Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can't I'll begin to cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I found my stylus. In the controller the whole time

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nolgthorn posted:

I still have never beat Mario Bros 3. World 8 I got past the hands and I think one more ship level, then a normal level, but not that second normal level. No way in hell, I tried to beat that game for a year I have harboured resentment at myself as a person ever since and probably need therapy.

Bowser's Castle was as far as I ever got as a kid until I got a Game Genie. Playing the whole game as Hammer Mario was fun as poo poo.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I recall memories getting an N64 and having a bunch of my friends come down to experience Mario 64. Trying to climb that infinite staircase, doing walljump shenanigans, trying the hell to figure out those ghost house puzzles at 2 AM...

Mario 64 Maker for Nintendo NX, please

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
I been playing Mario before I can remember. Super excited to play Super Mario World Maker. (The other stuff is good, too.)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Since ill probably be at work in a few minutes

HAPPY 9/11 EVERYBODY

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Towers fall today
Delivery on monday
Existential dread

:(

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Even if Bowser destroys the world as we know it, we will rebuild
Brick by brick, stage by stage
Until the Mushroom Kingdom is whole again

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I work tomorrow morning.... :(

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Think of it this way: By the time you get finished, there will be a mountain of Mario levels, good, bad, amusing, frustrating, all awaiting your tired thumbs.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

IT'S UP

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Updating, gonna start up my digital copy in two minutes!

Playing!!

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 11, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Still only 6PM here. Have fun, it's not like I'm jealous or anything :mario:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
UPDATE AND DONT GAY ME FOR BEING MSTED

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Despite potential blackout level thunderstorms I will persevere and make the Marios. It's a shame that I cannot make castle levels with the All Stars 8-4 thunder/lightning castle though to fit the mood.

...Mein gott there are 30 worlds worth of courses you can save it looks like thats 120 courses what the fuuuuuu

_Endgame_ fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 11, 2015

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

blablablabla posted:

Since ill probably be at work in a few minutes

HAPPY 9/11 EVERYBODY

I suggest watching sweet levels being added to the Goons Make Mario site on your phone while working so you can slowly be driven insane with anticipation. It's what I'll be doing all day tomorrow.

_Endgame_ posted:

...Mein gott there are 30 worlds worth of courses you can save it looks like thats 120 courses what the fuuuuuu

You can only upload ten at first though. You can still build that many.

First contest will be up in about 18 hours.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Have fun ya jerks I still gotta wait for Amazon to deliver my copy. At least I can look at videos until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiOMmBXM9KM

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Started playing it last night, but actually started making levels today. Pretty good IMO.

I've played the 100 Mario Challenge on difficult a few times, and I love it. Skipping past the bullshit "You have to jump pixel perfect and, oh yeah, invisible blocks, why not" levels with a swipe is cool, and some people actually do a drat good job making hard, but fair, levels. At least right now, before more people get in I guess. Every time I play though, I see some ideas that I never thought of, and that inspires me to get more creative with my levels.

So yeah, great game. Worth getting.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm ready. I'm ready to make Marios. Infinite Marios. I want to make Marios.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll tear us apart, Mario. But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Mario. And you're gonna be a part of 'em. And together we're gonna run around, Mario, we're gonna do all kinds of wonderful things, Mario. Just you and me, Mario. The outside world is our enemy, Mario. We're the only friends we've got, Mario. It's just Goon and Mario. Goon and Mario and their adventures, Mario. Goon and Mario, forever and forever, a hundred years Goon and Mario, s... things. Me and Goon and Mario runnin' around and Goon and Mario time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Goon and Mario forever a hundred times. Over and over Goon and Mario adventures dot com W W W dot Goons Make Mario dot com W W W Goons Make Mario adventures all hundred years. Every minute Goons Make Mario dot com W W W hundred times Goons Make Mario dot com.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

DalaranJ posted:

Because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll tear us apart, Mario. But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Mario. And you're gonna be a part of 'em. And together we're gonna run around, Mario, we're gonna do all kinds of wonderful things, Mario. Just you and me, Mario. The outside world is our enemy, Mario. We're the only friends we've got, Mario. It's just Goon and Mario. Goon and Mario and their adventures, Mario. Goon and Mario, forever and forever, a hundred years Goon and Mario, s... things. Me and Goon and Mario runnin' around and Goon and Mario time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Goon and Mario forever a hundred times. Over and over Goon and Mario adventures dot com W W W dot Goons Make Mario dot com W W W Goons Make Mario adventures all hundred years. Every minute Goons Make Mario dot com W W W hundred times Goons Make Mario dot com.

Paraphrased pilot
Rick and Morty a shameless
mediocre post

EDIT

I am sorry J
nothing personal its just
haikus pass the time

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 11, 2015

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Hope you all have fun with your levels... I have 12 more hours to wait until Gamestop opens its doors so I can get Super Mario Maker and an Olimar Amiibo.

Gonna make some amazing levels soon!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is there a way to play the levels you make outside the editor without uploading them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I made a terrible first go level and dipped my toe in the 10 mario challenge. The last level literally took all 10 marios from me and I lost, but it wasn't unfair, I was just poo poo. My only complaint is that I got a notification saying the new stuff would unlock on the 12th still, but like others said you can do plenty with the basics.

This is a very good game.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Sadly seeing mostly the usual kaizos and cluttered levels in general. I wish more people stayed true to the general flow where on an optimal path one could run the whole level without stopping.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I made a terrible first go level and dipped my toe in the 10 mario challenge. The last level literally took all 10 marios from me and I lost, but it wasn't unfair, I was just poo poo. My only complaint is that I got a notification saying the new stuff would unlock on the 12th still, but like others said you can do plenty with the basics.

This is a very good game.

I was told new stuff was coming on the 15th, which I assumed meant DLC because I heard the patch made you get all the current stuff much faster. :shrug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

_Endgame_ posted:

Sadly seeing mostly the usual kaizos and cluttered levels in general. I wish more people stayed true to the general flow where on an optimal path one could run the whole level without stopping.

thats not really a mario rule, lots of levels have you stop and access the situation. usually things like piranha plants or vertical pathing enemies. i have no doubt everyone is making poo poo too cluttered though.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Countblanc posted:

thats not really a mario rule, lots of levels have you stop and access the situation. usually things like piranha plants or vertical pathing enemies. i have no doubt everyone is making poo poo too cluttered though.

The good news is the highest starred levels are for a reason it seems. Namely a automatic level and a hold right to do some smooth koopa jumping, simple but enjoyable.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

_Endgame_ posted:

I wager Kaizos are easier to build, just plop 5 paratroopas and some blocks over a chasm and stick a flagpole at the end. Look ma I dun made a level, who needs creativity or design

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Seems like like every SMB1 stage i've played so far has had some slight issue with the controls feeling off, I don't like this.

I bet it has to do with the physics engine being revamped to remove wall jumping.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

_Endgame_ posted:

The good news is the highest starred levels are for a reason it seems. Namely a automatic level and a hold right to do some smooth koopa jumping, simple but enjoyable.

For first level I
still like pissy lakitu
but also add thwomp

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Is the trail of Marios something that has to unlock? I had to just eyeball my precise jumps.

I only got to make one level that's worth a hoot. Now it's time for bed because I work in the morning. Places of business should be close in honor of 9/11, the day of Mario making. :smith:

_Endgame_ posted:

You have to run without stopping, because the floor is nothing but Fire Piranhas. :unsmigghh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

BabyRyoga posted:

Seems like like every SMB1 stage i've played so far has had some slight issue with the controls feeling off, I don't like this.

I bet it has to do with the physics engine being revamped to remove wall jumping.

They didn't revamp anything. The physics for every theme is basically NSMB physics, it's not even close to 1:1 to each game.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They didn't revamp anything. The physics for every theme is basically NSMB physics, it's not even close to 1:1 to each game.

They definitely changed the way SMB1 physics are. It's less responsive to how you interact when walking into the side of a block, since they removed the wall jump "glitch" that existed in the original, which was a result of weird issues with pixels on the edge of blocks.

edit: they also removed some of the more confusing interactions, like big mario being stuck in a narrow passage with only small mario worth of room forces crouch instead of auto relocates mario upon standing.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 11, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The game has been out for less than a day and you're complaining that there aren't enough good levels yet

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

How do the unlocks work? You start off with very limited stuff. I did get the notification that more stuff will come out on Saturday but is there nothing else I can unlock other than the starting tools until then?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I just put up my first level. I hope it's at least somewhere approaching interesting :shobon:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Mario looks weird in widescreen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

BabyRyoga posted:

They definitely changed the way SMB1 physics are. It's less responsive to how you interact when walking into the side of a block, since they removed the wall jump "glitch" that existed in the original, which was a result of weird issues with pixels on the edge of blocks.

You misunderstood me - yes, the physics are different from the original but it's not because they altered or incorrectly ported the SMB1 physics, it's because SMB and every other mode are just skins over the same NSMB physics and they don't even pretend to be accurate to the physics of each game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

Is the trail of Marios something that has to unlock? I had to just eyeball my precise jumps.

The answer is yes, it is an unlock for some bizarre reason.

• Locked thread