must've known this would happen at some point because the lies are just so easily proven false.

It's weird how people have this compulsion to put themselves at the scene of something 'big', this isn't the first time that someone has lied about this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What a frittata poo poo-sipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well, this is weird.

http://jezebel.com/comedian-steve-rannazzisi-admits-he-lied-about-being-in-1731008743

Steve Rannazzisi apparently has a story about him being in WTC on 9/11, which was a lie that spiralled out of control that he couldn't back out of. I've not heard him mention this as I don't really follow his career, but ouch. He must've known this would happen at some point because the lies are just so easily proven false.

It's weird how people have this compulsion to put themselves at the scene of something 'big', this isn't the first time that someone has lied about this.

Who gives a poo poo. Seasons already filmed and I'll still watch the show because he's funny. However he might not get good work going forward which is sad I guess.

• Locked thread