Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Very important question about Yahoo sports: in the web browser, is there any way to change the color scheme to the darker version they had last year? all the white in the new scheme is burning my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Vicas posted:

Very important question about Yahoo sports: in the web browser, is there any way to change the color scheme to the darker version they had last year? all the white in the new scheme is burning my eyes

I think they've eliminated the option to change, because I can't seem to find it.

The dark version was awful!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Picking Prust in the 22nd round purely for PIMs is already paying off :toot:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The fantasy app is very un-intuitive

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Already with my backup goalie trio, Lehner is out injured.

:negative:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Why the gently caress is Cam Ward out performing MAF? What's going on?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Veskit posted:

Why the gently caress is Cam Ward out performing MAF? What's going on?

Because it has been one game.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Oh hai dylan larkin, how nice of you to join my keeper team from waivers. Hope he keeps up the pace...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the first week of the season is always my favorite. some people get really smug about their waiver pickups, scrubs, and rookies, others are already panicking. its fun.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the first week of the season is always my favorite. some people get really smug about their waiver pickups, scrubs, and rookies, others are already panicking. its fun.

It owns, JT Miller is gonna carry me all season

genki
Nov 12, 2003
You basically have to be omnipotent to make a choice that will hold up over the entire season. Makes for fun gambling.

The real question is whether you give up on someone too early...

Speaking of early season pickups, I'm surprised no one's gone for Lindberg yet in HHL...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think the league size and roster size in HHL makes it a bit early to take a chance on a guy like Lindberg. He's hot right now and may even end up being a good keeper, but you're probably dropping an established player to take him and that could really screw you over if Lindberg doesn't work out.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

On the other hand, I chose not to drop Eakin last year for Forsberg, and that turned out to be the second-worst move I made all year (the first was keeping Perron over Schwartz).

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

The key is to have a slot open to pick up random dudes every other day because your top center (who you waited to spend a ton of money on) is injured, and you didn't know.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm currently losing to an autodrafter in HHL because he auto-drafted Mike Smith and because my players are all gentlemen who don't hit or take penalties.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Mike Smith's shutout means my platoon of Smith and Dubnyk is actually tied with Toe Knee's Rinne, lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

god bless you michael neuvirth for dragging my LSL goalies into respectability for this week

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I have MAF and cam ward in LSL

:negative:

I was supposed to win on wins and save amounts by default gently caress.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm currently losing to an autodrafter in HHL because he auto-drafted Mike Smith and because my players are all gentlemen who don't hit or take penalties.

It's early for trades but I think I have too much GRIT (hits/blocks) and not enough scoring. I would be willing to sacrifice some GRIT for the right price.

(not directed at you specifically but at everyone, also this is both HHL (As Gudas it Gets) and LSL (Le-Tang Clan))

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Why does Yahoo have Boone Jenner listed as a C? Hasn't he always been a LW or something? drat it, Yahoo, stop messing with my center spots, that's my job.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I accidentally benched Reto loving Berra in the LSL, and he got a 35 save shutout.

Pretty sure I'd be winning 11-1 this week if not for that.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Crosby is alive

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thank gently caress.

Also, I trade Raanta (as a throw in for Too Cop Bob... please get better at goaltending Bob) and he immediately gets a shutout. gently caress

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

I accidentally benched Reto loving Berra in the LSL, and he got a 35 save shutout.

Pretty sure I'd be winning 11-1 this week if not for that.

I also decided to bench Cam Ward in HHL yesterday because he's Cam loving Ward and I already had a shutout from Jaroslav Halak.

gently caress.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Jones for Forsberg. Good trade or no?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
are you getting jones or forsberg

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Depends on settings. How much are goalies weighted? Right now in a league that favours goalies I'd be pretty reticent to move Jones.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Also mildly important, Seth or Martin

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vicas posted:

lol yeah good point

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm not blaming you guys at all, it was my idea and my call, but why did you guys agree with my idea to not pick Price :cry:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Because no matter how well Montreal is doing right now, Holtbty and Bishop is better than Price and Dubnyk.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jordan7hm posted:

Because no matter how well Montreal is doing right now, Holtbty and Bishop is better than Price and Dubnyk.

I probably could have figured out a way to fit price in with a combination of Holtby or more likely Bishop (my duo last year). I agree that the total wins will be better, but if Price gets shutout after shutout, that's where all the gravy is

I guess the reason I'm pissed is because I now implicitly have to cheer against my own team and can't even be happy about the winning streak (unless Condon plays). I should have realized that when I was making my decision

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The season is young. (but I don't remember you presenting that as an option. You shoulda done that yeah)

Holtby / Price is an insane goalie combo. Bishop / Price is pretty good too.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Vicas posted:

Martin. I'd be trading Jones for Forsberg. Goalies are good in my league bit I have two starters and a backup. Hes also good trade bait if I need it

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Alright I need some fantasy advice. Too many LWs, all scoring categories, should I drop Ladd or Kreider? I'm leaning towards keeping Kreider solely based on that NYR are in an easier division, but Ladd is top PP pairing so I'm conflicted.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

DeNofa posted:

Alright I need some fantasy advice. Too many LWs, all scoring categories, should I drop Ladd or Kreider? I'm leaning towards keeping Kreider solely based on that NYR are in an easier division, but Ladd is top PP pairing so I'm conflicted.

Neither. Try to find a trade partner.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Hey guys on my HHL team,

It'd be nice if you would stop getting injured.

Thanks,
Fancy stats

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Martin. I'd be trading Jones for Forsberg. Goalies are good in my league bit I have two starters and a backup. Hes also good trade bait if I need it

I would probably do this deal, but it would depend on who my other goalies are.

DeNofa posted:

These guys are too valuable to drop, unless you're in a 4-team league.

fancy stats posted:

Hey guys on my HHL team,

It'd be nice if you would stop getting injured.

Thanks,
Fancy stats

Hey HHL team,

I apologize for drafting Lehtonen and Bernier. I wasn't thinking.

Apologies,
Twin Cinema

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Twin Cinema posted:

I would probably do this deal, but it would depend on who my other goalies are.

I have Rinne, Niemi, and Mrazek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

RC Cola posted:

I have Rinne, Niemi, and Mrazek

Oh yeah, I'd do that deal. You should be able to hit your weekly starts with Niemi and Mrazek sharing the time (I assume they are sharing time. I haven't checked).

• Locked thread