Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
momerath
Nov 15, 2014
i'm a little worried about colage. my high school gpa is very low (sub 2.5 lol) and i'm concerned that schools that i applied to are going to take that seriously. i graduated high school 6 years ago, am I really going to be held to that standard alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

How bad are you at english and math? If you go to community college they will just test you for placement and when you transfer to a 4 year they could not give a gently caress less about how you did in highschool.

eh, i'm not too bad, i was in ap classes all through high school but i hosed off a lot especially in my senior year so that's strongly reflected in my gpa. and yeah i've been thinking of going to some poo poo community college at the risk of losing a semester of gi bill funds

The Protagonist posted:

nah go to community college and spend a little time on khan/wolfram before you do their placement tests

chances are they'll have you do remedial classes though, which they'll probably never bother to mention don't count for college credit

going straight to a four year is dumb

yeah, i'm really considering it, although i'm kind of stuck in this weird time frame since i got extended a year for my military contract. so i ended up getting out just as the fall semester began which puts me between a dick and a hard place as far as viable timely options go

• Locked thread